Riddick 3 Starts Shooting This Summer, Will Get An R Rating

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Last we heard about Vin Diesel taking on a project that wasn't Fast and/or Furious related it was The Machine, a family action-comedy from the same people that brought you The Pacifier. For fans excited by what they saw in Fast Five and the potential for the actor to become an Arnold Schwarzenegger-level action star, the news was quite disheartening. Fortunately this news might help bring some of the energy back into the room.

Diesel recently posted a new photo on his Facebook wall that came with an interesting message that indicates we may see another Riddick movie sooner than later. I am, of course, referring to the character originated by Diesel in the 2000 film Pitch Black that was followed by a sequel, The Chronicles of Riddick, in 2004. The actor has been trying to get a third film off the ground for years but has regularly faced resistance due to his demands that the movie be rated R. Apparently he's found a way around that. According to the message, director David Twohy has told Diesel that they will be able to start filming this summer and that, thanks to him taking scale upfront instead of his normal fee, the film will be "a true R rated film."
I actually didn't mind Pitch black and Chronicles of Riddick. Looking forward to it.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Vin-...g-This-Summer-Will-Get-An-R-Rating-24867.html

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Been awhile since I saw either film but from what I remember they were two different films in terms of content. One was more a scary monster movie and the next was more of an action/adventure-good guy vs. bad guy weird space politics thing. I didn't hate the second one but much preferred the first one, that I remember.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Been awhile since I saw either film but from what I remember they were two different films in terms of content. One was more a scary monster movie and the next was more of an action/adventure-good guy vs. bad guy weird space politics thing. I didn't hate the second one but much preferred the first one, that I remember.

Ah, yes. Nothing quite like a political space thriller. Makes me think of Star Wars Ep 1. That movie was such a bore all I can remember is spending a whole lot of story time in the Senate and Skywalker's floating soapbox car race.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Ah, yes. Nothing quite like a political space thriller. Makes me think of Star Wars Ep 1. That movie was such a bore all I can remember is spending a whole lot of story time in the Senate and Skywalker's floating soapbox car race.

At least Jar Jar Binks provided some much needed comic relief!

jar_jar_binks800x600.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The only thing he was missing was a doobie in his hand.

Jar Jar...:roll: Hell, as long as you add the doobie, why not just go the whole nine yards and add a big half-wheel of watermelon and have him clutching a chicken leg? Nevermind that there are no chickens on Naboo :facepalm:

It really sorta gets me that there are people who dont understand why the mere PRESENCE of such a character is insulting, and not funny in the least. Add in Skids and Mudflap too. Nothing more irritating than hearing some flippant person say "Oh, they were just kidding...whats the big deal?". At least in Riddick, we dont have him swaggaring around or flying a purple spaceship with gold spinning turbines and a gold tooth in his mouth.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well to me the entire prequel trilogy was insulting. Jar Jar was kind of like the cherry of awfulness on top of the hot fudge sundae of bad moviemaking...

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Coincidence??

jar-binks7.jpg
Ursini.jpg

I don't believe in them either