What Was the Last Thing You Ate/Drank

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Lunch....(homemade) double bacon cheese burger with potato fries and iced raspberry/green tea. :)

Burger: two 87% lean beef patties
Two (thick) slices of sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 sliced Roma tomato
Two large leaves Romaine lettuce (split lengthwise and cut in half)
Special sauce: Mayo, sweet relish, mustard, dash of chipoltle powder, mixed together.
1 Nature's Harvest multigrain bun
1 cup frozen "fast food fries" (used here)...if you want fresh fries, you have to slice your potatoes and fry. These fries are baked.
I raspberry tea bag, one green tea bag...heat water and steep hot teas, add two packets of Splenda to hot tea then pour over ice in a tall glass

20140318_002223.jpg

Cost to make?: $1.50

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Dinner the last couple of nights has been a stew recipe that has been in the family.

Fresh Mushrooms, Blended Tomatoes, some local Puree, diced Onions and Green Peppers, crushed garlic, oregano, dark red kidney beans and REALLY lean Pot Roast ground up and then rendered to get as much fat out as possible. Fiber is on the high side and fat on the low side - plus it's tasty. Comfort food.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
2 oz Planters Dry Roasted nuts. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Took my best friend out for her birthday today . I had 1 Stella Artois and then a wicked bacon wrapped meat loaf on top of mashed patatoes . Then I made the stupid mistake of ordering a Pecan piece of cake thingy ,,,... I never want to eat again ,,, I feel so bloated but god almighty that was a good lunch :) :) :) . Guess I'll roll into bed tonight !!!. Thank goodness my dog threatened me with her lazer eyes so I just walked her for 2 miles ... No dinner for me tonight ,,,
PS ,,, I also finished off my friends order of steak and patotoes and some of her apple crumble ,,,I am such a PIGGG .
Amazingly I am slim believe it or not :) :) :)
!!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Took my best friend out for her birthday today . I had 1 Stella Artois and then a wicked bacon wrapped meat loaf on top of mashed patatoes . Then I made the stupid mistake of ordering a Pecan piece of cake thingy ,,,... I never want to eat again ,,, I feel so bloated but god almighty that was a good lunch :) :) :) . Guess I'll roll into bed tonight !!!. Thank goodness my dog threatened me with her lazer eyes so I just walked her for 2 miles ... No dinner for me tonight ,,,
PS ,,, I also finished off my friends order of steak and patotoes and some of her apple crumble ,,,I am such a PIGGG .
!!!

The things you do suggest an active lifestyle. Activity = slimness (coupled with a decent diet). :) You "binged". We all do it!

But damn, you have me wanting to make a bacon wrapped meatloaf now. :( :icon10:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did you have that with or without your tobacco salad? Or have you successfully quit?

Im two days in. Not as grueling as I thought it would be. Easier to resist temptation now. :) But it is making me grumpy during the middle of the day. :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
!!!

You Canadians certainly know how to put out a spread. One of the best meals I ever had was in Montreal at this French place down in the old part of the city. Great food, great wine -- I spent the rest of the night moaning on my bed because I was so full but it was worth it. :encouragement:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The salt and oxidized cholesterol will kill you! :icon_e_surprised:

Not if I drink enough water and maintain my low carb diet. :) Ive dealt with the cholesterol issue before. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/11-foods-that-lower-cholesterol.shtml

Excerpt:

4th item down from the top foods that lower LDL cholesterol (bad):

Nuts. A bushel of studies shows that eating almonds, walnuts, peanuts, and other nuts is good for the heart. Eating 2 ounces of nuts a day can slightly lower LDL, on the order of 5%.

:) Nuts are a big part of the Atrkins way of eating, and they are meant to replace crisps, crackers and other artificially produced crunchy snacks.

OPEN QUESTION: Does anybody know what the hell a "Cheeto" is made of? Anybody have any idea what sort of processes are needed to make them? I dont. I wonder if the hundreds of millions of people worldwide who nosh on them every year even care? :moody:

cheetos2.jpg

B

Backstep

http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/11-foods-that-lower-cholesterol.shtml

Excerpt:

4th item down from the top foods that lower LDL cholesterol (bad):

:) Nuts are a big part of the Atrkins way of eating, and they are meant to replace crisps, crackers and other artificially produced crunchy snacks.

OPEN QUESTION: Does anybody know what the hell a "Cheeto" is made of? Anybody have any idea what sort of processes are needed to make them? I dont. I wonder if the hundreds of millions of people worldwide who nosh on them every year even care? :moody:

View attachment 29648

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-cheeto-made-of

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

What is the "goo" they are frying up in that machine? :facepalm:. Cheetos came up because my neighbor, the big guy sports nut came home in a good mood and on the way to his door he gave me a friendly slap on the back. I go inside a minute later, and notice this hand-shaped orange print on my fresh white dress shirt. I go to my neighbor and ask him what it was (so I could figure out how to get it out). Cheetos (Extra Crunchy). :shame:. It does come out with normal laundry soap.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't eat the shit dude, closest I get to snacks like that is "shapes" maybe once every 2 months.

http://www.arnotts.com.au/our-products/products/arnotts-shapes.aspx

I will sometimes cheat with corn chips or potato chips, but never "puffed" treats like Fununs (I assume they are made in a similar fashion), Cheetos, etc. Making corn chips involved grinding the corn, then adding fat to the meal and frying. Very bad, but still closer to the original than those puffed mystery turdlets. I broke one of them open and it looks like some type of edible frozen foam. :(

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I will sometimes cheat with corn chips or potato chips, but never "puffed" treats like Fununs (I assume they are made in a similar fashion), Cheetos, etc. Making corn chips involved grinding the corn, then adding fat to the meal and frying. Very bad, but still closer to the original than those puffed mystery turdlets. I broke one of them open and it looks like some type of edible frozen foam. :(
Packing penuts :P

Oh, I sometimes have pork rinds as well: http://www.goldmedalsnacks.com/pork_krackles_a.html

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Packing penuts :P

Oh, I sometimes have pork rinds as well: http://www.goldmedalsnacks.com/pork_krackles_a.html

OF COURSE! Those are THEE crunchy snack replacement in Atkins. At zero carbs, you can crunch them to your heart's content. A hint, you can get real cheddar cheese powder (dehydrated) and get a very close approximation of a Cheeto...but you know what it is made of at least! Still extremely low carb. :)