Old series

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
I am rewatching a lot of the really old Doctor Who, including the original 60's pilot. I am surprised how different the show used to be, more serious too, not so much of the later cheesyness. Some episodes are pretty boring but I still find it interesting even to this age. Sure it lacks many things, but it is a fun series still. I recommend everyone to check out the old ones as well.

I haven't watched any of the past Tennant Matt Smith episodes yet though.

S

Stonelesscutter

I've never seen any Dr. Who.
Yes I know, shame on me.
I probably wont be seeing any for a long time to come either.
Watching lots of other things and now I have to study as well.
I know there's more Dr. Who fans around here though.
They'll surely respond soon. :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Yes I know, shame on me.

Yes, shame on you. :whip:

I need to rewatch the older series myself. But I've enjoyed the new seasons so much that I am a bit hesitant to revisit the older ones. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The older series was more reliant on dialogue than visuals and definitely not afraid of complex stories. It was really good.

This is not saying NuWho is bad, but it is faster paced and relies more on visuals. The Tennant series was more into simple plots with an emphasis on emotional moments while Matt Smith's era has gone back to the more complex stories of the old series.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes I know, shame on me.

What the hell are you studying now? You're not attempting that nuclear physics at home course again are you? Geez. Oh yeah, I like your new sig but have to tell you that Jim Beam is utter horse piss. I wouldn't give that to my dog -- not that I give alcohol to dogs, but if I did I wouldn't give them Jim Beam I can tell you that much.

S

Stonelesscutter

What the hell are you studying now? You're not attempting that nuclear physics at home course again are you? Geez. Oh yeah, I like your new sig but have to tell you that Jim Beam is utter horse piss. I wouldn't give that to my dog -- not that I give alcohol to dogs, but if I did I wouldn't give them Jim Beam I can tell you that much.

Lol. I know that Jim Beam is kind of the odd one out here, but well quite frankly I can't afford the 1938 Macallan. It ain't so bad really.
I'm studying Informatics now. No stuff blowing up just yet. :P