stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

Screen shot 2011-05-07 at 15.17.51.png

Gauntlet

EPISODE NUMBER - 220
ORIGINAL US AIR DATE - May 9, 2011
WRITTEN BY - Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie
DIRECTED BY - TBA
GUEST STARS - Peter Kelamis (Adam Brody), Patrick Gilmore (Dale Volker), Jennifer Spence (Lisa Park), Julia Benson (Lt. James), Lou Diamond Phillips (Colonel Telford), Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman (Darren Becker)
STORY - Blocked by Command Ships at every star and unable to gate for supplies without alerting the drones, Destiny must take a stand or be left adrift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHXn2e8o7DQ

[video=youtube;RY84wAid-5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY84wAid-5I&feature=player_embedded

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Mallozzi says "Gauntlet" is a major cliffhanger.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ouve-been-warned-more-sg-1-season-5-memories/

No, the Stargate: Universe series finale, Gauntlet, is not a cliffhanger in either respect. It is a true cliffhanger along the lines of a Camelot, Incursion II, and The Siege II. The kind that, once it ends, will leave you asking yourselves: "How the hell are they going to get out of this one! Can't wait until the next episode!" Except there won't be a next episode, much less a n ext season.

Also, in response to a question several have posed: Unfortunately, the last few episodes build upon each other so simply switching the airing order wouldn't have helped. You could consider Epilogue the series finale and move on to some other show (I hear great things about Breaking Bad) but that would rob you of two truly awesome episodes in Blockade and Gauntlet. Both deliver action, adventure, humor, and some terrific character moments.

Gauntlet, in particular, is very touching and its conclusion will no doubt you leave you...among many other things...frustrated, incredulous, outraged, offended, annoyed, vexed, saddened, distressed, bitter, aghast, irritated, unsatisfied, pissed-off, melancholy, miserable, confused, furious, dejected, riled, shocked, heartsick, angry, surprised, exasperated, indignant, enraged, despondent, bewildered, dismayed, incensed, stunned, and grief-stricken.

Fair warning.
Did he just tell people not to bother watching past Epilogue? I think he did. :icon_cry:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Considering that "Blockade" was mostly about wandering around an abandoned town and "shopping" abandoned stores for clothes and food... yeah. :(

I just posted the sneak peek in the sidebar of the forums and the main page. Looks like a cliffhanger to me allright...fitting for this show.

[video=youtube;RY84wAid-5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY84wAid-5I&feature=player_embedded

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Sigh, looks like next week is going to be a pain.

Syfy really have some nerve calling it the series finale and playing it up like its the true ending though.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sigh, looks like next week is going to be a pain.

Syfy really have some nerve calling it the series finale and playing it up like its the true ending though.

I actually agree with you here. Repeatedly hyping it as a "series finale" is more than a bit disingenuous.

G

Graybrew1

How stupid am I ? I agreed to write the bloody review on this ep. :facepalm:

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
So they "tapped into the subspace signals" that control the drones... and they knew how to reprogram the drones from a while back...

why not fracking try to reprogram the command ships through the subspace network? Or at least interfere with the signals in subspace? Seriously... the subspace signals are their Achilles' heel, if that's where the drones are getting their orders... sheesh!

But noooooo... let's fight them on their turf and on their rules! DUMB.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
lol I think 2 things could happen...

1. They get stranded in space for nowhere to go, with minimal life support and the ship just floats in space.Ship being so badly damaged that it cannot be repaired.

2.The ship blows up and everyone dies!

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
So they "tapped into the subspace signals" that control the drones... and they knew how to reprogram the drones from a while back...

why not fracking try to reprogram the command ships through the subspace network? Or at least interfere with the signals in subspace? Seriously... the subspace signals are their Achilles' heel, if that's where the drones are getting their orders... sheesh!

But noooooo... let's fight them on their turf and on their rules! DUMB.
I'd imagine that the command ships would have better firewalls and counter-intrusion measures than the expendable drones to prevent such a thing. They did consider jamming in Blockade, but they didn't have time to set it up and there's probably a limit to the range and power of their subspace transmitters due to the fact the ship is old has hell.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Nope, the reason why you won't see anything like that on SGU is that they are actual SCI-FI answers to the problem :facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
lol I think 2 things could happen...

1. They get stranded in space for nowhere to go, with minimal life support and the ship just floats in space.Ship being so badly damaged that it cannot be repaired.

2.The ship blows up and everyone dies!

Hmmm....I vote for #2

"2.The ship blows up and everyone dies!" :icon_razz:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
MGM has some photos of tonight's episode. While as usual they offer no major spoilers, at least it's something to look at and speculate while waiting for the episode to air :)

Screen shot 2011-05-10 at 01.25.48.png

Screen shot 2011-05-10 at 01.27.01.png

Screen shot 2011-05-10 at 01.28.07.png

Screen shot 2011-05-10 at 01.28.59.png

Screen shot 2011-05-10 at 01.29.35.png

Screen shot 2011-05-10 at 01.30.19.png

Screen shot 2011-05-10 at 01.54.56.png

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
MGM has some photos of tonight's episode. While as usual they offer no major spoilers, at least it's something to look at and speculate while waiting for the episode to air :)
Looks like they're standing in the bay with the suspended animation tubes in pic#5. And the way they're sitting at those tables in the last picture, all mopey, suggests to me that the majority of the crew gets put into suspended animation for some reason.