Tesla/Space x

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Right now he will need some luck to avoid criminal charges and prison, as usually these types of SEC proceedings lead into DOJ indictments.

Right now he will need some luck to avoid criminal charges and prison, as usually these types of SEC proceedings lead into DOJ indictments.

At the very least some heavy fines will be levied against the company. It will be interesting to see if he can finagle his way out of being removed from his position as CEO. Regardless, Tesla is going to be hit with some serious fines and their market share will be negatively affected. This is pretty much a given.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We all make mistakes but I don't see how his tweet will be see him being banned from running the company. The SEC just wants money and someone from the SEC must be working with a short seller (i.e. broker) who wants him gone. The SEC are bunch of spineless hacks who don't do shit unless it interests them.

He is losing his way. :( He is still one of my heroes, but I am seeing signs of crumbling.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nah, he'll be fine. It's tough being a celebrity. I know I wouldn't want to be one. Everyone's watching you and wants to know your private life or what you are into. Infact, I hate the idea of being on TV all the time for my ugly face to be on screen and on TV.
Unfortunately, people love being curious so they write horse shit about it. The trouble is that he picked a fight with journalists who in order to stand out from the crowd, write provocative things about him. They don't give their names to avoid being sued.

His tweet had a measurable and immediate effect on his stock valuation. That is actionable in a court of law and is against SEC rules.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
haha do you really think those tweets really caused the share price to rise? It's all fake dude. The share price is run by big brokers like IG markets and other big ones from the US who run the world. He won't face a ban but SEC just says these things to scare people and to show to the public that they mean business. Tesla will pay a small fine and it will be business as usual.

Um, no it isn't fake:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidk...stice-and-sec-over-musks-tweets/#4adedbb01624

Tesla Being Probed By Justice And SEC Over Musk's Tweets

On top of this probe, which would imply a criminal inquiry, the Securities and Exchange Commission is looking into regulatory violations. There are strict rules about what officers of publicly traded companies can say publicly about such matters that could and do move the share price.

Musk has long been antagonistic toward short sellers, who bet on the stock going down.

If found guilty, Elon could face jail time and a GINORMOUS fine. Where are you getting the idea that this is fake? My quote is from Forbes....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am currently dealing with a similar body to the SEC and they take their sweet time to take action and in my case, no action was taken even though I lost over 250k

You had 250k to invest in stocks? I didn't know you were rich! I miss numbers like that. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Pfft...again hyperbole headline from a hyperbole forbes. Seriously dude. I am telling you that nothing will happen. I worked for these thugs and I know how they work and manipulate the market. In the court room, it's not the truth that matters but how much bullshit you can excrete out of your ass. In the business world, there is the truth and there is the truth. Companies continue to get away with fraud/deception and other shady practices that harm the general public. They'll only go after him if they don't like him.

Maybe so, but it isn't fake that he could potentially face a legal battle which could cost him millions.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
.... They'll only go after him if they don't like him.

Let's see...Ford, Chrysler, GM, Toyota and Honda don't like him because he has cornered the luxury electric car market.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I won it through the derivative market by going long, which is banned in the US because it caused the GFC in 2008. Someone betted against the housing market in 2008 and that caused a massive selloff. Unfortunately this broker has gone against my position to clean me out(same way Goldman sachs did with their clients). I am only glad that I am alive.

LIQUIDATE. Re-invest when you feel comfortable again. Buy Yuan....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No, I can't say what my next plan is but the business world is so cruel that it makes you question what the fuck you did to be on this planet. When you try to expose it they have every trick in their bag to deny this and it's very hard to prove given the lack of transparency and the idiots that do these investigations.

Why let your money be whittled away and hope it gets better? SELL. Then jump back in the pool when you feel safe. If you sell off, nobody can take anything and you stop the leak. I have a friend who does day trading, and he is rich. When stocks (or his broker) make him feel shaky, he sells off all his stocks in a given company or fires his broker with a phone call, and just gets a new one. He has been using a program now, and he told me he may stop using a broker altogether.

The fact that Musk made suck reckless tweets shows an immaturity level and inability to control himself. Do CEO's play games with the stock market? Absolutely. But most aren't stupid enough to be so blatant and amateurish about it. His tweet(s) fluctuated the market enough to garner him over $850 million. Yes, the money involved goes up and down but the bottom line is a quick profit was made based upon lies and hyperbole on Musk's part. (He met with some Saudis for a few minutes and had a vague, non-defined conversation with them about investment. He had absolutely nothing in writing and nothing locked down in actual investment terms. In short, he had nothing and was blowing smoke up the Market's ass.)

Keep in mind that the SEC went after Martha Stewart over $230,000. That is a pittance compared to the amount of money Musk made from his sensational and fraudulent tweet. Martha Stewart did prison time. Musk might be able to finagle his way out of some of the legal trouble because it involves Tweeting which is a whole new world for the lawyers to figure out. Still, I can't imagine there won't be fines levied against Musk. This was some serious market manipulation and the SEC can't ignore that.

So yeah, this makes Musk something of a dummy. His inability to manage his personal life also makes him stupid af. A guy of his stature should be able to handle women but instead he lets them walk all over him. When it comes to the female of the species Musk is not a player, he's a beta cuck. He's had Johnny Depp's leftovers for God's sake. And she is a ball-busting divorce-rapist that left Depp broken and beaten both mentally and financially. For Musk to hookup with Amber Heard is pathetic and says volumes about him being a weak person. His track record with women is lamentable and says a lot about his ability to make rational decisions.

He did get a nice hair transplant though, I'll give him that.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Anyway, the darkside of owning these OEM cars coming to a store near you. Yeah, I'll stick to petrol cars that I can go to a mechanic to repair.

Not only that, but BUY your car and forget the foolishness of leasing. I am going to keep my Benz and simply maintain it in tip top condition until...forever. It has no pesky computer which can control it's systems (only a diagnostic one), which means that the manufacturer cannot send commands to the car to fail, or to demand oil changes and brake jobs and such (yes, they are doing that). Nobody can hack it or secretly monitor it's location (every GM made car), and I actually own the thing. Leasing a car is basically a long term rental.

Everything is becoming a subscription-based racket. You are asked to "buy" things you really never get to own (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, leased vehicles, ALL real estate in the US, etc). All along the way, they will get maintenance money from you, repair costs, upgrade costs. Forget it.

Not only that, but BUY your car and forget the foolishness of leasing. I am going to keep my Benz and simply maintain it in tip top condition until...forever. It has no pesky computer which can control it's systems (only a diagnostic one), which means that the manufacturer cannot send commands to the car to fail, or to demand oil changes and brake jobs and such (yes, they are doing that). Nobody can hack it or secretly monitor it's location (every GM made car), and I actually own the thing. Leasing a car is basically a long term rental.

Everything is becoming a subscription-based racket. You are asked to "buy" things you really never get to own (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, leased vehicles, ALL real estate in the US, etc). All along the way, they will get maintenance money from you, repair costs, upgrade costs. Forget it.

Good on you for hanging onto your Mercedes. :beckett_new049:

Auto ownership is just one of many areas of the economy that is being exploited by corporations these days. They're making it harder and harder to work on your own car. And if you take it to a dealer shop for maintenance they squeeze you dry with up-charges on everything. Thank God I have a good mechanic just down the block from me who works out of his own house. He's way cheaper than the average mechanic shop and he does good work. He's even introduced me to a guy who does body work in this little shop in the back of an industrial area. His prices are very reasonable and he does great work and he's fast.

A friend of mine just had his bumper smashed by a dump truck that backed into him at a construction job site. The construction company told him to get a couple estimates, which he did that day. They came to approximately $2800 total from the auto dealerships he went to. The construction company quickly cut a check to my friend for that amount and I took him to the body work guy I know because I knew it would be much cheaper. That guy got my buddy's car looking brand new for $700, all in under 2 days. In comparison it's shocking what a ripoff most auto shops are. You definitely have to shop around and do your homework in this regard. A good "shade tree" mechanic that is local to you is worth his weight in gold.

*BTW, the construction company did not want to get insurance companies involved as that could affect their premiums and licensing hence the quick payment in cash, which was completely legal in case anyone is wondering.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Good on you for hanging onto your Mercedes. :beckett_new049:

Auto ownership is just one of many areas of the economy that is being exploited by corporations these days. They're making it harder and harder to work on your own car. And if you take it to a dealer shop for maintenance they squeeze you dry with up-charges on everything. Thank God I have a good mechanic just down the block from me who works out of his own house. He's way cheaper than the average mechanic shop and he does good work. He's even introduced me to a guy who does body work in this little shop in the back of an industrial area. His prices are very reasonable and he does great work and he's fast.

A friend of mine just had his bumper smashed by a dump truck that backed into him at a construction job site. The construction company told him to get a couple estimates, which he did that day. They came to approximately $2800 total from the auto dealerships he went to. The construction company quickly cut a check to my friend for that amount and I took him to the body work guy I know because I knew it would be much cheaper. That guy got my buddy's car looking brand new for $700, all in under 2 days. In comparison it's shocking what a ripoff most auto shops are. You definitely have to shop around and do your homework in this regard. A good "shade tree" mechanic that is local to you is worth his weight in gold.

*BTW, the construction company did not want to get insurance companies involved as that could affect their premiums and licensing hence the quick payment in cash, which was completely legal in case anyone is wondering.

Proof of this scamming is the recent John Deere rescinding of the farmer's Right To Repair their own equipment!

https://www.wired.com/story/john-deere-farmers-right-to-repair/

As anyone who repairs electronics knows, keeping a device in working order often means fixing both its hardware and software. But a big California farmers’ lobbying group just blithely signed away farmers’ right to access or modify the source code of any farm equipment software. As an organization representing 2.5 million California agriculture jobs, the California Farm Bureau gave up the right to purchase repair parts without going through a dealer. Farmers can’t change engine settings, can’t retrofit old equipment with new features, and can’t modify their tractors to meet new environmental standards on their own. Worse, the lobbyists are calling it a victory.

Good for you on your mechanic. I have one like that too, and he has been with me since my car went out of warranty in 1996 (its a 1991). He keeps my baby in tip top condition mechanically, and he is HONEST and trustworthy. He even lets me trade computer work, or pay later. I love the guy. Best of all, I own my car free and clear. No bloody "car note", no forced scheduled maintenance, no overpriced dealer parts.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nothing is going to happen

This is just selling news to get clicks and spread FUD. You tell me about worrying about AI, and climate change which are very real threats that even world economic forum says, this isn't FUD.
http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_Future_of_Jobs_2018.pdf

The difference is that the type of A.I. you keep talking about simply does not exist in reality yet, and the scenarios you have laid out are nowhere to be found in today's reality. Climate change IS happening. But you cannot find any real proof that Man is causing it and neither can anyone else anywhere. On the other hand, the SEC has already opened a real life investigation against real life Elon Musk, who has likely committed real life securities violations by his real life tweet saying he would take Tesla private. Cold hard proof against Tesla, nothing for sentient A.I. or manmade global climate change.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Real life consequences. Elon Musk is no longer Chairman of the Board at Tesla:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/29/elon-musk-tesla-out-as-chairman-remain-ceo-sec-settlement/

20 million dollar fine.

Elon Musk is getting a job title change ... because he'll no longer be a Tesla chairman after reaching a settlement with the SEC.

The Securities and Exchange Commission has settled with Musk after hitting him with a lawsuit this week for misleading investors after he tweeted in August ... "Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured."

According to the legal docs ... Musk will have to pay a civil penalty of $20 million as part of the settlement and give up his role as chairman of the board for at least three years. He has 45 days to relinquish his chairman title.

Tesla will also pay a $20 mil fine and appoint 2 new independent directors to the board. However, Musk will remain CEO of Tesla.

So much for "nothing will happen". ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
He pays 20 mil and so does Tesla. Then there is there stock dropping 14 percent when this broke, so also say goodbye to billions in market value.