Trigun

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Rather than derail the Firefly thread any further, I thought I would post this here. After watching this, I'm getting a serious hankering for a Trigun rewatch, and if I can retrieve my first disc from the person who has got it, I probably will.

To Vash the Stampede, one very cool space cowboy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD9KxrASYWc&feature=related

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I have always loved Trigun. The combination of humor and serious content was just right with this anime. Just fantastic stuff.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
A quick check on youtube found me Episode 1 of Trigun. Rather than discuss the ep, I thought I would post them here and see if there is any interest from others about this series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yWqmVAXXxA&NR=1

[video=youtube;wmzb71cqK-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmzb71cqK-Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWdv80Psauc&feature=related

Enjoy!!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
There's just something about Vash. I can't put my finger on it, but he's just...well...fun.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So, no one ele has seen this show or likes it?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm sure there are more of us who have...they may just be afraid to admit to watching anime ;)

What other anime do you watch? I've watched several (but no DBZ, Pokemon or related fare in that pile).

And I'm an enormous fan of Miyazaki's work. Just amazing stuff.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'm sure there are more of us who have...they may just be afraid to admit to watching anime ;)

What other anime do you watch? I've watched several (but no DBZ, Pokemon or related fare in that pile).

And I'm an enormous fan of Miyazaki's work. Just amazing stuff.

In my collection is (not all "strictly" anime):
Trigun
Hellsing
Bezerk
Bubblegum crisis
Robotech
Starbazers (space battleship Yamoto)
Steel angel Karumi
Astroboy (new and original, but not complete)

I also have movies as well (Akira, ninja scroll, blood, Vampire hunter D, Ghost in the shell etc)
I have seen more than I own, and do want more, but the stinging lack of a "paying job" sorta puts a crimp in that :P

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
In my collection is (not all "strictly" anime):
Trigun
Hellsing
Bezerk
Bubblegum crisis
Robotech
Starbazers (space battleship Yamoto)
Steel angel Karumi
Astroboy (new and original, but not complete)

I also have movies as well (Akira, ninja scroll, blood, Vampire hunter D, Ghost in the shell etc)
I have seen more than I own, and do want more, but the stinging lack of a "paying job" sorta puts a crimp in that :P
Gawd...lemme think...and I know I'll miss a bunch...

12 Kingdoms
Hellsing
Hellsing Ultimate
Fruits Basket
A Cheeky Angel
Someday's Dreamers
RahXephon
Evangelion
One Piece
Spirited Away
Tonari noh Totoro
Ponyo
Serial Experiments Lain
Bleach
Porco Rosso
Full Metal Alchemist
Akira
Ghost in the Shell 1 & 2 (and the movies)
Appleseed
The Scrapped Princess
Trigun
Robotech
Speed Racer
Berzerk (put your grasses on...nothing will be wong)
Eureka 7

...and a crapload more.

And all fansubs, rather than dubs.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow, like...how did I miss this?

So, no one ele has seen this show or likes it?

I cant believe how much stuff I miss! Im so busy, I havent had time to check out the esoteric anime you guys watch! Im totally loving this Trigun. Im the kind of guy who discovers something new, and then wants all of it that I can find online/ :) I want EVERY episode now!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I cant believe how much stuff I miss! Im so busy, I havent had time to check out the esoteric anime you guys watch! Im totally loving this Trigun. Im the kind of guy who discovers something new, and then wants all of it that I can find online/ :) I want EVERY episode now!
My daughter's the one who got me hooked, years ago. I love the stuff. I never got into the "kiddie" stuff (I don't watch anything that can be turned into a game LOL).

Ah, yes...I forgot to mention Elfin Lied. That one was...odd.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

If you check out the playlist of the original poster on Youtube you can probably find legal links to about half (if not more) of the series. Trigun starts off as "a bit of fun", but the more you watch, the more you realise just how complex a character Vash is and just what it takes out of him to follow his internal moral compass and what he has given up to do it. Here is another music vid (actually, it was the first I found for Trigun) that makes you wonder about him without having to watch the whole series (which you should do anyway :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2YqQ8YPk4I

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I really liked this one for some reason, guy reminded me a lot of Spike from cowboy bebop. The movie was great too.