NOPE - (2022) - A science-fiction drama by Jordan Peele. A different take on a UFO thriller.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
This movie surprised me. I initially did not realize it was science fiction, and then when that became obvious, the nature of the UFO became something much more than what it seemed to be. The character development was excellent, the special effects were decent and the story/writing was excellent. Worth a watch, however you can see it!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUgmq_8PlRY

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Hmmm.... I only watched the trailer, but it didn't manage to entice me. I'm gonna need more than that to convince me to try to watch it I'm afraid.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Hmmm.... I only watched the trailer, but it didn't manage to entice me. I'm gonna need more than that to convince me to try to watch it I'm afraid.
There are several threads running through the movie. The main one is the presence of a UFO, the nature of which is not what it seems. It's a predator. A being AND a spaceship. Extraterrestrial. NOPE stands for Not Of Planet Earth. It's worth watching!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Oooooooo. Lol. So there's a spaceship in the clouds. I'm sold now. :D No offense meant. But I still need more. I will take your word for it that it's good. I might get to watch it someday. These days though, I don't watch much stuff to be honest. Work is exhausting. Then there's family life with puppy dogs, also exhausting. Most of my watching these days consists of YouTube videos, as I tend to go to bed early, and that's what I do when I'm in bed. So for me to watch a movie, it's gotta have that wow factor, or just plain dumb coincidence.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Oooooooo. Lol. So there's a spaceship in the clouds. I'm sold now. :D No offense meant. But I still need more. I will take your word for it that it's good. I might get to watch it someday. These days though, I don't watch much stuff to be honest. Work is exhausting. Then there's family life with puppy dogs, also exhausting. Most of my watching these days consists of YouTube videos, as I tend to go to bed early, and that's what I do when I'm in bed. So for me to watch a movie, it's gotta have that wow factor, or just plain dumb coincidence.
Wait...so no more kitty cats?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Wait...so no more kitty cats?
Hell yeah. We have three kitties. Lord Ba'al, and lady Qetesh, who are both about 10 years old now, and there is Apophis, who is about five years old, a Maine Coon. We now also have a German Shepherd named Doctor Beverly Crusher, who is about 10.5 months old, and a Golden Retriever named Captain Jean-Luc Picard, who is about 7 months old.