LOKI

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I watched ep 1. seemed ok

anyone watching? is it worth going past ep 1?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually Episode 1 made me stop watching. It was woke, and some of the stupid plot elements effectively destroy the entire MCU (like the idea that every thing in every movie was totally predestined to happen).

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I waited to watch this. Mainly because my wife wanted to wait and watch it all at once. (like all 6 episodes of the season, WTF!) But today I chose to watch it and not wait any longer. I'm liking it, the first two episodes are fine. But now there's something which is pissing me off. And from what I know from you guys and me being the more accepting of the bunch here, if I do say so myself, I am thoroughly convinced that you guys will not just dislike this but absolutely hate this with a vigor. Let me put it in a spoiler, just to be safe...

There is suddenly a female version of Loki. (so many smileys but not one for barf) I'm not even against a female Loki version per se, but whichever actress they used for this particular version is definitely NOT up to the task. Such a completely bland and utter meaningless waste of air time this female Loki character is. How anyone could ever think that this is tolerable compared to, and even next to, the excellent performance of Tom Hiddleston is absolutely beyond my comprehension.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It seems like there's some little nudges to the (absolutely excellent and awesome) Portal game series by the way. If you're familiar with those games, you'll pick up on those without a doubt.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
O, MY, FUCKING, GOD!!! I was about to tell you guys that you should just forget about episode 3 and give episode 4 a chance and watch it until the end. But that was until I saw the actual end of episode 4. Now, I'm completely in disarray. If the end of episode 4 is a foreshadowing of what's to come, then this show is DEAD TO ME. If however it turns around, then I'll be happy to inform you otherwise. Wait. I thought I was at the end of the episode and then there was something more still. It's very confusing. I believe there might be hope yet....

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
By the way, compared to The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, this show is not as good as that one, as far as I'm concerned.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
My issue is the sacred timeline concept. They are bringing into the MCU a concept that was never there before (that everything that has happened was always destined to happen) and it has the effect of rendering all of the previous stories and characters meaningless. Now Sylvie....yes the actress playing her is appallingly bad. What is interesting is the name if you go by the comics indicates this is NOT a female Loki but rather another Asgardian who Loki gave powers to long ago (they call her Enchantress in the comics).

What is interesting also is Disney+ is actually losing subscribers of late - their numbers went way up with the Luke Skywalker reveal at the end of Mandalorian S2 and stayed good until about midway through Falcon and Winter Soldier when they tanked and the decline is still happening just not as drastic.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Disney+ doesn't exactly offer a lot of content, contrary to what one might expect. My guess is people will have already watched what they wanted to watch and then cancelled, and will probably resubscribe once there is more new content they are interested in.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
O, MY, FUCKING, GOD!!! I was about to tell you guys that you should just forget about episode 3 and give episode 4 a chance and watch it until the end. But that was until I saw the actual end of episode 4. Now, I'm completely in disarray. If the end of episode 4 is a foreshadowing of what's to come, then this show is DEAD TO ME. If however it turns around, then I'll be happy to inform you otherwise. Wait. I thought I was at the end of the episode and then there was something more still. It's very confusing. I believe there might be hope yet....
I was done at episode 2, and I skipped episode 3. But after I started reading the extreme reactions to episode 4, I watched it and now I am REALLY done. I won't be watching anymore. Disney has hired roomfuls of activists and agenda warriors and their poison will be injected into everything they make from now on.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Episode 5 was dumb and poorly paced - BUT - I have to give a shout out to Richard E Grant....his Loki was awesome!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Episode 6 was pretty weird. They still have not definitively said that Sylvie is actually a Loki or rather Enchantress, but she definitely did a heel turn and is a villain now. Overall it was pretty naff and the writing was not the best. While it had woke elements it wasn't utterly woke like Captain Marvel. But overall not the best job.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Hmmm.... episode 6.... both boring and interesting at the same time. Very little action. Scene drawn out far too long. I'll watch season 2 when it comes out, but the quality of this show so far is far from up to par with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, not even a little bit close.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I agree the pacing is all over the place. I also could have done without the woke parts. Some things were good (like Richard E Grant as Classic Loki).

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just rewatched the first season. Still liked it. Had me glued to the screen pretty much, as it had been over two years since I watched it, and it's not really a story that is easy to remember, I mean not all the details at least. Looking forward to watching the first episode of season two tomorrow. Not gonna watch it today, waiting to watch it with the mrs. And I'm not gonna allow her to pull the same stunt again.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Saw season two episode one just now. Loved the scene with Loki and Mobius and Orobouros set simultaneously across two separate time zones.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Lol! I've just read back through this entire thread, and was so surprised to read my own negative comments. Then the one two comments ago where I said I 'still liked it". Lol! Evidently I had forgotten about all the negative things I had said, somehow had a memory of liking the show, then rewatched it and absolutely loved it. Very peculiar.

Anyway, I watched the entire season 2 now as well and found it thoroughly enjoyable. You never quite know what's going to happen. I'm guessing this will also be the final season, the way they ended it.