THE EXPANSE- FINAL SEASON

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Lol!

Well, would you rather have one thread which is easy to find on which conversation takes place, or would you rather have a bunch of threads which are difficult to find on which practically no conversation takes place? That is the question.

Anyway, it is not my forum. From my perspective of a user, when I feel I wish to say something related to a show, I look for the thread for that show. Having multiple threads makes it confusing. Also, let's say I'm posting in the season 6 thread of the show, and then I want to talk about stuff from season 3 of the show, I would feel like I would have to go look for the thread for season 3 in order to say what I want to say, and possibly find that I have create a season 3 thread if it doesn't exist yet. It just doesn't make a lot of sense from that perspective.
is it anyone's forum anymore?

the "man" is long awol :)

in fact, he is actively promoting other things

hmmm :(

1639433233144.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The other places are not active.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The other places are not active.
they are not it is active, you can sign in and make posts. i just made one in the Mandalorian thread there

but even if they were not, why not advertise the site that at least has a few ppl still using it; here?

because of the name "GATEfans"thats why. so, why not change the name of here and advertise this place?

still won't mater though. too many people are way too sucked in to the social media sites. I think they are addicted to being pissed off by being banned, suspended and 'jailed' as well as censored and restricted--- they are addicted to the outrage :)

true discussion is dead

1639502509282.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Having read the last book, I am REALLY glad they are bowing out before we get to the Laconian Star Empire silliness.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Episode three is starting out rather good.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm actually waiting till it is all out there - I am hopeful they take us to the destruction of the Free Navy but do not give us the Laconian Empire - the books nosedived in quality at that point.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
they are not it is active, you can sign in and make posts. i just made one in the Mandalorian thread there

but even if they were not, why not advertise the site that at least has a few ppl still using it; here?

because of the name "GATEfans"thats why. so, why not change the name of here and advertise this place?

still won't mater though. too many people are way too sucked in to the social media sites. I think they are addicted to being pissed off by being banned, suspended and 'jailed' as well as censored and restricted--- they are addicted to the outrage :)

true discussion is dead

View attachment 35661
I am going to change it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so i watched all of this today

positives= much better finale seasons that most other show's who can't help but rush things

negatives = lot's left open ended- WHICH I KNEW was going to happen based on more source material and AMZ ditching the sow for some reason

other than that, i thought it was as good, or better than its first 2-3 seasons

just some questions,, i dont care if anyone 'spoils' from the books or maybe they are departures?

been so long since i have done a spoiler post here, i cant remember so i will give it a lot of spaces

Marco?- or really any of the disappeared ships-- do we really know if they are gone or have they just been transported elsewhere?i would have been more satisfied to see him go out in another more tactile way

Filip? obviously he is still around

missing proto molecule?

Laconians? yes i know the books go into that

and the aliens themselves-- the ones who made the proto molecule- the ring builders, the ones in the ring 'the red matter'-- any of them? are they ever revealed in the books?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I liked the finale, and really wish they had not mentioned Laconia at all. It did a good job of setting the show up for the future (potentially), resolving the Free Navy plot and also showed the framework for how the show long tensions between the Belt and Inners start to heal.

Yes the Laconians become a major issue in the last three books - set thirty years in the future. And yes both the Ring Builders and the aliens who destroyed them are revealed.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I liked the finale, and really wish they had not mentioned Laconia at all. It did a good job of setting the show up for the future (potentially), resolving the Free Navy plot and also showed the framework for how the show long tensions between the Belt and Inners start to heal.

Yes the Laconians become a major issue in the last three books - set thirty years in the future. And yes both the Ring Builders and the aliens who destroyed them are revealed.
are the girl and her 'dead' brother on laconia in the books?

also, if that skips 30 yrs.. do the books end the story of the rocinate and crew where the show did?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
No, we pick up with them 30 years later.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No, we pick up with them 30 years later.
wow.. they must be pretty old?

seems like there could have been some good stories in the time in between.. the pirates to police and the others issues they mention in the end scenes-- earth rebuilding, mars building.. belters doing whatever belters do