What was your favorite anti SGU Name -- (i.e. SG 90210 or SG FU)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
how about: Starlost

You can"t compare StarLost to sgpoo cause one could watch StarLost without vomiting lol though it was some bizzar show to watch sometimes . Did they ever get the ship back on course ? I can"t remember lol !

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nope!

You can"t compare StarLost to sgpoo cause one could watch StarLost without vomiting lol though it was some bizzar show to watch sometimes . Did they ever get the ship back on course ? I can"t remember lol !

No, they never did find the real Control Room. :(

Sami_

GateFans Noob
I never liked using Voyager or Battlestar Galactica in the SGU names - its insulting to those shows.

I have no problem with the SGU 90210 because its horrible too but I'd still feel insulted if I was on the cast or crew of 90210.

Red Mage

Boney
Stargate: Degrassi. Reflects how SGU feels like a teen drama show. The sad part is all the characters are well over 20 years of age. It speaks volumes about the maturity of the show's writers to have all these adult characters act like teenagers.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
Battlegate Voyager 90210 always makes me laugh.
But the winner for me has to be SGPoo. Bodily humor always cracks me up. Can't help it.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I kinda liked the title I saw on that other SGU-dismay site...

SG:WTF

I think that says it all.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
I never liked using Voyager or Battlestar Galactica in the SGU names - its insulting to those shows.

I have no problem with the SGU 90210 because its horrible too but I'd still feel insulted if I was on the cast or crew of 90210.

It's a matter of opinion, of course, but personally I don't see it as an insult of the other shows to use their names. The reason being - SGU was a poor copy of those shows. It was derivative, threw out what was actually good from those shows, and then tried to combine the remaining elements from the shows together into something entertaining, but failed miserably. For example, it was blatantly obvious when watching the scenes with Rush talk to his dead wife, for example, that they were going for a Baltar and Blonde Cylon chick effect, but it was painful to watch the SGU scenes because Battlestar just pulled that off way better.

Some people tell me that 90210 was actually quite a good soap, for a soap. I don't know cuz I never watched it, but what is funny about using it in the name is that SGU was marketed as a sci-fi adventure yet it was more like the soap opera genre. So personally, I don't think I'd be insulted if I was a 90210 cast member, but maybe some of the real cast would be, who knows.

Anyways, for my personal favorite I love how Battlestar Galactigate rolls off the tongue, but I think it is a tad redundant to have both the Battle and the Galactica - so I suppose I'm another vote for

Battlegate Voyager 90210

Although there are so many other funny ones!

P

phronsie

I kinda liked the title I saw on that other SGU-dismay site...

SG:WTF

I think that says it all.

Love that!! What is this other site you mention? I'll apologize if I'm just being too stupid and should be able to figure it out on my own....