new episodes of futurama...what did you think?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
hahaha, it's nice to have a bit laughter again after what the writers did to the simpsons(made it less satire and more retarded). However, these new episodes have been fantastic. Good bit of humour and a great storyline.

So what's your thought on them?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The newer episodes of "Futurama" seem a bit "dull" in comparison to the earlier ones. It's hard to put a finger on it but they just don't seem as punchy and biting as they were previously.

I saw the season opener and while I got a few laughs out of it I didn't find it belly laugh hilarious like I have found the show to be in the past. I'm not sure what it is, perhaps the formula is just getting tired. The show isn't horrible by any means, but it has definitely gotten old.

And don't even get me going on "The Simpsons". :roll:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
The newer episodes of "Futurama" seem a bit "dull" in comparison to the earlier ones. It's hard to put a finger on it but they just don't seem as punchy and biting as they were previously.

I saw the season opener and while I got a few laughs out of it I didn't find it belly laugh hilarious like I have found the show to be in the past. I'm not sure what it is, perhaps the formula is just getting tired. The show isn't horrible by any means, but it has definitely gotten old.

And don't even get me going on "The Simpsons". :roll:
You're older :P.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You're older :P.

Old enough to remember when both shows were better. ;)

Seriously though, I don't think that I've changed over the years but rather that the level of writing has changed for those shows. "The Simpsons" has gone thru more writers than a ho working the parking lot of a honkey tonk on a Saturday night.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan

Seriously though, I don't think that I've changed over the years but rather that the level of writing has changed for those shows. "The Simpsons" has gone thru more writers than a ho working the parking lot of a honkey tonk on a Saturday night.
Please elaborate and enlighten my innocent mind and how you know such things. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

BA HAHAHAHAHAHA! :rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I've been enjoying the new episodes, both for last season and the new one that started last Thursday night.

I like the humor of Futurama a lot more than that of The Simpsons. Sharper and more politically incorrect.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Forgot to mention that this show is up and running again Wednesdays at 10PM EDT on Comedy Central.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Yes, the older, non-HD episodes were actually science fiction and not political satire.
There has always been political satire in Futurama, Jim. It was, after all, created by the same guy who does The Simpsons.

It's just a much sharper form of satire than the other show.

SciphonicStranger

They had some Shakespeare in tonight's episode. How classy.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, it did involve ACTING!

Sorry...I was channeling Calculon there for a moment.

I'm really looking forward to the Futurama panel at ComicCon. It looks like most everyone will be there, too! (including Maurice LaMarche, the voice of Calculon, Kif and Morbo)

SciphonicStranger

Well, it did involve ACTING!

Sorry...I was channeling Calculon there for a moment.

I'm really looking forward to the Futurama panel at ComicCon. It looks like most everyone will be there, too! (including Maurice LaMarche, the voice of Calculon, Kif and Morbo)

Cool! See if you can get him to do this...

:wink:

SciphonicStranger

Here's a nice best of Bender montage while we wait for the next new episode...

[video=youtube_share;GLpO-OvJU74]-OvJU74

SciphonicStranger

Tonight's episode had a beer fest in it! :very_drunk:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
They ran the first part of last night's episode at ComicCon this year. Glad to finally see how it ended.

Can you imagine a calm, thoughtful Oktoberfest? It just sounds so strange to me. WAY strange. :P

SciphonicStranger

Hulu? What is that?