SILO on APPLE TV

Shadow Mann

Staff member
the issue is, there are NO opinions left here
Says you? That is YOUR OPINION. Why is this so hard for you to understand? This is counter-productive. Why spend even one second complaining about somebody else's responses/opinions? You can just present your own. Or don't. I don't understand why you post things like this. You are free do do it, but it's not conversation, it's confrontation.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Back to Silo, it is pretty good. Rebecca Ferguson is good in it (like she always is; she is in a club with Emma Stone of modern actresses/actors who never mail it in).

Back to the other topic, can't we just state opinions and reasons for them?

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Back to Silo, it is pretty good. Rebecca Ferguson is good in it (like she always is; she is in a club with Emma Stone of modern actresses/actors who never mail it in).

Back to the other topic, can't we just state opinions and reasons for them?
Im gonna try to watch this but I don't have AppleTV. People are telling me it's great! Kind of dark though.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Im gonna try to watch this but I don't have AppleTV. People are telling me it's great! Kind of dark though.
I hope you enjoy. Silo is not bad. It's not like "the shizzle" in my opinion either, but I enjoyed watching it and I want to see more. What I really was blown away by though is Foundation. Have you seen that?

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I hope you enjoy. Silo is not bad. It's not like "the shizzle" in my opinion either, but I enjoyed watching it and I want to see more. What I really was blown away by though is Foundation. Have you seen that?
I have not seen that either, but I hear it was awesome. I am very fond of the books

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I have not seen that either, but I hear it was awesome. I am very fond of the books
Well, if you've read the books, you might be disappointed, going on opinions from others who have read the books. For me, who has not read the books, my mind was blown. Just read yesterday that this has been officially renewed for a third season now. (as if there could be any other outcome) The story in that show is fantastic. The acting is sublime. I haven't been that impressed with the production quality of a show ever before. Especially the actor who plays Day is amazing. But then again, if you read the books.... I would advise you to try to clear your mind before watching it, and not set expectations for yourself but just let it come to you. You should enjoy it.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Well, if you've read the books, you might be disappointed, going on opinions from others who have read the books. For me, who has not read the books, my mind was blown. Just read yesterday that this has been officially renewed for a third season now. (as if there could be any other outcome) The story in that show is fantastic. The acting is sublime. I haven't been that impressed with the production quality of a show ever before. Especially the actor who plays Day is amazing. But then again, if you read the books.... I would advise you to try to clear your mind before watching it, and not set expectations for yourself but just let it come to you. You should enjoy it.
Hmmm. If they deviate too much from the books, then I do not want to watch it. The Foundation series is a beloved saga. I was afraid when they did Arthur C Clarke's 'Childhood's End' miniseries because I loved the book so much. I waited until it was done and I had read reviews before ever watching it because I did not want to ruin my memories. But, they did it exactly right. They visualized it according to the book and it was awesome. Like S1-3 of The Expanse too, which almost exactly followed the novels until S4 and later.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Hmmm. If they deviate too much from the books, then I do not want to watch it. The Foundation series is a beloved saga. I was afraid when they did Arthur C Clarke's 'Childhood's End' miniseries because I loved the book so much. I waited until it was done and I had read reviews before ever watching it because I did not want to ruin my memories. But, they did it exactly right. They visualized it according to the book and it was awesome. Like S1-3 of The Expanse too, which almost exactly followed the novels until S4 and later.
Well, I can't attest to it, as I haven't read the books, and I likely never will, but man o man, what a show this is. I would still advise you to watch it, as it is just that good. Even if you may be disappointed about some things, you couldn't possibly be disappointed about everything, and you'll surely enjoy some aspects of it. Even if you'd just watch it from the perspective of "how to make a good TV show" instead of being enveloped in the story, it should be more than sufficient for entertainment. But perhaps someone else who has read the books and watched the show would like to way in on this. Perhaps @YJ02?

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Well, I can't attest to it, as I haven't read the books, and I likely never will, but man o man, what a show this is. I would still advise you to watch it, as it is just that good. Even if you may be disappointed about some things, you couldn't possibly be disappointed about everything, and you'll surely enjoy some aspects of it. Even if you'd just watch it from the perspective of "how to make a good TV show" instead of being enveloped in the story, it should be more than sufficient for entertainment. But perhaps someone else who has read the books and watched the show would like to way in on this. Perhaps @YJ02?
Maybe, I don't know if he has read the books.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Maybe, I don't know if he has read the books.
Well, it sounded like it based on my memory of previous comments. Although I must admit that my memory is not my best feature. In any case, it would have been either @YJ02 or @Joelist, I'm pretty sure, considering no one else has been around much. :D Perhaps a good idea to read that thread on Foundation?

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Well, it sounded like it based on my memory of previous comments. Although I must admit that my memory is not my best feature. In any case, it would have been either @YJ02 or @Joelist, I'm pretty sure, considering no one else has been around much. :D Perhaps a good idea to read that thread on Foundation?
I will do that! I have committed to stopping by here at least once a day.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Just started reading those comment ts and this one from @Joelist told me everything I needed to know. I won't be watching!

1702078883210.png

1702078917151.png

These things are important to me as a fan of these books. Im not watching!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Just started reading those comment ts and this one from @Joelist told me everything I needed to know. I won't be watching!

View attachment 35818

View attachment 35819

These things are important to me as a fan of these books. Im not watching!
Well, as much as I respect anyone's opinion, I find it interesting to see how different they can be. Having not read the books, I don't give two shits about characters having been race and/or gender-swapped. I don't like it when that happens, but as I have no prior knowledge, this issue doesn't exist here for me. All of the other comments made about why the show was not liked that I have seen so far are equally meaningless to me as they are all based on comparison with books. I am telling you, this show as it is is possibly the best TV show production I have ever seen. I like the Star Trek shows, I like the Stargate shows, but with those I never had any feeling of WOW. Nor have I ever had any feeling of WOW with any other shows I've ever seen for that matter. With this show, I did get WOW, and then some.

I thought you were on the mind-opening tour with the meditation and even being willing to give SGU another try, but here you categorically stated you are not willing to watch this show based solely on the comments of one individual. I mean, it's up to you of course. To me, that seems like a loss for you. At least give it two or three episodes yourself and then tell me you won't watch any more of it.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Well, as much as I respect anyone's opinion, I find it interesting to see how different they can be. Having not read the books, I don't give two shits about characters having been race and/or gender-swapped. I don't like it when that happens, but as I have no prior knowledge, this issue doesn't exist here for me. All of the other comments made about why the show was not liked that I have seen so far are equally meaningless to me as they are all based on comparison with books. I am telling you, this show as it is is possibly the best TV show production I have ever seen. I like the Star Trek shows, I like the Stargate shows, but with those I never had any feeling of WOW. Nor have I ever had any feeling of WOW with any other shows I've ever seen for that matter. With this show, I did get WOW, and then some.

I thought you were on the mind-opening tour with the meditation and even being willing to give SGU another try, but here you categorically stated you are not willing to watch this show based solely on the comments of one individual. I mean, it's up to you of course. To me, that seems like a loss for you. At least give it two or three episodes yourself and then tell me you won't watch any more of it.
Some things I am willing to entertain "modern takes". Others not so much. I could never like a transgender Mona Lisa with a mustache. But I could maybe visually appreciate a new design for a Porsche. It depends on what it is. In this case, the Foundation series is a set of books with characters that are developed over that series and a timeline. If they have changed the characters and the timeline, then it is not the same story. It just has the name of the story. That's how I see it. I can skip this only because I have too much respect for the original. Fan = fanatic, no? :anim_59:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Some things I am willing to entertain "modern takes". Others not so much. I could never like a transgender Mona Lisa with a mustache. But I could maybe visually appreciate a new design for a Porsche. It depends on what it is. In this case, the Foundation series is a set of books with characters that are developed over that series and a timeline. If they have changed the characters and the timeline, then it is not the same story. It just has the name of the story. That's how I see it. I can skip this only because I have too much respect for the original. Fan = fanatic, no? :anim_59:
Okay, but at least I tried. I think @YJ02 read the books and was still able to appreciate the show.