Mallozzi's Mailbag & More II

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
A qte from the linked article on SG movie:

"But, for the sake of argument, let’s say, it’s a best case scenario for fans of SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe. The studio proves amenable to the idea. Next up is ensuring we have a cast in place. So, which cast? SG-1? Atlantis? Universe? Or would it be a selective amalgamation of all three (which was Brad Wright’s original idea for an SGU movie)?"

Now that could either-potentially very good (wouldn't you like to see McKay and Carter "bitch slap" 'fat boy-genious'?)--Or marvelously terrible

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
A qte from the linked article on SG movie:

"But, for the sake of argument, let’s say, it’s a best case scenario for fans of SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe. The studio proves amenable to the idea. Next up is ensuring we have a cast in place. So, which cast? SG-1? Atlantis? Universe? Or would it be a selective amalgamation of all three (which was Brad Wright’s original idea for an SGU movie)?"

Now that could either-potentially very good (wouldn't you like to see McKay and Carter "bitch slap" 'fat boy-genious'?)--Or marvelously terrible

I'll go with marvelously terrible. Really there can be no other outcome with such an amalgamation of all 3 shows. It would simply be Brad Wright's attempt to legitimize SGU by using the success of SG-1 and SGA. That was his objective from the very start and he, obstinately, refuses to understand that SGU can only bring down SG-1/SGA. Those shows can't raise up SGU, those shows can't fix the flawed premise and horrible characters. It's as simple as that.

Again, BW's vision of Stargate needs to be left entombed. That is the best place for it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'll go with marvelously terrible. Really there can be no other outcome with such an amalgamation of all 3 shows. It would simply be Brad Wright's attempt to legitimize SGU by using the success of SG-1 and SGA. That was his objective from the very start and he, obstinately, refuses to understand that SGU can only bring down SG-1/SGA. Those shows can't raise up SGU, those shows can't fix the flawed premise and horrible characters. It's as simple as that.

Again, BW's vision of Stargate needs to be left entombed. That is the best place for it.

WELL SAID, my simian friend. :) SGU is the cuckoo's chick egg laid in the nest of Stargate. Nothing about it connects to the original movie's premise, and even the gate functions completely differently than the other gates. Brad Wright only got the first few seasons of SG-1 right and after Season 6 it jumped the shark. Still, it was closer to Stargate the movie than SGU could be considered to be on any level. SGU is NOT Stargate. You cant mix or amalgamate it into Stargate any more than you can meld the Star trek animated series into the live action ones.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I agree with both of you. It is strangely coincidentally how two stories seemingly "come out" on the same day or so

the first about the Wachowski "brothers" along with B5 creator-J Michael Strac-working together on a new netflix sci fi show-the second being this seeming gasp from SG'rs who are looking for "light" and production $

as a mentioned elsewhere-the Wach. bro's netflix deal, these SG movie rumors and the older post about netflix "promising" SG fan groups that if they can show popular support then netflix will consider a SG something as a potential NETFLIX "original"

no matter the outcome, i am just interested to see that Netflix-and hopefully other non traditional outlets-is moving forward with originals and is interested in the sci fi genre

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
I'm going to speak from the bleeding obvious here. How will this work practically one screen? Usually in movies there is a problem which must be solved right? SGA and SG1 are still within the confines of the Milkyway, Density on the other hand is X amount of billion light years away. So imagine the scenario of "Omagawd Aliens are attacking Earth" Atlantis can help (knowledge and weapons) SG1 can help (Pentagon, SG Teams) Density on the other hand does what exactly? Sit there? Mull around looking depressed? The only way it could work is if Chloe licked the black monolith from '2001 A space odyssey' that she became a starchild and warped the Density back to earth.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
^Yeah, what you said basically, mixture of wis and pis, writer induced stupidity and plot induced stupidity

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'm going to speak from the bleeding obvious here. How will this work practically one screen? Usually in movies there is a problem which must be solved right? SGA and SG1 are still within the confines of the Milkyway, Density on the other hand is X amount of billion light years away. So imagine the scenario of "Omagawd Aliens are attacking Earth" Atlantis can help (knowledge and weapons) SG1 can help (Pentagon, SG Teams) Density on the other hand does what exactly? Sit there? Mull around looking depressed? The only way it could work is if Chloe licked the black monolith from '2001 A space odyssey' that she became a starchild and warped the Density back to earth.

:SmileyLaughingTears:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

:rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::crying-028::shep_lol:. I thought "the black monolith" was Chloe's pet name for Greer's...um...."tool". :icon_rotflmao:

BTW, Atlantis is in Pegasus. Still much closer than Density is.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

:icon_rotflmao::laughing::crying-028::smiley-laughing024:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
wrong it is on Earth SF bay or have you forgotten enemy at the gate?

That's right...and YEAH! I had forgotten Enemy at the Gate (intentionally). Now, I have to forget it all over again, dammit! Where is my bong? :pride: :P

Tropicana

Council Member
Mozzie still droning on about SGU?

Sigh.

If he pens a SG-1/SGA movie, ok that's fine. I'm all for it and will get funds etc but if SGU is even mentioned, even a tiny bit, I ain't gonna support it.

The viewers have spoken years ago and the viewers are still speaking it now, bruv:

SG-1/A FOREVER, SGU NEVER!

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Mozzie still droning on about SGU?

Sigh.

If he pens a SG-1/SGA movie, ok that's fine. I'm all for it and will get funds etc but if SGU is even mentioned, even a tiny bit, I ain't gonna support it.

The viewers have spoken years ago and the viewers are still speaking it now, bruv:

SG-1/A FOREVER, SGU NEVER!
wrong.. STARGATE 4 ever BW SG = SG NEVER! fuuuuuuuuuk that shiz.