Star Trek 4 movie: CANCELLED!

DrWho42

GateFans Member
i love fargo but i'd rather see another season than hawley's star trek.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm not saying that I am really wanting Tarantino's Trek but anything is better to try than more JJ Trek.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm not saying that I am really wanting Tarantino's Trek but anything is better to try than more JJ Trek.

...or Kurtzman Trek or SJW Trek. I am not sure anyone can revive Star Trek for me. It's dead, Jim.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i love fargo but i'd rather see another season than hawley's star trek.

Hawley's Trek? What's that? It's still JJ Trek from Bad Robot, which means it is going to suck. Hawley will be doing it for JJ's company, which means JJ (I don't understand Star Trek) Abrams will be signing off on it.

bad_reboot.jpg

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
...or Kurtzman Trek or SJW Trek. I am not sure anyone can revive Star Trek for me. It's dead, Jim.
i think that before we throw our handful of dirt on the coffin we may want to wait and see what PICARD brings along first

who knows, it may pull a Mandalorian?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i think that before we throw our handful of dirt on the coffin we may want to wait and see what PICARD brings along first

who knows, it may pull a Mandalorian?

It might, yes. :). But the Mandalorian succeeded where JJ and Rian Johnson failed because of Jon Favreau. He was non-Bad Reboot, non-KK picked, and has way WAY more directing and writing chops than JJ or Rian have. Picard is still coming from Kurtzman's camp, which is a definite negative.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
As much as I'd love to see more new Star Trek movies, I find it highly doubtful that there are four movies in production. Seems like the Section 31 movie is most certain to release, although it could still get canned, stranger things have happened. The 4th nutrek movie, doubtful after all this time, and do we really need one, I don't think so. If it gets made, I'll watch it of course. Would love to see a new movie with Picard, but I'm also doubtful as to whether this would happen. It's not like Paramount is doing very well financially, and the main shareholder is trying to sell. That other movie mentioned in this video, some sort of prequel blah blah, I really don't think so. I'm thinking if we're lucky, we get Section 31 and Picard.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Lest we forget Secret Hideout is notorious for announcing all kinds of things and most of them never happen.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Lest we forget Secret Hideout is notorious for announcing all kinds of things and most of them never happen.
THIS. The money is just not there. The company has a For Sale sign on it, and it has been in "organ donation mode" for the past year. That is, they are selling off carefully packaged bits and pieces of the company that can be turned into liquid cash without eliminating departments or fully restructuring. They will not last much longer in their current form (Paramount)

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
THIS. The money is just not there. The company has a For Sale sign on it, and it has been in "organ donation mode" for the past year. That is, they are selling off carefully packaged bits and pieces of the company that can be turned into liquid cash without eliminating departments or fully restructuring. They will not last much longer in their current form (Paramount)
If the money is not there then where do they get the money to make turd like this?

Shadow Mann

Staff member
If the money is not there then where do they get the money to make turd like this?
Amazon, for now. Section 31 was done under Discovery's budget using their sets. All these alleged projects coming after that are by no means guaranteed to air or even be completed. Industry insiders are saying that Paramount in it's current form will no longer exist by the end of this fiscal year.