Sr VS Jr

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
so i guess some of you have been watching.. anyone know when the new season will be airing?

oh and im On Jr's side just bc i love Vinnie :D and ive allways dissliked Senior..

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
My mum is a huge fan, I only ever caught up with it on the odd occasion. I do thing Jr is a better designer, but Sr seems to be the better businessman. Haven't seen any of the VS stuff yet.

SparklyPinkUnicorn

GateFans Member
I loved the show when it first started because they actually showed more of the bike building being done. Now it's just a stupid reality soap with scripted, manufactured drama. Such a shame as I'd love a good, realistic cycle building show. And yes, Vinnie is cool. He knows what he's doing and never really got the recognition that he deserved.

OMNI

I loved the show when it first started because they actually showed more of the bike building being done. Now it's just a stupid reality soap with scripted, manufactured drama. Such a shame as I'd love a good, realistic cycle building show. And yes, Vinnie is cool. He knows what he's doing and never really got the recognition that he deserved.

agreed it was more intresting when they focused more on the bikes themselfs but OCC has never been soley about the bikes what made they show intresting was the characters.

and it isnt scripted sr and jr just have more creative controll and final say in what airs and what doesnt.

and yep vinnie is da man, imo he should have been made PARTNER along time ago long before he ever quit OCC.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
agreed it was more intresting when they focused more on the bikes themselfs but OCC has never been soley about the bikes what made they show intresting was the characters.

and it isnt scripted sr and jr just have more creative controll and final say in what airs and what doesnt.

and yep vinnie is da man, imo he should have been made PARTNER along time ago long before he ever quit OCC.

Reality shows are definitely "scripted" in that they are outlined and have scenes actually written by producers. They even re-shoot scenes to get them just right. I don't have a link handy but I saw a show a couple years ago that showed how reality shows are produced and this was exactly how they did it.

Every reality show has an outline and direction as to where the producers want it to go. They literally manufacture (create) the scenes replete with drama. They don't hand out scripts but they definitely coach the participants on what they want done in each particular scene. All reality shows are like this so I doubt AC would be any different (even crap like "The Real World" on MTV). There simply is no way that life plays out perfectly every single time they're filming in order for them to come up with episodes with a beginning, a middle and an end. Yes they edit lots of footage to make each episode but if they didn't control the actions/dialogue of the participants they would have nothing but tons of boring footage. These shows are "scripted" sure as the sun shines in summer.

One thing that really bugs me about AC are the phony "deadlines" they're always under to complete the [INSERT CORPORATE LOGO HERE] bike. Once yes, twice no because that's bad business, but every single time they build a bike??? The "deadlines" are yet another producer contrivance used to try and invoke a sense of panic. That's just lame.

(Incidentally I turned the TV off when AC did an 'I Robot' bike that turned out to be nothing but an hour long commercial for the movie. I can put up with a lot but when they cynically try to advertise a movie by using a motorcycle show as a gimmick that's when they lose me.)

OMNI

Reality shows are definitely "scripted" in that they are outlined and have scenes actually written by producers. They even re-shoot scenes to get them just right. I don't have a link handy but I saw a show a couple years ago that showed how reality shows are produced and this was exactly how they did it.

Every reality show has an outline and direction as to where the producers want it to go. They literally manufacture (create) the scenes replete with drama. They don't hand out scripts but they definitely coach the participants on what they want done in each particular scene. All reality shows are like this so I doubt AC would be any different (even crap like "The Real World" on MTV). There simply is no way that life plays out perfectly every single time they're filming in order for them to come up with episodes with a beginning, a middle and an end. Yes they edit lots of footage to make each episode but if they didn't control the actions/dialogue of the participants they would have nothing but tons of boring footage. These shows are "scripted" sure as the sun shines in summer.

One thing that really bugs me about AC are the phony "deadlines" they're always under to complete the [INSERT CORPORATE LOGO HERE] bike. Once yes, twice no because that's bad business, but every single time they build a bike??? The "deadlines" are yet another producer contrivance used to try and invoke a sense of panic. That's just lame.

(Incidentally I turned the TV off when AC did an 'I Robot' bike that turned out to be nothing but an hour long commercial for the movie. I can put up with a lot but when they cynically try to advertise a movie by using a motorcycle show as a gimmick that's when they lose me.)
your life must be so boring seeing you dont seem to enjoy anything.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I enjoy you!

your life must be so boring seeing you dont seem to enjoy anything.

I actually did enjoy "American Chopper" when it first started. Sure there was yelling and arguing but they seemed way more genuine about building the bikes. It wasn't so commercial and contrived then, that all came with success. Now it's a show about grown men going to therapy. :roll: In this instance I have good reason to no longer like the show.

You're in a contentious mood this week. Where is our fun, happy OMNI??? We demand his return! BRING HIM BACK!!! :D

OMNI

you annoy me (at times) :P

I actually did enjoy "American Chopper" when it first started. Sure there was yelling and arguing but they seemed way more genuine about building the bikes. It wasn't so commercial and contrived then, that all came with success. Now it's a show about grown men going to therapy. :roll: In this instance I have good reason to no longer like the show.

You're in a contentious mood this week. Where is our fun, happy OMNI??? We demand his return! BRING HIM BACK!!! :D

i also enjoyed it more in the begining and i agree the more time passed the more comercialized its become ad i really dont get the OVER expansion they been up to like this last thing with the big corporate building and all and i dont like Sr's way of doing things ie make as much money you possibly can while at the same time cheapening the look of your product.

and i like sr vs jr as i want to see what happens and i want jr to chrush OCC and his father bc he's just a angry recovering addict douche imo and it still better then jersey shore :P

and am i? im just ess patient but im still the same old bastard ive allways been.. :P
anyway maybe i should have some "cake" and ligthen up..

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
When in doubt "cake" is always a good idea

i also enjoyed it more in the begining and i agree the more time passed the more comercialized its become ad i really dont get the OVER expansion they been up to like this last thing with the big corporate building and all and i dont like Sr's way of doing things ie make as much money you possibly can while at the same time cheapening the look of your product.

and i like sr vs jr as i want to see what happens and i want jr to chrush OCC and his father bc he's just a angry recovering addict douche imo and it still better then jersey shore :P

and am i? im just ess patient but im still the same old bastard ive allways been.. :P
anyway maybe i should have some "cake" and ligthen up..

I guess my problem with AC is that when it first started I was really into motorcycles -- had just gotten my cycle license and was groovin' on cycles cycles cycles. All I thought about was the Honda V-4 engine in the Magna and the VFR Interceptor (same freakin' engine! woo hoo!!!) and how I wanted one so bad and what I was gonna do when I got one and how I was gonna mod the Magna tank to make it bigger, blah blah blah. The chopper craze hit right after that so I was stoked to see AC come on the air and I watched every episode.

Then success came to the Teutals...

And here we are now, at each other's cyber throats. :( And to think I was going to use your place as a safe house for when my Dutch hideout became compromised due to someone else's incompetence. :( :(

No matter OMNI, we're cool even when we're not. ;) In a way I like it when you tell it like you see it. Don't ever change. I'd much rather have you call me out on my crap than have you bite your cyber tongue and keep things repressed. I can respect that and that's why I like you.

Okay, that's as "emo" as I want this post to get. :icon_lol:

OMNI

Mmm cake!... Homerdrool**

I guess my problem with AC is that when it first started I was really into motorcycles -- had just gotten my cycle license and was groovin' on cycles cycles cycles. All I thought about was the Honda V-4 engine in the Magna and the VFR Interceptor (same freakin' engine! woo hoo!!!) and how I wanted one so bad and what I was gonna do when I got one and how I was gonna mod the Magna tank to make it bigger, blah blah blah. The chopper craze hit right after that so I was stoked to see AC come on the air and I watched every episode.

Then success came to the Teutals...

And here we are now, at each other's cyber throats. :( And to think I was going to use your place as a safe house for when my Dutch hideout became compromised due to someone else's incompetence. :( :(

No matter OMNI, we're cool even when we're not. ;) In a way I like it when you tell it like you see it. Don't ever change. I'd much rather have you call me out on my crap than have you bite your cyber tongue and keep things repressed. I can respect that and that's why I like you.

Okay, that's as "emo" as I want this post to get. :icon_lol:
agreed on the chopper craze it was everywhere there for a while and even i got all crazy about it.

and i dont think we are at eachothers throats.. trust me youd be able to feel my katana on your neck if we were :)
and you are still welcome to hide out here :) i might slap you around alittle but i expect to slapped around in return so it all evens out ;)

and yep we are ;) and i try to tell it like i see it most of the time im just incohearently rambling and i can be way off other times i may have a point. but i cant promise not to change man ive changed alot in the last 5 or so years so i may change even more in another 5 but i will probably still tell it like i see it ;)

and i like you to ;) (HOMO) :P LMAO!!

and yes lets stop this emo crap and get back to bidness shall we? :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Katana!

agreed on the chopper craze it was everywhere there for a while and even i got all crazy about it.

and i dont think we are at eachothers throats.. trust me youd be able to feel my katana on your neck if we were :)
and you are still welcome to hide out here :) i might slap you around alittle but i expect to slapped around in return so it all evens out ;)

and yep we are ;) and i try to tell it like i see it most of the time im just incohearently rambling and i can be way off other times i may have a point. but i cant promise not to change man ive changed alot in the last 5 or so years so i may change even more in another 5 but i will probably still tell it like i see it ;)

and i like you to ;) (HOMO) :P LMAO!!

and yes lets stop this emo crap and get back to bidness shall we? :P

You know the Katana is both a motorcycle and a sword, right? (at least here in America) They're pretty good cycles too.

I'm not a sword "freak" like some people are but after seeing Deadpool in "Wolverine" I have to say I'm loving the katana sword. I have no idea what I'd do with one should I ever get one, but they're cool nonetheless.

We did some sword stuff in a Filipino MA class I took last year but it was the HUGE sword thing which was totally lame. Not practical at all. I'm considering taking a Kenpo class but I don't think that's exactly the short blade katana thing either. At any rate, katanas are bad ass. I know you can't stop bullets with them ala Deadpool but still, they're cool as all get out! :D

OMNI

You know the Katana is both a motorcycle and a sword, right? (at least here in America) They're pretty good cycles too.

I'm not a sword "freak" like some people are but after seeing Deadpool in "Wolverine" I have to say I'm loving the katana sword. I have no idea what I'd do with one should I ever get one, but they're cool nonetheless.

We did some sword stuff in a Filipino MA class I took last year but it was the HUGE sword thing which was totally lame. Not practical at all. I'm considering taking a Kenpo class but I don't think that's exactly the short blade katana thing either. At any rate, katanas are bad ass. I know you can't stop bullets with them ala Deadpool but still, they're cool as all get out! :D

lol yes i do hence i went for the word "katana" instead ofsword or knife ;) just a lil pun to see if anyone would catch on and you did :P
and personally ive had a thing for the katana since i saw highlander as a kid :P

and ive held one awesome katana on a fair somewhere it was incredibly lightweight and just as strong not to mention sharp..
and i agree the two handed sword thing is LAME and pretty much useless for everything except intimidation ie "mine's bigger then yours ROOOOAAAR!!" :P