SGU Season 2 DVD announced

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I know we've all been anxiously waiting for this gem to be released on DVD so we can rewatch all of our favorite moments from Season 2, but wait no longer my friends! Region 1 (America) will see the release of SGU's Season 2 DVD on June 7th. Please, no shoving while in line, there will be plenty of copies to go around -- and I mean plenty. :icon_lol:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Stargate-Universe-The-Complete-Final-Season/15164

DVD
Extras-filled standard format release (no Blu-ray, sorry!) coming in early June
Posted by David Lambert
3/24/2011

The Destiny continues its journey through the Universe, while its crew suffers from a lack of supplies and no knowledge of its final destination. Struggling to control the ships systems, tempers and personalities of the crew clash. Facing uncharted space and enemies who would take the ship by force, the Destiny crew persevere in their struggle to stay alive and find a way home.

MGM and distributor Fox Home Entertainment have today announced that on June 7th fans can buy Stargate Universe - The Complete Final Season on DVD. At this time, only a DVD version has been scheduled; no Blu-ray release has been offered. The 5-disc set running approximately 880 minutes will cost $49.98 SRP in the USA, and CA$59.98 SRP in Canada.

Besides the featured 20 episodes, you'll also get a nice list of bonus material:
Episode Commentary Tracks

Robert Carlyle Directs
Andy Mikita Directs
Eli's Mom Comes on Board
Brian J. Smith's First Fight
Crashing a Shuttle (Not to be confused with crashing a franchise. ;) )
The Seed Ship With Joe Mallozzi (Great! More ego stroking.)
Saying Goodbye to Sgt. Riley (Oh poor lil' Riley! We've forgotten you already.)
Lou Diamond Phillips on Guest Stars
Lt. Scott Gets Hit By A Car
Inside Cloverdale with Brad Wright Great! Jowls, a double chin and propaganda about SGU. :roll:)
How to Get Sucked Into Space (How to what? I think we all got sucked into space when this dog was greenlit and produced.)
SG-U Welcomes You to New Mexico's Bisti Badlands
Deconstructing Destiny
A Day in the Life of Jamil Walker Smith (Do we care?)
Transplant Day
Sitting Down with Mike Dopud (Oh Rac80 darling! Now you must buy the DVD set! :icon_lol:)
Bringing the Bridge to Life
Louis Ferreria Vs. Colonel Young
Pitches: A Journey of Friendship and Discovery (Again, don't care.)
Behind the Season 2 Finale - Gauntlet

Video is in anamorphic widescreen, audio is available in both English - 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish - Dolby Digital. There are also English and Spanish subtitles, too. Here's a peek at the package art:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
well not THAT tempting....

well it's tempting to see mike Dopud...but then I will probably be able to find it "elsewhere"
smsmileys28.gif
and dl it from there. ;)

I just wanna know if this is about the car in the off-ship ep from Season 1:
Lt. Scott Gets Hit By A Car

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:lol: It really bugs you that some find him so adorable doesn't it? Sorry i loooooove cuddly men! and he definitely qualifies! ;) But sorry i've met men with real barrel chests and MD doesn't have one! :D

Edit- I have noticed one serious omission from the "extras"...no interview with BJS's mommy! :eek:

My "uncle" (via family frendship, rather than blood), is one of those "classic barrel chested" dudes. Even at almost 80 he still looks like he could rip your head off.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
:lol: It really bugs you that some find him so adorable doesn't it? Sorry i loooooove cuddly men! and he definitely qualifies! ;) But sorry i've met men with real barrel chests and MD doesn't have one! :D[...]

:rotflmao:

I just love seeing your reaction every time I bring that up. :icon_lol:

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Wow... I'm sure someone will buy the DVDs. Won't be me, though.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can get a refund on iTunes for the season pass I bought. Lesson learned, I guess. Never buy a season pass when you're hoping things will get better. :(

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can get a refund on iTunes for the season pass I bought. Lesson learned, I guess. Never buy a season pass when you're hoping things will get better. :(
Ouch! :eek:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well...

I want to know the sales figures for the DVDs they DID sell. Im guessing there was a surge around Christmas when unsuspecting family members look in their Christmas notes and see "loves Stargate" in there and buys the DVD as a gift without knowing that their loved one wont like it. I wonder how many of those sales later became *returns* within a month? :icon_lol:

What Im trying to figure out is how many people find the Stargate Universe DVDs in the PS2 game section buried behind old PS2 games in the bargain bin? :rononwhistle:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Oooh scary!

Forget the DVDs. I want BluRay!!
Rush in high-def on a large screen!?!?!?:eek: *shudders* that's gonna give me nightmares!

I want to know the sales figures for the DVDs they DID sell. Im guessing there was a surge around Christmas when unsuspecting family members look in their Christmas notes and see "loves Stargate" in there and buys the DVD as a gift without knowing that their loved one wont like it. I wonder how many of those sales later became *returns* within a month? :icon_lol:

What Im trying to figure out is how many people find the Stargate Universe DVDs in the PS2 game section buried behind old PS2 games in the bargain bin? :rononwhistle:

probably the same number who find them under the dvd racks on the floor behind everything....:rononwhistle:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Rush in high-def on a large screen!?!?!?:eek: *shudders* that's gonna give me nightmares!

probably the same number who find them under the dvd racks on the floor behind everything....:rononwhistle:

LOL!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Was at Sam's Club this wednesday and found "the complete final season of SGU" for $13.98!!:icon_e_biggrin: