Joseph Mallozzi: Why wont you tell the fans that YOU DO NOT OWN STARGATE? Why hide the TRUTH?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
But they do not have that influence at all. Where would it come from? Brad Wright and Joseph Mallozzi are writers/producers HIRED by the old MGM more than a decade ago to write Stargate. They not only destroyed the franchise, but they are stubbornly trying to revive their cancelled, failed show. If anything, they are being BLAMED for its failure by execs. They have NO INFLUENCE whatsoever. They already used their influence to change the direction of the Stargate franchise and they destroyed it. They have been fired.

It never fails to amaze me how many uninformed fans take Mallozzi and Brad at their word. Did Brannon Braga have a say in what was going to happen with Trek after he destroyed the Trek TV franchise with Enterprise? How many writers/producers have been hired and fired to write the Batman movies? WHY have they been rotating them? You need to look deeper into these things before making statements like you did. So....

REALITY CHECK:

Joseph Mallozzi and Brad Wright have NO say about Stargate's future.
Joseph Mallozzi and Brad Wright have NO INFLUENCE and DO NOT MAKE DECISIONS AT ALL.
Stargate belongs to MGM and they do not need to consult with Brad or Joe on any level at all.

Ah okay, well I was slightly misguided.JM in his blog seems to write in authority.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Mallozzi is indeed a hired hand, as he didn't even join the show until season 4 of SG1.

Funny how people seem to think that he was there from the inception of the television show. Funnier still that some people seem to forget that the entire Stargate idea was from something created by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin as a movie.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Mallozzi is indeed a hired hand, as he didn't even join the show until season 4 of SG1.

Funny how people seem to think that he was there from the inception of the television show. Funnier still that some people seem to forget that the entire Stargate idea was from something created by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin as a movie.

And I seem to remember when I listened to their movie DVD special features comments they weren't happy about what Glasner & Wright had done to it. I wonder what their take on Pooniverse is?

S

Stonelesscutter

And I seem to remember when I listened to their movie DVD special features comments they weren't happy about what Glasner & Wright had done to it. I wonder what their take on Pooniverse is?

We should petition Emmerich to make a new Stargate movie.
Do you think you can find out exactly which special feature has the comments you are referring to?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They announced their intentions to do two movie sequels at the San Diego Comic Con in 2006.

Do you think you can find out exactly which special feature has the comments you are referring to?

They themselves said they wanted to do it, way back in 2006. It resurfaced again in 2008 so its NOT dead. Brad Wright has been blocking it (for obvious reasons). But with him being fired it might happen after all! :) Here are a couple of articles:

In 2006:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/23934

In 2008:

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2008/12/08/dean-devlin-wants-to-make-stargate-sequel/

There is more on the internet, just got to Google them. :). As long as there was a Stargate show in production, Emmerich and Devlin were being shushed and pushed aside because Brad had control of the Stargate franchise (by proxy). But now that is all over. Brad is basically impotent now, and MGM will most likely seek other avenues for Stargate which do NOT include him or his cronies. They almost made Stargate worthless!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
What's interesting about the whole Emmerich/Devlin thing with the series, is that though offered a show credit when SG1 first hit the air, they declined.

Ouch.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I dont blame them!

What's interesting about the whole Emmerich/Devlin thing with the series, is that though offered a show credit when SG1 first hit the air, they declined.

Ouch.

Brad was miffed even then, because later after Devlin and Emmerich said they wanted to do sequels, Brad said they couldnt even if they wanted to (because he had control of the rights at that time from MGM). Arrogant bastard! Google will find all sorts of shit on this issue. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Brad was miffed even then, because later after Devlin and Emmerich said they wanted to do sequels, Brad said they couldnt even if they wanted to (because he had control of the rights at that time from MGM). Arrogant bastard! Google will find all sorts of shit on this issue. :)
How much in the way of rights to the show does RDA retain?

I'd love to know what's going on with the rights, now that SGU is gone, the writers and showrunners have been given their walking papers, and MGM has 1. gone through bankruptcy and 2. been bought by Spyglass Entertainment.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob

Haven't a clue. It was in the director's cut voiceover. They really didn't say much except to give the impression they were pissed.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Joseph Mallozzi, I certainly hope SOMEBODY on your blog will ask you the questions that nobody seems to be asking you directly. The fans who have been with this for a while already know the cold hard TRUTH, which is the following:

• You do NOT control the Stargate name, the Stargate license or Stargate productions.
  • You are NOT a decision maker with regard to what movies get made and which dont, or who will write them or star in them.
  • You have no power to "shelve" any script belonging to MGM.
  • You do NOT get to set priorities for any Stargate movie which might be made or not made.
  • You are technically no more than an employee of MGM as a contractor, and your contract has been terminated.
So, when somebody finally challenges...er....asks you directly about these things, what are you going to say? Are you going to lie or waffle and avoid like you usually do? But more directly, why are you purposely misleading your blog readers and the naive SGU fans who dont have enough curiosity to check out the facts? But thats what this site does, and Im going there. First, the facts:

MGM owns all rights to Stargate...AND Stargate Universe:

Stargate Universe and SGU TM & © 2010 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

MGM Global owns all the copyrights for visual and literal elements of Stargate.

And as far as I can tell from using crawlers and making a few calls, there is NO contract between you and MGM which would grant you powers to "shelve" or green-light ANYTHING having to do with Stargate. If movies are going to be made, then MGM will decide if they want to use THEIR scripts (yes, that includes Extinction too), or if they want to do something entirely different. Just because you want SGU to be a movie, and just because the sets are up doesnt really mean anything but hope...for YOU. In reality, those sets are now costing MGM money to maintain at Bridge, and SGU has been cancelled. You are telling your blog readers that "you are concentrating on SGU and SGU alone" means NOTHING to the studio. You can think whatever the hell you want to think but you do NOT call the shots, mkay? When are you gonna fess up?

Brad's buddies at MGM have been fired. His connections with execs were from the OLD, spendthrift MGM which went bankrupt. Bankrolling SGU sight unseen was part of that old MGM culture. But now, you have "money people" at the top watching for a decent return on investment, and SGU is simply not a vehicle for that. Nope, you are protecting THIS:

View attachment 24354

That office exists because you were Executive Producer for Stargate Universe, and that show has now been cancelled. It doesnt take rocket science to put the "puzzle" together and solve it. I could have had some sympathy for you, but you are...well...an asshole. :icon_e_wink:. You have been nothing but snarly and rude and condescending to the very fans who are responsible for your former fame. We have served justice. But now its time to clarify the situation for the fans.

Somebody is going to ask you if any of this is valid. We will be watching for your answers (as always). If you try to censor them, they will come here, and they will be able to speak out regardless of any censorship on your blog or on Gateworld. Its time to fess up, Joe.

Tell em, Joe...its that time.

man, 2010!!!

old school GF's