Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well if the spoilers are true it sounds dumb as a rock. Gary read them on Nerdrotic and to be honest up to the point where Kylo Ren discovers the mysterious force user he is seeking is Darth Sidious who is alive and not a clone it sounded not that bad. But right then it became high end stupid.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Well, I can see we are both fans of Doomcock and the Fandom menace. :) Do you watch Jeremy over at Geeks and Gamers? He and Nerdrotic are two of my favorites. Midnight's Edge seems to take more time to do research though. Great picks from Doomcock!

I just follow Doomcock, but other members of the Fandom Menace sometimes joins Doomcock.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just got around to watching The Rise of Skywalker and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't bad. It was actually a lot more like the original trilogy and prequels and I found it brought a fairly satisfying conclusion to the whole thing. Now I kinda feel like watching all the movies again.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I just got around to watching The Rise of Skywalker and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't bad. It was actually a lot more like the original trilogy and prequels and I found it brought a fairly satisfying conclusion to the whole thing. Now I kinda feel like watching all the movies again.

I heard they are STILL doing re-shoots for episode IX...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I will stick to what I said in another thread.

Rise of Skywalker is an objectively bad movie but I was pleasantly surprised by and respected the effort JJ Abrams made to fix the devastation wrought by The Last Jedi. He made Rey into more of a human being and also Kylo Ren and the woke SJWism was dialed way back. On the bad side, the Force powers have become ridiculous and bringing back Palpatine was dumb - it breaks continuity all over the place and makes the entire victory of the Original Trilogy pointless. Plus the pacing is erratic and the plot is incoherent. But compared to The Last Jedi it is Citizen Kane.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The Disney trilogy, aka The Palpatine Trilogy is ass.

WeWinBitches.jpg

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hi OM!

I admit to being a bit more nuanced on the latest trilogy and accompanying films.

I liked The Force Awakens overall despite its derivativeness and indeed it went over well with a lot of the SW fan base.

I absolutely detested The Last Jedi - it is in Star Trek Into Darkness class of awful and messed everything up badly.

Rise of Skywalker I would call a bad film but at least it tried to do the right thing - it just executed it the wrong way.

Rogue One was probably the best written story but the characters were flat and unmemorable.

Solo was just trash.

Mandalorian was not bad! If they keep this track up and let people like Jon Favreau drive the cart things can improve.