MONARCH:LEGACY OF MONSTERS on APPLE

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
A Titan 'universe' series on APPLE TV. I didn't see the 2014 GODZILLA film but I know about it (GODZILLA fights other monsters and wipes out SAN FRANCISCO)

this series is not really a sequel to that, though it directly references that movie in both a sequel and prequel way, it is more of an extension of that 'universe'

@Joelist

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have been able to catch some of the episodes so far. Not too bad. Kurt Russell and his son steal the show to an extent and like G2014 you don't see a lot of Godzilla (at least not yet). The writing is okay so far and is a sort of slowly unfolding mystery.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This show is so so at this point. The pace is kinda slow and to say Godzilla is rarely present says little. But some of the performances like Kurt Russell are entertaining and so far the story isn't bad.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
This show is so so at this point. The pace is kinda slow and to say Godzilla is rarely present says little. But some of the performances like Kurt Russell are entertaining and so far the story isn't bad.
I don't have Apple TV but I want to watch this! Is it a compilation of monsters or only Godzilla? I know that the monsters are not in it much, from what I am hearing.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It’s been a compilation of monsters including Godzilla.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Up to episode 7 and my thinking here is "it's okay I guess in some ways". The story is constrained a bit by it having to fit into a time frame before King of the Monsters. Most of the characters are good except one named May - she is just obnoxious. Kurt Russell is still the best performance and he is not holding back.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
One episode left. Hollow Earth discovered. Still okay but aside from Kurt Russell the other characters are kinda meh aside from the actively dislikable May. Not a terrible story either.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
One episode left. Hollow Earth discovered. Still okay but aside from Kurt Russell the other characters are kinda meh aside from the actively dislikable May. Not a terrible story either.
I want to watch this SO BAD! But I am not going to pay for Apple TV. I will have to watch it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Finale was okay, we FINALLY got a Godzilla fight. It was about 2 minutes long and he totally punked his opponent. Alas we lost Kurt Russell (instead of May the charisma vacuum who should have died). Overall this was an okay show.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Finale was okay, we FINALLY got a Godzilla fight. It was about 2 minutes long and he totally punked his opponent. Alas we lost Kurt Russell (instead of May the charisma vacuum who should have died). Overall this was an okay show.
Okay, this means that there is a whole season to get (and binge). I really want to see this series!