If you were Brad Wright/Robert C Cooper,what would you have done "differently"

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
:icon_lol:. Yeah. Basically I would condense down about 30+ episodes so far down into about 8. SGU has so much pointless filler that the amount the overall story arc has actually advanced in a season and a half is pathetically miniscule.

You're being far too kind suggesting any advancement at all.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
You're being far too kind suggesting any advancement at all.

Well.......
The story has advanced IMO, but at a rate that makes continental drift seem rapid. Just so much wasted time and energy is really sad. More than anything else, that is what really annoys me with SGU, I can SEE where it could have been a excellent successor to the stargate legacy, but it just wasn't, and it's infuriating.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Well.......
The story has advanced IMO, but at a rate that makes continental drift seem rapid. Just so much wasted time and energy is really sad. More than anything else, that is what really annoys me with SGU, I can SEE where it could have been a excellent successor to the stargate legacy, but it just wasn't, and it's infuriating.

I agree it had lots of potential. I liked the premise because it caters to the curiosity of the unknown and suggests a fantastic adventure beyond anything we can imagine. Had it not been a vanity project to cope with Wright's mid-life crisis, it may actually have been good. Stupid is as stupid does.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I agree it had lots of potential. I liked the premise because it caters to the curiosity of the unknown and suggests a fantastic adventure beyond anything we can imagine. Had it not been a vanity project to cope with Wright's mid-life crisis, it may actually have been good. Stupid is as stupid does.

Well I may not be a smart man, But I know when to get outta dodge:robertcooper:

Run Robert Run!!