4 Marvel superheroes to get their own NETFLIX shows

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://theweek.com/article/index/25...es-who-will-soon-have-their-own-netflix-shows

"The press release didn't reveal the creative team or cast behind any of the new projects, but it did unveil the four comic-book superheroes who will soon be introduced to a mass audience: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist."

Yeah NETFLIX. Can we please have some SciFi now? Pretty please?

LOL, I predicted this sort of thing would happen with Netflix two years ago on these forums. :) They are fast becoming an on-demand media provider, with original content. :) This model is what the cable channels need but wont go for because they cannot compete. They cannot offer the low price of Netflix and continue to operate all of their thousands of cable offices. Their advertising dollars would go away overnight. The online model with commercials (Hulu, Hulu+) is not catching on. The pay per view model used by Amazon Prime is a huge turnoff for me. They have taken the same prices for these "rentals" as the brick and mortar video stores get (those still left operating). Not worth it to me. I do not want to pay a dollar or two or up to $6.00 to rent a movie for two days. You can buy them too, again at retail prices you see in video stores. Netflix has the best model of all. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
LOL, I predicted this sort of thing would happen with Netflix two years ago on these forums. :) They are fast becoming an on-demand media provider, with original content. :) This model is what the cable channels need but wont go for because they cannot compete. They cannot offer the low price of Netflix and continue to operate all of their thousands of cable offices. Their advertising dollars would go away overnight. The online model with commercials (Hulu, Hulu+) is not catching on. The pay per view model used by Amazon Prime is a huge turnoff for me. They have taken the same prices for these "rentals" as the brick and mortar video stores get (those still left operating). Not worth it to me. I do not want to pay a dollar or two or up to $6.00 to rent a movie for two days. You can buy them too, again at retail prices you see in video stores. Netflix has the best model of all. :)

This is why I own so many movies brother.
I cannot go the "alternative method" (well, yeah, sure I could), but I will rarely pay to go to the movies as well. Buying movies is a happy medium for me.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Meh, could they have picked more boring "superheroes"? They're all pretty much NY based (yawn) and they all pretty much have contrived drama in their histories (yawn yawn). So basically Netflix is going to make House of Cards but with superheroes, which is to say, lots and lots of talking (and what little action/SFX there is will be rare and lame).

f11d0ee9.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is why I own so many movies brother.
I cannot go the "alternative method" (well, yeah, sure I could), but I will rarely pay to go to the movies as well. Buying movies is a happy medium for me.

The movies at home phenomena is reaching every family here now. You can get a decent 50" HDTV for $600 now. Connect a computer to that, and you have the world at your fingertips. Connect a computer to all of your TVs and network them, and you have the same content shared across them. You can even connect to your home network from your phone or tablet whilst on the go, and watch your stuff on them. This is why my home network storage is now about 12TB across all machines with storage disks. If I have all of the content on my own network, under my control, I dont need to stream from Netflix all the time. I have entire series, documentaries, miniseries, cartoons, classic SciFi, whatever. :) You can do it very basically as well, with a regular TV and computer or even a laptop connected to the TV.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The movies at home phenomena is reaching every family here now. You can get a decent 50" HDTV for $600 now. Connect a computer to that, and you have the world at your fingertips. Connect a computer to all of your TVs and network them, and you have the same content shared across them. You can even connect to your home network from your phone or tablet whilst on the go, and watch your stuff on them. This is why my home network storage is now about 12TB across all machines with storage disks. If I have all of the content on my own network, under my control, I dont need to stream from Netflix all the time. I have entire series, documentaries, miniseries, cartoons, classic SciFi, whatever. :) You can do it very basically as well, with a regular TV and computer or even a laptop connected to the TV.

Oh, I know all that dude, that's not what I am saying :P

heisenberg

Earl Grey
http://theweek.com/article/index/25...es-who-will-soon-have-their-own-netflix-shows

"The press release didn't reveal the creative team or cast behind any of the new projects, but it did unveil the four comic-book superheroes who will soon be introduced to a mass audience: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist."

Yeah NETFLIX. Can we please have some SciFi now? Pretty please?
I can't see a science fiction show going on netflix. Fantasy has always been more popular than science fiction. I would only be optimistic about star trek but that's about it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I can't see a science fiction show going on netflix. Fantasy has always been more popular than science fiction. I would only be optimistic about star trek but that's about it.

Well there is one Wachowski/J. Mike Strac show coming to 'flix next year. It's just that I would rather see other types of sci-fi then what the Wachowski's make--hopefully Stracinski's input will 'level it out'