The Boys

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I never heard of this show before Prime Video recommended it to me. Started watching it yesterday and am currently on episode 7. I'm finding it kinda alright. Karl Urban is in it by the way.

It's about superheroes which appear to be based a lot on DC heroes but different. They have powers, but are not depicted as heroes. They have various flaws and dark sides. It's definitely not what you're used to seeing in hero stuff shows. And it's for a mature audience, definitely not for anything less than a teenager.

Anyway, I'm enjoying it so far.

O, I forgot to mention the gore. There is gore. Not continuously, but enough. Not too much though, as far as I'm concerned.

O, and then there's the "what the fuck" moments.

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'm liking this show a lot. It's currently one of my favorite shows. Season two is "airing" right now. There have been 7 episodes so far so I suspect next Friday will be the last episode of this season. Season 1 had 8 episodes.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Rewatching The Boys now in anticipation of the new season coming early June. Still loving it!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Holy shit!

The Boys is back on prime video for season three, and it's more gory than ever! I love it.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Holy f*ck!

Dean Winchester is in The Boys!

Jensen Ackles that is of course.

Apparently he plays an asshole bad guy. Made his first appearance on third episode of season three.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
A room of bad guys brutally killed using a handful of dildos. Wonderful!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The one thing bugging me about this show is the character Karl Urban plays is written to be too much of a dick.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This show was a bit too much for me in terms of obscenity and gore. Just a taste thing.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's well made and well acted I give it that - just a bit too gory and obscene for me.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I was told to watch this show by a neighbor, and I ended up bingeing the entire three season run in a weekend! I absolutely LOOOOOVE this show! I can't wait until Season 4 comes out. The fights between the boys and the girls fight with Stormfront were epic!