Ratings Predictions Thread for Sanctuary

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Ok so there was an episode on Tuesday? I am confused, my DVR never picked up the change. I never saw the episode. Also, they are promoting a new episode "Chimera" for tonight which I believe was Tuesday's episode? What the F*** is Syfy doing? Sanctuary should not be held responsible for their lower ratings for Tuesday's episode which was just under 1 Million.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Looks like they are filling a Tuesday schedule gap by running Sanctuary twice a week.

THX1138

GateFans Member
What kind of numbers do they need to hit to stay in business?

I really thought it was odd that they would run a new episode the Friday after Thanksgiving and then another one out of the blue the following Tuesday. Normally SyFy avoids the holidays like the plague. :P

Don't know about the numbers needed but reducing all their scripted shows to 13 eps means they can schedule 52 weeks a year in a slot, hence airing on/near holidays.

Rocky89

GateFans Noob

At least we didn't have to wait all weekend for the ratings...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...covert-affairs-up-supersmackdown-more/112264/

955,000 and .4 18-49

I would start those "Save Sanctuary" Campaigns. :(

What kind of numbers do they need to hit to stay in business?

I really thought it was odd that they would run a new episode the Friday after Thanksgiving and then another one out of the blue the following Tuesday. Normally SyFy avoids the holidays like the plague. :P

A 0.4 18 to 49 demo is not bad, but anything from a 0.5 to higher is better. The total viewers can dip if the 18 to 49 demo stays high. I just don't think a 0.4 on a 4 year old show is going to cut it.

Ok so there was an episode on Tuesday? I am confused, my DVR never picked up the change. I never saw the episode. Also, they are promoting a new episode "Chimera" for tonight which I believe was Tuesday's episode? What the F*** is Syfy doing? Sanctuary should not be held responsible for their lower ratings for Tuesday's episode which was just under 1 Million.

I really don't see why the Friday (repeat) ratings should count. I mean, the way I see it, Syfy didn't really promote it that it was on Tues, and there are MANY people out there who don't go to forums like we do, or follow twitter and what not, and and Brian said that his DVR didn't catch it on Tues. Add that and the fact that since many saw it on Tues, didn't feel the need to watch it again on Fri, but those who did either didn't know it was on Tuesday and thought Fri was new. Oh, and one more thing, by then it was already up for grabs online to watch in God knows how many ways.

Brian is right, Sanctuary should not be held responsible for their lower ratings for the Tues episode, nor for the Fri episode. I believe that it aired on Fri the right way, new and what now, the ratings would have been better considering what the episode was about.

S

Stonelesscutter

I really don't see why the Friday (repeat) ratings should count. I mean, the way I see it, Syfy didn't really promote it that it was on Tues, and there are MANY people out there who don't go to forums like we do, or follow twitter and what not, and and Brian said that his DVR didn't catch it on Tues. Add that and the fact that since many saw it on Tues, didn't feel the need to watch it again on Fri, but those who did either didn't know it was on Tuesday and thought Fri was new. Oh, and one more thing, by then it was already up for grabs online to watch in God knows how many ways.

Brian is right, Sanctuary should not be held responsible for their lower ratings for the Tues episode, nor for the Fri episode. I believe that it aired on Fri the right way, new and what now, the ratings would have been better considering what the episode was about.

All I wanna know is, what were the friday ratings? I still don't know how we should count these for our predictions.

S

Stonelesscutter

S3E11 - 1,217,000 - Pax Romana
S3E12 - 1,424,000 - Hangover
S3E13 - ..868,000 - One Night
S3E14 - ..838,000 - Metamorphosis
S3E15 - ..756,000 - Wingman
S3E16 - ..815,000 - Awakening
S3E17 - ..842,000 - Normandy
S3E18 - ..915,000 - Carentan
S3E19 - 1,201,000 - Out of the Blue
S3E20 - 1,283,000 - Into the Black
S4E01 - 1,380,000 - Tempus
S4E02 - 1,323,000 - Uprising
S4E03 - 1,466,000 - Untouchable
S4E04 - 1,201,000 - Monsoon
S4E05 - 1,258,000 - Resistance
S4E06 - 1,319,000 - Homecoming
S4E07 - 1,203,000 - Icebreaker
S4E08 - 1,108,000 - Fugue
S4E08 - ..955,000 - Chimera

Predictions for upcoming episode: Acolyte (December 9th)

Stonelesscutter: 1,102,000

S

Stonelesscutter

Oops, sorry, my miskate, that's not from Fri, it's from Tues. I don't remember the number from Fri, but... maybe I don't want to? :p

Okay maybe you don't want to. But I know WE want to. :) I've tried looking up the numbers myself a dosen times before but I never actually got to see any numbers. That tvbythenumbers site SUCKS. But if someone would be so good to look them up and post them here that would surely be appreciated. Might even be some green in it. :D

Rocky89

GateFans Noob

Rocky89

GateFans Noob
Not very impressive indeed. Nobody won the prize then this time though Stranger was relatively close.

Woah. I gave you green as promised and bumped you up two notches! My rep powah is awesome! :D

Thank you. :)

I hope Fri's will be better in the ratings, it should. :)

I mean... it has to, since it's a new ep on Fri. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

Thank you. :)

I hope Fri's will be better in the ratings, it should. :)

I mean... it has to, since it's a new ep on Fri. :)

Hopefully yes. But let's not forget they probably also bruised their ratings a lot with that horrible musical episode.

S

Stonelesscutter

I thought the musical was very good, and I'm proud that that they expanded themselves yet again. :)

Okay. Well I thought it was baaaaad. And I have a feeling lots of people did. But I hope the next episode will be sooo good that it blows the memory of that particular ep straight from my mind. Anyway, care to make a prediction?

S

Stonelesscutter

S3E11 - 1,217,000 - Pax Romana
S3E12 - 1,424,000 - Hangover
S3E13 - ..868,000 - One Night
S3E14 - ..838,000 - Metamorphosis
S3E15 - ..756,000 - Wingman
S3E16 - ..815,000 - Awakening
S3E17 - ..842,000 - Normandy
S3E18 - ..915,000 - Carentan
S3E19 - 1,201,000 - Out of the Blue
S3E20 - 1,283,000 - Into the Black
S4E01 - 1,380,000 - Tempus
S4E02 - 1,323,000 - Uprising
S4E03 - 1,466,000 - Untouchable
S4E04 - 1,201,000 - Monsoon
S4E05 - 1,258,000 - Resistance
S4E06 - 1,319,000 - Homecoming
S4E07 - 1,203,000 - Icebreaker
S4E08 - 1,108,000 - Fugue
S4E08 - ..955,000 - Chimera

Predictions for upcoming episode: Acolyte (December 9th)

Stonelesscutter: 1,058,000

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Remember here that those ratings are for the second showing of Chimera. The first one pulled in close to 1 million, and a lot of people knew they were double showing the show. So if you're SyFy you need to figure out a "true" rating. That is adding the two together then subtracting out people who watched it twice (that number will be guess work).

Say for example that 10% of Friday's viewers are rewatching it after seeing it Tuesday. Then the true viewership is:

955,000 from Tuesday + 699,000 from Friday - 70,000 overlap viewers = 1,584,000 total viewers. Obviously if there was more overlap then the subtract number is higher.

This is similar to how BBC handles shows with multiple viewings - the final rating combines the showings and factors out repeat watchers.

Rocky89

GateFans Noob
Okay. Well I thought it was baaaaad. And I have a feeling lots of people did. But I hope the next episode will be sooo good that it blows the memory of that particular ep straight from my mind. Anyway, care to make a prediction?

Many thought it was good, and I even did a review on it for WHR. :) I thought Chimera was quite good, and I think had it aired on the Fri, instead of Tues, it would have been a good ratings ep. :)

Yes, I will make a prediction. I'm going for 1.2 or a 1.3. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

Many thought it was good, and I even did a review on it for WHR. :) I thought Chimera was quite good, and I think had it aired on the Fri, instead of Tues, it would have been a good ratings ep. :)

Yes, I will make a prediction. I'm going for 1.2 or a 1.3. :)

You'll need to be a little more specific before I can add that to the predictions. ;)