Just when you thought it was safe to walk through New York- Sharknado II is coming!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Poor Brian J Smith...

View attachment 28411

He is quickly becoming typecast as a B-movie actor. If SGU had taken off, he would have had a shot at perhaps a near-leading actor. He could EASILY have filled the niche that Sam Worthington now fills in Avatar, and IMO he would have done a better job in Terminator 4 than Worthington did. But Sammy got there first..

I agree in many respects. As much as I hated SGU, and as lame as I found the character of Lt. Scott, I think BJS turned out to be a fairly good actor. Even his performance in DEFIANCE was okay despite the show being a steaming pile of crap. But like you said he's fast becoming known as a B-movie actor. Not a good thing in my estimation, but it's his career so more power to him if that's what he likes. Mommy will just have to get used to the fact her B-level actor son won't be able to afford beachfront property in Malibu. :winking0052:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I agree in many respects. As much as I hated SGU, and as lame as I found the character of Lt. Scott, I think BJS turned out to be a fairly good actor. Even his performance in DEFIANCE was okay despite the show being a steaming pile of crap. But like you said he's fast becoming known as a B-movie actor. Not a good thing in my estimation, but it's his career so more power to him if that's what he likes. Mommy will just have to get used to the fact her B-level actor son won't be able to afford beachfront property in Malibu. :winking0052:

I totally agree with this. :) Brian is a much better actor than the rest of the young cast of SGU. Although Louis Ferreria is not bad for the older set. I still don't understand why Robert Carlyle was cast in that show as it's star. He just does not seem to have a huge range of acting IMO. But I have seen Smith in other B-movie stuff, and he does quite well. If he could only get into an A-list movie, he could make the jump to an A-list actor.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Hey, why you hatin' on our SyFy gigs, man? Beverly Hills 90210 ain't putting cheddar in our pockets no more. After all, a "hacktor" has gotta eat. :winking0052:

article-0-1A38AF43000005DC-142_634x488.jpg

At least those guys can act. It's the flaky unknown actors cast around them that suck balls.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Hey don't be hating on the former teen "idols" they still gotta pay for the botox and hair implants! :P It is quite amusing to see who crawls out of the woodwork for some of these movies. Hubby loves stupid scifi and a couple of christmases ago snookie got him a 7 pack of stupid scifi (for abt $5 for all of them!) and one said "starring Peter Fonda"-- he put in about 20 mins of work (his scene was abt 4 mins long) and got star billing- good way to make some $$ I guess. But hey now a bunch of non-actors can claim they "were in a movie starring Peter Fonda!". :P