THE CLONE WARS new season

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
for you Ahsoka Tano fans, here ya go! :)

happily, they kept the same animation style as CLONE WARS and REBELS

this season looks a bit more PG 13 for violence then the others were

also set to be on DISNEY PLUS

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
for you Ahsoka Tano fans, here ya go! :)

happily, they kept the same animation style as CLONE WARS and REBELS

this season looks a bit more PG 13 for violence then the others were

also set to be on DISNEY PLUS

THEY FIXED ASHOKA! Yay! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I stopped watching Rebels when I saw the new Ashoka, and I never went back. Remember this thread?

https://www.gatefans.net/gforums/threads/live-action-star-wars-series-announced.28798/page-2

They completely changed Ashoka's appearance from The Clone Wars to Rebels, and I was totally turned off by the change. I made this comparison:

ashoka_compare.gif

This Ashoka came from your video clip, and she has OBVIOUSLY been changed to look like her younger self, only older...just as it should have been in Rebels.

Ashoka.PNG

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
THEY FIXED ASHOKA! Yay! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I stopped watching Rebels when I saw the new Ashoka, and I never went back. Remember this thread?

https://www.gatefans.net/gforums/threads/live-action-star-wars-series-announced.28798/page-2

They completely changed Ashoka's appearance from The Clone Wars to Rebels, and I was totally turned off by the change. I made this comparison:

View attachment 35177

This Ashoka came from your video clip, and she has OBVIOUSLY been changed to look like her younger self, only older...just as it should have been in Rebels.

View attachment 35178

oh dear..here we go again

rebels was set 14yrs after clone wars, so she aged and grew physically, her markings matured along with her physical growth

she was literally a teenager in clone wars -age 14 to about 17 or so. in rebels she would be about 31

say the character had zits in the clone wars, then-since adults usually outgrow acne, she did not have zits in rebels, would you have also been distraught?

from wikipedia on the character (yes, these are canonical facts i know how much canon un-nerves you, sorry, but the right to change any character in any show rests solely with the owners of that show) it is called ageing and growth not retcon

Appearance[edit]
Ahsoka's design evolved over three years before her introduction in the Clone Wars film.[21] Her appearance was inspired by San in Princess Mononoke.[21] Ahsoka initially appears in what Wired called a "tube-top-and-miniskirt costume". In the third season, Ahsoka and other characters received new costumes. Filoni said the changes were meant to bring the show's aesthetic closer to Revenge of the Sith and were made possible by improved animation techniques.[22]

Ahsoka's armor in Rebels is based on a "pseudo-samurai look" influenced by photographs of samurai women.[5][15] The armor is meant to appear as if she found it in an ancient Jedi temple, and her lightsabers' colorless blades indicate she is neither a Jedi nor evil.[5][15] Filoni said the white lightsabers appear much better than he anticipated.[18] Her facial markings were changed to show that she has aged.[17] It was "new ground" for the production team to shift Ahsoka's animation style to reflect her older age.[14]

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
oh dear..here we go again

rebels was set 14yrs after clone wars, so she aged and grew physically, her markings matured along with her physical growth

she was literally a teenager in clone wars -age 14 to about 17 or so. in rebels she would be about 31

Hate to say it dude, but you really look foolish trying to explain away the changes to Ashoka from TCW I to Rebels. The character calling herself Ashoka in Rebels looks COMPLETELY different, and no not because of age. Totally, completely, utterly different. Everything about her is so different, they don't look even remotely related.

ashoka_compare.gif

On the other hand, the Ashoka in the new Clone Wars looks exactly as Ashoka should look as an older person:

ashoka_new.jpeg

This "Ashoka" below looks nothing like the real thing, and to me she is as different from Ashoka as Chris Pine's Kirk in Star Trek 2009 is to William Shatner's TOS Kirk. Not AT ALL the same.

stupid ashoka.jpeg

If you have trouble seeing the differences, perhaps it's time for glasses?

say the character had zits in the clone wars, then-since adults usually outgrow acne, she did not have zits in rebels, would you have also been distraught?

Look at the picture I posted above. TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. Why can't you see that? But the new Ashola in TCW II is perfect. Perfectly aged version of the younger one from TCW I. Zits or no zits, these two characters are completely different altogether. Nothing about them is similar. Why are you trying to explain the obvious differences away? I noticed in the other thread, several agreed with me there as well. These Ashokas are not even close. Your insistence that they are just different aged versions of the same character is absurd.

from wikipedia on the character (yes, these are canonical facts i know how much canon un-nerves you, sorry, but the right to change any character in any show rests solely with the owners of that show) it is called ageing and growth not retcon

Appearance[edit]
Ahsoka's design evolved over three years before her introduction in the Clone Wars film.[21] Her appearance was inspired by San in Princess Mononoke.[21] Ahsoka initially appears in what Wired called a "tube-top-and-miniskirt costume". In the third season, Ahsoka and other characters received new costumes. Filoni said the changes were meant to bring the show's aesthetic closer to Revenge of the Sith and were made possible by improved animation techniques.[22]

Ahsoka's armor in Rebels is based on a "pseudo-samurai look" influenced by photographs of samurai women.[5][15] The armor is meant to appear as if she found it in an ancient Jedi temple, and her lightsabers' colorless blades indicate she is neither a Jedi nor evil.[5][15] Filoni said the white lightsabers appear much better than he anticipated.[18] Her facial markings were changed to show that she has aged.[17] It was "new ground" for the production team to shift Ahsoka's animation style to reflect her older age.[14]

Fail. I know what I see. I couldn't care less what the bullshit explanations they have come up with are. Reminds me a lot of the idiotic nonsense Alex Kurtzman is coming up with to explain the massive canon holes in Discovery. Whomever created the Ashoka for the new Clone Wars show got it perfectly right, and I will be watching it. I still have no interest in Rebels, because my favorite character has been replaced by fake-Ashoka, and therefore it is ruined for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
BTW, they also changed her into a completely different person in the SWTOR game:

ashoka.jpeg

You are going to argue that the person on the right is the same Ashoka as the one on the left, right? :smiley-laughing021: :icon_rotflmao:

These useless arguments about obvious things in Star Wars are one of the reasons I could never become a dedicated fan. You have to just become a total sheep and go wherever they take you, just because they said so. Sure, if Disney says that the Ashoka on the left in the picture is just a younger version of the "Ashoka" on the right, then that's that and all of us blind haters need to shut up and get with the program.

Just in! Disney announces older "slightly changed" version of Luke Skywaker. It's CANON because we say it is. Disney has declared that these two images are identical, and that the slightly changed Luke is just a little older and has a very slight tan. It's CANON, because Disney says it is, so shut the hell up. :) In case you are having trouble seeing that they are the same, that is you being delusional.

Both these men are the SAME Luke Skywalker. Identical except the one on the left is older. It said so in the Wikipedia!

Lukes.jpg

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hate to say it dude, but you really look foolish trying to explain away the changes to Ashoka from TCW I to Rebels. The character calling herself Ashoka in Rebels looks COMPLETELY different, and no not because of age. Totally, completely, utterly different. Everything about her is so different, they don't look even remotely related.

"foolish?"

you are the one pining for a animated character :)

they look completely the same given a change in age. did you look the same at 31 as you did at 15?

again, its not me, its canon. tell it to lucasarts

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ou are going to argue that the person on the right is the same Ashoka as the one on the left, right?

NO! Knights of he Old Republic is not and never has been, official SW's canon

its just a game dude.... so if a Ahsoka character is in it, doesn't matter. never played it, never watched any cut scenes. i am only interested in what is canon

Both these men are the SAME Luke Skywalker. Identical except the one on the left is older. It said so in the Wikipedia!

citation needed. and, you should NOT believe everything you read on wikipedia, it is well known for inaccuracies and out right falsehood on numerous topics

perhaps you got the image from a afro centrist SW's revisionist site? :)

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I still have no interest in Rebels, because my favorite character has been replaced by fake-Ashoka, and therefore it is ruined for me

it was the same animators (lucasfilm animation) and show runners (dave filioni and crew) for both CW's and REBELS

she is also voiced by the same actress:

WARNING extremely irritating video with super- geek fans, may trigger vomitting

Ahsoka (perhaps you were referring to some bolly wood flick that used a fake Ashoka the Great? ) is a minor character in both shows (though the new season of CW's seems to be the Ahsoka show per the trailer (which is just creepy if it is so. suggests that many male viewers are in to it for some sexual creepster thing and they have her in it so much to satisfy some fan 'urges'...ick :) ) one should not let how she looks distract from the story

do you get this distracted in watching all movies and shows? that is, if one character is not dressed or appears contrary to your preferences, then you just discount the entirety of the thing?

you seem to have a thing for appearances (face value stuff). Ahsoka, Lando and Han in SOLO, Luke in EP8...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
On the other hand, the Ashoka in the new Clone Wars looks exactly as Ashoka should look as an older person:

what ageing?

where are you getting your info at?

ALL clone wars seasons and eps take place between the events of attack of the clones and revenge of the sith

this covers a time period where Ahsoka only ages about 4yrs. the shows start has her at 15yrs old. the Clone wars took place from 22 BBY to 19 BBY

So in the new season of CW's, it is going back in time, so of course she will look far younger then she did in REBELS.When she appeared in REBELS it would have been about `15 yrs after CW's..so about 4 BBY (end of rebels s1)

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a825727/star-wars-timeline-chronology-phantom-menace-to-last-jedi/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
"foolish?"

you are the one pining for a animated character :)

they look completely the same given a change in age. did you look the same at 31 as you did at 15?

again, its not me, its canon. tell it to lucasarts

LMAO!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
NO! Knights of he Old Republic is not and never has been, official SW's canon

its just a game dude.... so if a Ahsoka character is in it, doesn't matter. never played it, never watched any cut scenes. i am only interested in what is canon

citation needed. and, you should believe everything you read on wikipedia, it is well known for inaccuracies and out right falsehood on numerous topics

perhaps you got the image from a afro centrist SW's revisionist site? :)

You missed my snarky sarcasm completely? I made that photo to make a point. No, there is no Wikipedia entry for it. I was making a point that if Disney tried to do something like that, and the fans just gulped it down, it exposes them as gullible, easily manipulated sheep. That character who has Ashoka's same name is in the game, and it is supposed to be her but it isn't. The "Spock" played by Zachary Quinto is not Spock. Only Leonard Nimoy's Spock is Spock, and the others are just cheap imitations. If I acted like you do with SW with regard to Star Trek, then Zachary Quinto's "Spock" is identical in every way and is the same Spock we all know and love. Just because Paramount/JJ Abrams say so.

You and GateFan76 had this same exact fanboy mentality with Star Wars. Its funny to me!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
it was the same animators (lucasfilm animation) and show runners (dave filioni and crew) for both CW's and REBELS

she is also voiced by the same actress:

WARNING extremely irritating video with super- geek fans, may trigger vomitting

Ahsoka (perhaps you were referring to some bolly wood flick that used a fake Ashoka the Great? ) is a minor character in both shows (though the new season of CW's seems to be the Ahsoka show per the trailer (which is just creepy if it is so. suggests that many male viewers are in to it for some sexual creepster thing and they have her in it so much to satisfy some fan 'urges'...ick :) ) one should not let how she looks distract from the story

do you get this distracted in watching all movies and shows? that is, if one character is not dressed or appears contrary to your preferences, then you just discount the entirety of the thing?

you seem to have a thing for appearances (face value stuff). Ahsoka, Lando and Han in SOLO, Luke in EP8...

Most definitely YES. Appearance is important, especially when telling a story. Ashoka has full lips and rounded features, not thin lips and a narrow angular face. I don't know what you are referring to in terms of me saying anything about Lando, Han or Luke's appearance. Only their behaviors.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The "Spock" played by Zachary Quinto is not Spock. Only Leonard Nimoy's Spock is Spock, and the others are just cheap imitations.

So its settled then..you only watch stuff for the actors in it, not the stories told

you love ST right? so then, if you will accept no one but Nimoy as Spock how do expect to get more Trek? He's dead after all

Quinto was Spock because he was cast in the role. Period.

(now here is where you try and paint me into the corner as if I am some kind of nutrek fan)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So its settled then..you only watch stuff for the actors in it, not the stories told

you love ST right? so then, if you will accept no one but Nimoy as Spock how do expect to get more Trek? He's dead after all

Quinto was Spock because he was cast in the role. Period.

(now here is where you try and paint me into the corner as if I am some kind of nutrek fan)

Trek is not about Spock, or Kirk or any of the characters. THAT is the problem. The showrunners think Star Trek is set up like Star Wars where the characters ARE the focus. Star Trek is a scifi universe, and many stories and crews and groups of actors have told several stories in the Trek universe already. Star Wars is not set up like that. It's fans are into the SW characters, not as much into the stories and not into science at all.

Your notion that if showrunners cast a person as a character make it that character comes from the perspective of the sheepish Star Wars fandom who are okay with just about any changes and any silly replacements. The Showrunners and casting directors are gods to them, and if they want to change things and retcon characters, that is just what the gods say and you must obey. Quinto is only "Spock", not Spock. And yeah, if you say that Quinto's Spock is Spock just because they cast him in the role, that DOES make you a NuTrek fan. It shows that you just accept what you are told and question nothing. Look at how the Star Trek fandom is reacting to dumb change for change's sake. We reject it completely. In Trek, the fandom is who has traditionally driven change, not the showrunners.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It's fans are into the SW characters, not as much into the stories and not into science at all.

then you are only listening to those "other" fans..the Skywalker fanboi fans

the potential for new and original stories in SW's is just as elastic and possible as are ones in ST (although ST tptbs kind of boxed themselves in with the ending of VOYAGER and all of the uber weapons starfleet is now in possession of)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Your notion that if showrunners cast a person as a character make it that character comes from the perspective of the sheepish Star Wars fandom who are okay with just about any changes and any silly replacements.

ok so you are saying you never, ever want to see any remake of any show or movie at all?

even if, say a current show is very successful and you like it (which narrows things down to what? one show :) ) and one of the actors die. you'd rather see the show end then have tptb's cast a new actor in their place?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
then you are only listening to those "other" fans..the Skywalker fanboi fans

the potential for new and original stories in SW's is just as elastic and possible as are ones in ST (although ST tptbs kind of boxed themselves in with the ending of VOYAGER and all of the uber weapons starfleet is now in possession of)

True, but those type of SW fans are in the majority. For ST, the fans of original Star Trek are in the majority, with a small minority being okay with Discovery and the reboot movies.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ok so you are saying you never, ever want to see any remake of any show or movie at all?

even if, say a current show is very successful and you like it (which narrows things down to what? one show :) ) and one of the actors die. you'd rather see the show end then have tptb's cast a new actor in their place?

No. I would rather see that character die and be replaced by a new character. They did it the way I like for The Orville. Alara is gone, and they did not recast the new actress as "Alara", they created Talla. For Voyager, they created Tuvok to be their "Spock". Nobody asked for a Star Trek reboot. Bad Robot wanted it so they could monetize it. If the actor playing a character in Star Trek dies, then write them off the show, not recast them.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
but those type of SW fans are in the majority

Majority does not always mean correct. Look at Man made climate change and the 'majority' on that

and with SW's or any project, a majority would only matter if there was a way for the fans to play an active part to offer input in real time, to he production

like in a BLACK MIRROR:BANDERSNATCH kind of way, only in production

like post a question " do you want to see C3PO and BB8 get melted in a Lava flow on Mustafar?"