Spent the Afternoon with OM1...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I was smart and of course, brought my camera with me, enabling me to get a shot of his beetled brow...

And so, for all of you wanting to know what he looks like...here he is!!

4-26-2011%20nikon%20french%20quarter%20with%20om1%20123%20om1s%20beetled%20brow-M.png

Lilith

GateFans Noob
So he is like Charlie of Charlie's Angel's or the unknow voice on the tapes that self destruct from the old Mission Impossible series.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
So he is like Charlie of Charlie's Angel's or the unknow voice on the tapes that self destruct from the old Mission Impossible series.
You betcha!

We had a great time, managed to lose track of time, and finally went our separate ways about four hours later. LOL

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ah, but you dont get it...

They are TALKING glasses! So that makes em special. :) No, those are my glasses on top of Illiterati's car. We had a great time, had a healthy lunch and talked about a lot of cool stuff. Illiterati is quite the photographer, she is AWESOME! She can describe me to you here if she wants. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sounds like fun!

You betcha!

We had a great time, managed to lose track of time, and finally went our separate ways about four hours later. LOL

Did OM1 turn you onto his "migraine medication"? :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I hope it relieves the migraines like it did for me. Its been more than two years since I had a migraine...after suffering from them since age 18.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Something to ponder

You know what I think would be cool would be a "GateFans Get Together". We should think about a having a small "convention" somewhere. Since this site incorporates various genres and shows/movies with an emphasis on sci-fi we could probably find an actor or two willing to give a talk even. We could do the dinner thing, go out and see the sites, drink ourselves silly, etc.

Can you imagine all of us hanging out together? It would be a blast! So, I'm just planting the seed here and hoping it will grow. :)

Input is more than welcome.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You know what I think would be cool would be a "GateFans Get Together". We should think about a having a small "convention" somewhere. Since this site incorporates various genres and shows/movies with an emphasis on sci-fi we could probably find an actor or two willing to give a talk even. We could do the dinner thing, go out and see the sites, drink ourselves silly, etc.

Can you imagine all of us hanging out together? It would be a blast! So, I'm just planting the seed here and hoping it will grow. :)

Beach Party!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

Sadly, it can be VERY difficult to get an actor to do something like that, unless you're willing to pony up cash on the barrelhead. They get paid for those appearances they give at Cons, unless they're contractually obligated to attend to support a show currently in production. It can run into the several thousands of dollars. And that doesn't even include having to pay for First Class (I'm not kidding) airfare, lodging and board and a professional driver with vehicle to shuttle them hither and yon.

I speak from exhaustive experience.

Meh.

But yes, a larger get together of some sort might be fun at some time.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That would be a BLAST!

Sadly, it can be VERY difficult to get an actor to do something like that, unless you're willing to pony up cash on the barrelhead. They get paid for those appearances they give at Cons, unless they're contractually obligated to attend to support a show currently in production. It can run into the several thousands of dollars. And that doesn't even include having to pay for First Class (I'm not kidding) airfare, lodging and board and a professional driver with vehicle to shuttle them hither and yon.

I speak from exhaustive experience.

Meh.

But yes, a larger get together of some sort might be fun at some time.

O would love to meet other members from here :) When is the next Con here in LA? How many members here are local to us? We could have a get together very easily.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
O would love to meet other members from here :) When is the next Con here in LA? How many members here are local to us? We could have a get together very easily.

I've been looking for an excuse to get to LA these days.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
here's my fave pics of OM1.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v5eDYXNh2XE

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I was smart and of course, brought my camera with me, enabling me to get a shot of his beetled brow...

And so, for all of you wanting to know what he looks like...here he is!!

4-26-2011%20nikon%20french%20quarter%20with%20om1%20123%20om1s%20beetled%20brow-M.png

He's a man of a million faces, when I "met" OM, he looked like this:
belkin-skype-phone.jpg
:D