Terminator: Dark Fate BOMBS at the Box Office with a $28 Million Opening

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, who knew? Terminator Dark Fate opens to a paltry $28 million opening day, which by movie standards is a bomb. According to Variety.com, projections were supposed to be in the $40 million range. The movie cost 185 million to make.

Excerpts:

Pre-release forecasts for the sixth installment in the sci-fi series had been in the $40 million range. The third weekend of Disney’s “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” and the fifth frame of “Joker” are battling for second place in the $11 million to $12 million range, with “Joker” appearing to lead. The comic-book pic will wind up the weekend with about $297 million in domestic grosses.

“Terminator: Dark Fate” carries a hefty $185 million price tag. The production companies are Paramount Pictures, Cameron’s Lightstorm, Ellison’s Skydance Media, 20th Century Fox and China’s Tencent Pictures.

This video from Midnight's Edge is an excellent retrospective on the Terminator franchise. I encourage you all to subscribe to their channel!

No Fate to Dark Fate: The Ultimate Terminator Retrospective

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So the numbers are in, and Terminator: Dark Fate is set to a loss of $120 MILLION+. If you have not seen the movie, then you should see it to understand why this has happened. This movie destroys the past to create an unlikely and uncool future without John Connor at the center of the saga.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
wait until you can get it free from your library! :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
wait until you can get it free from your library! :P

I watched it on Kodi. The movie deserved every bit of criticism it is getting. The effects are great, but you can't carry a movie on effects alone. This is a lesson Cameron must understand before he continues his Avatar series. I have a feeling that they are not going to do that well.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why should I waste my hard earned money to watch such drivel? This franchise was good for the first two and that's it.

True. Don't bother. This movie is what happens when the story is already over, but somebody buys the rights and needs to restart the fire and fails. If you remove John Connor, Skynet and Arnold Schwarzenegger you no longer have Terminator. They did all of those things.