Yea (??) more SGU?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I say hell yeah bring it on baby.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
There are quite a few vids in my YT feed on this. a good sign? The buzz has been generated because MGM/AMAZON has finally appointed a head of MGM movie development

Word is that the potential TPTB's want to kick things off with a movie, followed by a series

i say just do the series

one YT'r with claimed connections to the 'inside' say that possible TPTBs are looking at a PICARD type of cast arrangement given the age and availability of original cast

So maybe it will be a search for the DESTINY? I would be good with that, so long as it is in lines with what I posted above. Maybe the planet builders are 'found' by Home Galaxy SG command and will be used to help locate destiny?

or maybe we will get nothing and love that! :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
No, just nope.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
SGU was complete trash; it needs no continuation.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I AGREE!

but as I said, if they were to do it in a SG Atlantis style, technically, stylistically, "mood" ,, then what?
Maybe, but I highly highly highly doubt it. I wanted them to get rid of the communication stones but both BDW and RCP were obsessed with them.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I AGREE!

but as I said, if they were to do it in a SG Atlantis style, technically, stylistically, "mood" ,, then what?
Mind you, SGA had it's issues with the camera but it wasn't as bad. There were some moments which were shot quite bad with some shaky camera and bad frame rate.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Mind you, SGA had it's issues with the camera but it wasn't as bad. There were some moments which were shot quite bad with some shaky camera and bad frame rate.
how about- and of course this is total spec-- but hey this is what we USED TO DO HERE!... The search for DESTINY is headed up by General Sheppard, and his team including Rodney, Teal'c, Mr Frenemy Wraith dude, and a few other fan faves?

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
how about- and of course this is total spec-- but hey this is what we USED TO DO HERE!... The search for DESTINY is headed up by General Sheppard, and his team including Rodney, Teal'c, Mr Frenemy Wraith dude, and a few other fan faves?
Sure, wouldn't mind that.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Sure, wouldn't mind that.
point being, and what I think some of these self proclaimed "in the know" YT'rs, some I know are connected with GateWorld btw, is that a big issue is also avaialbility of fan fav. known former cast

i type of PICARD situation would exist where it would be necessary to gather actors from all three of the shows to make any new one, at least to get it started

i think it could be interesting if done right-- and done in real time too. don't try and play it off like what has it been? 12 yrs has NOT gone by? Show us what STARGATE CMD has been up to all these years too

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan

One thing that does seem confirmed at this point is that Amazon is not interested in producing Brad Wright’s pilot script for a new show — the fourth set in the universe he established in co-creating Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It seems like there's gonna be a hard reboot. And to be honest, I'm not against that. It allows for the chance to have a great new show with no past baggage in which entirely new "rules" can be laid out. I'm ready for it. The shows of the past are the past. They were great, but they're not for now, and there really isn't a point to continuing them now. Times have changed. The TV landscape has changed. I just hope it won't be woke. It would be exciting to witness a whole new show start from scratch.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What is interesting is all of the different articles are based on the same source. So essentially we have one source saying Amazon is working on Stargate. Hopefully they have the smarts if this is real to find someone with a good track record of making science fiction of quality and they give them creative control. Under no circumstances should anyone with "Activist" anywhere in their history be hired in any capacity.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
It seems like there's gonna be a hard reboot. And to be honest, I'm not against that. It allows for the chance to have a great new show with no past baggage in which entirely new "rules" can be laid out. I'm ready for it. The shows of the past are the past. They were great, but they're not for now, and there really isn't a point to continuing them now. Times have changed. The TV landscape has changed. I just hope it won't be woke. It would be exciting to witness a whole new show start from scratch.
What is interesting is all of the different articles are based on the same source. So essentially we have one source saying Amazon is working on Stargate. Hopefully they have the smarts if this is real to find someone with a good track record of making science fiction of quality and they give them creative control. Under no circumstances should anyone with "Activist" anywhere in their history be hired in any capacity.
i am not holding my breath because they did such abysmal job with Lord of the rings - Rings of Power. WB had to ask Peter Jackson to come in and release another Lord of the rings movie which is in the works.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
i am not holding my breath because they did such abysmal job with Lord of the rings - Rings of Power. WB had to ask Peter Jackson to come in and release another Lord of the rings movie which is in the works.
Oh, interesting. I didn't know. I haven't watched the rings of power yet. But those movies were great. A fourth one could be nice. I haven't watched those movies in ages either.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Oh, interesting. I didn't know. I haven't watched the rings of power yet. But those movies were great. A fourth one could be nice. I haven't watched those movies in ages either.