Total Recall - 2012 FULL Official Trailer

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
told yall-- FX extravaganca...

i still donno tho.. seems actiony and FX-y but ill def watch it and hold off on my judgement til then.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, it'll sure be different with Colin Farrell, rather than muscle-for-brains Schwarzenegger.

On a vaguely related tangent, I find it hilarious that Ahnold is trying to go back into the movies again. He's just not aging well. He's starting to look too much like the father of his character from Red Heat. :P (Well, as I imagined he would have looked, anyway. We never saw that character's father.)

OMNI

Well, it'll sure be different with Colin Farrell, rather than muscle-for-brains Schwarzenegger.

On a vaguely related tangent, I find it hilarious that Ahnold is trying to go back into the movies again. He's just not aging well. He's starting to look too much like the father of his character from Red Heat. :P (Well, as I imagined he would have looked, anyway. We never saw that character's father.)
agreed! and LOL!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrK9S0sOskU​

I AM DEFINITELY SEEING THIS!!!!!

I am salivating for it now. OMG, I am so seeing it! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
just an FYI rumor is they aint going to mars...

Wha??? That would be a dealbreaker for me. No alien machine? No liberating Mars from Cohaagen? :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
what sold you on it?

I see the storyline from the original, the wife, and if I was not mistaken, isn't that the ORIGINAL Total Recall chair in the film? I see they made his close buddy the black guy, the wife is hotter, and Melina (hope that is her name) is also hot. I saw flying cars, and cool weapons. That is more than I can get from anything which has come out recently. :)

OMNI

I see the storyline from the original, the wife, and if I was not mistaken, isn't that the ORIGINAL Total Recall chair in the film? I see they made his close buddy the black guy, the wife is hotter, and Melina (hope that is her name) is also hot. I saw flying cars, and cool weapons. That is more than I can get from anything which has come out recently. :)
agree with all that ;) ill def be seeing it and if it blows be sure that ill be here to rage about it :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
the rest of the internet confirms... No mars :(

http://www.moviesonline.ca/2011/01/total-recall-remake-mars/

Dealbreaker. :( This means that this film will be the precursor of some lame series to follow. They keep it on earth, and then later in the series they can use earth locales. If there is no Mars, then there is no alien device, no mutants, no Quato no Cohagen and no cool ending where Mars has an atmosphere. I will now just wait until reviews come in and then see it, or not.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I won't pay to see it at a theater because of Colin Whatever his name is. I know that sounds dumb but that's my criteria. I'll just catch it on cable.

OMNI

http://www.moviesonline.ca/2011/01/total-recall-remake-mars/

Dealbreaker. :( This means that this film will be the precursor of some lame series to follow. They keep it on earth, and then later in the series they can use earth locales. If there is no Mars, then there is no alien device, no mutants, no Quato no Cohagen and no cool ending where Mars has an atmosphere. I will now just wait until reviews come in and then see it, or not.

actually there is a quato and a cohaagen it just doenst happen on mars... and i doubt theyll try the series spinnoff with this AGAIN seeing as the first try was AWFULL!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
actually there is a quato and a cohaagen it just doenst happen on mars... and i doubt theyll try the series spinnoff with this AGAIN seeing as the first try was AWFULL!

Oh ffs! Why?!? I was so sold on this movie after seeing the full trailer and this just ruined it for me. :(

OMNI

Oh ffs! Why?!? I was so sold on this movie after seeing the full trailer and this just ruined it for me. :(
well according to the internet and those that have read the book this is closer to the book...

my guess is it'll be like the 1990 movie but hell be allying with rebels on earth to take down the evil dictator "chancellor cohaagen".. (man everytime i type cohaagen i think of "cow pasture" as in swedish Kohagen=cow pasture)

but i agree its def a bit of a downer that they aint doing any mars :( im still going to watch it tho but you know me... i dont pay for shit..

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
well according to the internet and those that have read the book this is closer to the book...

my guess is it'll be like the 1990 movie but hell be allying with rebels on earth to take down the evil dictator "chancellor cohaagen".. (man everytime i type cohaagen i think of "cow pasture" as in swedish Kohagen=cow pasture)

but i agree its def a bit of a downer that they aint doing any mars :( im still going to watch it tho but you know me... i dont pay for shit..

In my younger days, I had friends who worked at the bigger, more popular movie theaters. They'd always let our group of friends in through the back to watch movies for free. The only thing we couldn't get was free food. :( On the upside, nobody stopped us from bringing our own food in.

S

Stonelesscutter

Looks a lot more interesting than the trailer of the trailer.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
No Mars? Will there be a tri-breasted hooker at least? :D

All those flying cars reminded me of The Fifth Element. :P