Share with the Latest movie you have seen....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here we are, discussing childrens movies and the power of the intro of "up" and you post WHAT NOW??!!!???

You have reclaimed your status as Grinch :D

But this is just so funny...its so not real that you just laugh at the humor. :) Not deep at all. :anim_59: :pride:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Good hello! I am have been seen Star Trek: Into the Shitter. The not liking this movie. JJ Abraham is being turning this franchise into Michael Bay-esque excrement from male cow. He has throwing real and established fake science out door where lock air to suit scene. I am will not spoiling this to discussing my disappointment until all you having seen it. Sufficient is to say Star Trek is be like to watch Transformers now.

Thank you.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
BAH no true troll would use the term "Michael Bay-esque" and spell the word Excrement correctly.

Troll FAIL!! :eusa_snooty::eusa_snooty::eusa_snooty::eusa_snooty:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Good hello! I am have been seen Star Trek: Into the Shitter. The not liking this movie. JJ Abraham is being turning this franchise into Michael Bay-esque excrement from male cow. He has throwing real and established fake science out door where lock air to suit scene. I am will not spoiling this to discussing my disappointment until all you having seen it. Sufficient is to say Star Trek is be like to watch Transformers now.

Thank you.

I was afraid of this, but I got a whiff of it in the first movie. He got a pass because it was a reboot, but the second one plots a course, and I knew something was up when he and his minions approved the hideous new Enterprise GT. And the sounds being made by the shuttles and such, all screamed of Jetsons meets Transformers. Strangely enough, I think Abrams will do a GREAT job on Star Wars. That crowd was never demanding and never needed science. Just good old fashioned fantasy and simple heroes. Trek is beyond Abrams' capabilities.

Bluce Ree

I was afraid of this, but I got a whiff of it in the first movie. He got a pass because it was a reboot, but the second one plots a course, and I knew something was up when he and his minions approved the hideous new Enterprise GT. And the sounds being made by the shuttles and such, all screamed of Jetsons meets Transformers. Strangely enough, I think Abrams will do a GREAT job on Star Wars. That crowd was never demanding and never needed science. Just good old fashioned fantasy and simple heroes. Trek is beyond Abrams' capabilities.

Star Wars is more of an old western style story where the focus is more on the myth and action whereas Star Trek is more about humanity's struggle to achieve a better future and our technological, academic and philosophical advances whilst still dealing with the unknown as we expand throughout the cosmos.

Abrams turned it into "The Transformers". This movie will be a major disappointment to any hardcore fan looking for a good sci-fi action thriller. There is so bullshit in this movie I would love to vent about right now but I can't until everyone who's going to see is has seen it to avoid spoiling it.

Throughout the whole movie, I was expecting Optimus Prime to chime in with some pointless dialogue.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Star Wars is more of an old western style story where the focus is more on the myth and action whereas Star Trek is more about humanity's struggle to achieve a better future and our technological, academic and philosophical advances whilst still dealing with the unknown as we expand throughout the cosmos.

Abrams turned it into Transformers. This movie will be a major disappointment to any hardcore fan looking for a good sci-fi action thriller. There is so bullshit in this movie I would love to vent about right now but I can't until everyone who's going to see is has seen it to avoid spoiling it.

Throughout the whole movie, I was expecting Optimus Prime to chime in with some pointless dialogue.

That will be Star Trek IV (Abrams). He has to do his crossover where the Enterprise stops at Tattoine to help free all the slaves. :facepalm: If I ever see the Millenium Falcon (GT, of course) in the shuttlebay of the Enterprise, I will have a coronary.

Bluce Ree

That will be Star Trek IV (Abrams). He has to do his crossover where the Enterprise stops at Tattoine to help free all the slaves. :facepalm: If I ever see the Millenium Falcon (GT, of course) in the shuttlebay of the Enterprise, I will have a coronary.

He's also completely redesigned the Klingon Warbirds along with making them Hirogen. Apparently, Nero somehow influenced their entire culture retroactively as well.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He's also completely redesigned the Klingon Warbirds along with making them Hirogen. Apparently, Nero somehow influenced their entire culture retroactively as well.

mad-as-hell-2.jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

Abrams turned it into "The Transformers". This movie will be a major disappointment to any hardcore fan looking for a good sci-fi action thriller. There is so bullshit in this movie I would love to vent about right now but I can't until everyone who's going to see is has seen it to avoid spoiling it.

Spock-to-bot's ROLL OUT!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
:bored:

Damn you Abrams....I don't even want to see this now. :disturbed: Ill just wait and download it.

Bluce Ree

:bored:

Damn you Abrams....I don't even want to see this now. :disturbed: Ill just wait and download it.

If you can catch it for $5 then I say go ahead. Otherwise, wait until you can download it. You won't get in trouble for swearing out loud and throwing Smarties at your own TV screen.

Bluce Ree

As long as I pretend it isn't Trek, I can enjoy it. Too much nonsense, though. For one thing ...

... since Starfleet now has transwarp beaming technology, demonstrated in the first movie and seen again in this movie, why did they need to send a shuttle down to Kronos to get the guy? They could have beamed him on board from the edge of the neutral zone. For that matter, why did they have to send a ship at all after the guy since the technology to beam from Earth to Kronos using a portable transwarp transporter was shown in this movie?

And another thing ...

... why did Kirk's helmet use glass instead of transparent aluminum? Just so it can crack and we can all have an "OMG!!" moment?

It's enjoyable if I throw out the entire notion that this is Trek but I can't because it is and there's too much established history and science PRIOR to Nero's entrance into the timeline.

If Abrams had reset the entire timeline going back to the stone age, I suppose we can forgive some of the nonsense, but he didn't. He only reset from Nero's entrance, which is why I have a problem with regressing basic technology that pre-existed Nero's interference, such as transparent aluminum and the warp engine design. This movie adds stupid elements to the warp engine for the sake of a pointless scene. Galaxy Quests's chompers reimagined.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm the oddball here, I guess. I really enjoyed the newest Trek.

Sorry you all didn't care for it.

Bluce ruined our date... :concern: :P

I really dont want to be angry tonight. :( This means our Trek is dead for a few more years. Abrams is in charge of ALL things Trek from this point forward, until Paramount gives it to somebody else. It means no new Trek TV series unless JJ says it's ok.

This man is NOT SMART. He is very creative, he is enthusiastic in a little boy sorta way that is needed, but he lacks the exceptional intellect and vision of a scientific minded person. Anybody here remember the Voyager episode where Lt Paris is going over the proposed designs for the Delta Flyer with Tuvok in the holodeck? Paris tries to add "dynometric fins" to the Flyer cause it looked cool, but Tuvok saw that they added nothing to function and removed them. Abrams added those fins and doodads to Trek, and there is no Tuvok to bring him to his senses. The man is a DULLARD when it comes to the vision needed for Trek.

I am so mad right now...:chargrined:

He changed the Klingon warbirds??? Next to the Federation ships, the Klingons had the most distinctive and identifiable designs of ships. DAMN!

Last edited:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
the TOS movie era and onwards ones were, but in TOS, the D-7's were used as both Klingon and Romulan ships because IIRC some half-wit lost the model of the Romulan B.O.P's. :(

Bluce Ree

Bluce ruined our date... :concern: :P

I really dont want to be angry tonight. :( This means our Trek is dead for a few more years. Abrams is in charge of ALL things Trek from this point forward, until Paramount gives it to somebody else. It means no new Trek TV series unless JJ says it's ok.

This man is NOT SMART. He is very creative, he is enthusiastic in a little boy sorta way that is needed, but he lacks thee exceptional intellect and vision of a scientific minded person. Anybody here remember the Voyager episode where Lt Paris is going over the proposed designs for the Delta Flyer with Tuvok in the holodeck? Paris tries to add "dynometric fins" to the Flyer cause it looked cool, but Tuvok saw that they added nothing to function and removed them. Abrams added those fins and doodads to Trek, and there is no Tuvok to bring him to his senses. The mad is a DULLARD when it comes to the vision needed for Trek.

I am so mad right now...:chargrined:

He changed the Klingon warbirds??? Next to the Federation ships, the Klingons had the most distinctive and identifiable designs of ships. DAMN!

Apparently, CBS owns the right to Star Trek on TV. Paramount inky owns the rights to the movies. In an Abrams interview, it seems he's basically throwing in the towel with Trek because CBS refuses to let him build his empire which included movies, tv series and full control over all merchandising. This is one of the reasons why he's taking Star Wars, because Disney owns it all and will welcome his empirical vision.

I'll find the article when I get home and link it for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Is it the one with Jon Stewart Bluce?

Edit, it seems Yong may have nabbed it over on the ST:ID thread.