If TPTB pull a rabbit out of the hat and make an Atlantis movie, would you watch SGU Season 2.5?

If TPTB make an Atlantis movie, would you consider watching SGU in season 2.5 to get more?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Why do you want SGU -- a failed series -- to get a "decent" ending when it clearly isn't worthy of one?

And as for content, you do realize that in order to wrap up all the bullshit story lines and loose ends in SGU they would have to write an ending that would be laughably rushed and forced. I'd love to know how, in the space of a 90 minute movie they could suddenly have all the neurotic, sociopathic ******** on Destiny change stripes and become one big loving family. It would be a crapfest. :icon_lol:

Because "worthy" is simply an opinion and mine is that I enjoy SGU as well as SGA. Therefore I want it to get a decent ending.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why?

Because "worthy" is simply an opinion and mine is that I enjoy SGU as well as SGA. Therefore I want it to get a decent ending.

Isnt that sorta like trying to combine Harry Potter and Firefly into a single movie? SGU is not Stargate. So, Stargate Atlantis can have an ending separately from SGU. Personally, for me SGU is already ended and over. The rustbucket just continues to drift aimlessly through space like it has for the last few million years, but now there are skeletons onboard.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Isnt that sorta like trying to combine Harry Potter and Firefly into a single movie? SGU is not Stargate. So, Stargate Atlantis can have an ending separately from SGU. Personally, for me SGU is already ended and over. The rustbucket just continues to drift aimlessly through space like it has for the last few million years, but now there are skeletons onboard.

I didn't mean the same ending. I just wanted endings for both.

Will

GateFans Noob
If they really must use the SGA movie to wrap up SGU, then a couple of lines would be more than adequate:

Sheppard: Gee, we really coulda used that Destiny bunch finding some ultra advanced weaponry over there and getting it back here to help us fight these wraith.

Sheppard and McKay look morose for a short moment.

McKay: Yeah, well, they didn't. Shame about those guys really. All those weeks fighting each other for control of that ship, only for them all to get incinerated when the shields failed during refuelling. But then it's not like someone didn't predict that was going to happen eventually...I mean what kind of stupid ancient designed a ship that requires immense amounts of fuel to power a shield that's needed to protect it from being destroyed while it gathers that fuel?

Sheppard: Yeah. Anyway, I'm hungry. Lunch?

Sheppard and McKay walk off towards the mess hall. The Destiny and its crew are never mentioned again.

Any more alternative endings, anyone? :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

And how do you expect SGU to get a satisfactory, "decent" ending that meets with your approval?

I have explained (and you have ignored) the fact that SGU is so convoluted and has so many story lines and character "issues" to deal with that it would be impossible to make a movie that could address them all in a believable fashion. Granted, we don't know what the final 10 episodes hold in terms of story lines and character development at this point but from all reports it sounds like the writing stayed the same and the characters were still fucked up messes and the story ends on a cliff hanger. Quite simply, it sounds like season 2 ends with a lot of unresolved crapola and it's doubtful a movie could clean up the mess in a satisfactory way. It simply won't be believable to have all the characters join hands and sing a song of brotherhood and good will, which is what a movie would require in order to get them all home, either that or have them kill each other off. No matter, it will be laughably contrived as endings go, but hey, if you're cool with that then more power to ya buddy. ;)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
And how do you expect SGU to get a satisfactory, "decent" ending that meets with your approval?

I have explained (and you have ignored) the fact that SGU is so convoluted and has so many story lines and character "issues" to deal with that it would be impossible to make a movie that could address them all in a believable fashion. Granted, we don't know what the final 10 episodes hold in terms of story lines and character development at this point but from all reports it sounds like the writing stayed the same and the characters were still fucked up messes and the story ends on a cliff hanger. Quite simply, it sounds like season 2 ends with a lot of unresolved crapola and it's doubtful a movie could clean up the mess in a satisfactory way. It simply won't be believable to have all the characters join hands and sing a song of brotherhood and good will, which is what a movie would require in order to get them all home, either that or have them kill each other off. No matter, it will be laughably contrived as endings go, but hey, if you're cool with that then more power to ya buddy. ;)

An ending doesn't have to resolve everything to be decent. A good story that doesn't end on a cliffhanger would be more satisfying than the end of season 2 which does.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hahahahahahahahaha! Made my day!

If they really must use the SGA movie to wrap up SGU, then a couple of lines would be more than adequate:

Sheppard: Gee, we really coulda used that Destiny bunch finding some ultra advanced weaponry over there and getting it back here to help us fight these wraith.

Sheppard and McKay look morose for a short moment.

McKay: Yeah, well, they didn't. Shame about those guys really. All those weeks fighting each other for control of that ship, only for them all to get incinerated when the shields failed during refuelling. But then it's not like someone didn't predict that was going to happen eventually...I mean what kind of stupid ancient designed a ship that requires immense amounts of fuel to power a shield that's needed to protect it from being destroyed while it gathers that fuel?

Sheppard: Yeah. Anyway, I'm hungry. Lunch?

Sheppard and McKay walk off towards the mess hall. The Destiny and its crew are never mentioned again.

Any more alternative endings, anyone? :)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::icon_lol:

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I vote maybe. I would however only watch it at least two weeks after it aired and fast forward not just the commercials, but also most of the show. It's so freakin' slow moving you can watch the entire show in fast forward and still know what happened.

ginogoneforever

GateFans Noob
And the impact that will have on their credibility will make it real easy to find other jobs...

Will, you totally beat me to it! :icon_e_smile: They're gonna have a hard time finding employment as is. If they sabotage the SG franchise even further, alienating even more fans, they'll be blacklisted from the business, especially within the science fiction/fantasy genre.

zzbeach

GateFans Noob
The Poll Should Really Say....

Would You Buy SGU Items In Order To Spport An Atlantis Movie?

Tuning into SGU if I've got nothing better to do isn't asking me for much. Buying SGU Season 2.5 is another matter. I think sooner or later Wright and company will make the case for us fans to buy SGU episodes so that the profits could fund an Atlantis movie. If he can say the low ratings for SGU ruined an Atlanis movie, he'll use the sales of SGU seasons 1 and 2 to entice Atlantis fans to buy them in order to get the movie we were promised.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Bait & Switch

Would You Buy SGU Items In Order To Spport An Atlantis Movie?

Tuning into SGU if I've got nothing better to do isn't asking me for much. Buying SGU Season 2.5 is another matter. I think sooner or later Wright and company will make the case for us fans to buy SGU episodes so that the profits could fund an Atlantis movie. If he can say the low ratings for SGU ruined an Atlanis movie, he'll use the sales of SGU seasons 1 and 2 to entice Atlantis fans to buy them in order to get the movie we were promised.

............ & then renege on the deal (not that it would even be their intention to follow through on it).

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
If TPTB pull a rabbit out of the hat.....

more like out of their butts! :P

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Just a movie that resolves the danger from the Season 2 finale and wraps up a few things (say the aliens from faith) while telling a good story. The show might not get the chance to end completely but a finale of sorts for fans would be better place to leave the show than a cliffhanger ending which is essentially ending mid-scene.

Trouble is we don't know how season 2 ends do we? JM hyped up season 1 finale and to me it was a massive let down. Season 2 could end with no great cliffhanger anyway ( or at least what I consider a cliffhanger) the editing could solve some storylines I imagine.

LAWL

GateFans Noob
From what Mozzie has been saying on his blog, ex. "Brad has some wonderful surprises in store for fans of SGU (as well as fans of the Stargate franchise in general)", it does indeed sound to me like their plan is to smear SGpoo on SGA or SG-1. :facepalm:

SparklyPinkUnicorn

GateFans Member
I'm gonna call you "Bella" cuz that's a pretty name!

..and I'll never get back those ten hours wasted on watching SGU.

Well iggly squiggly piddly poo, Bella is such a pretty name and I'm pleased to meet you! :)

Don't feel bad about wasting 10 hours on SGU Bella wella pittipat ella! There's much worse ways to spend your time -- like being chained to a pumping wheel that feeds precious unicorn blood thru the pipes leading up to the GateWorld lounge where the evil overlords can drink their gluttonous fill.

So, next time you have 10 hours to spend why don't you think about gum drops and cotton candy, honey pots and pretty flowers! It's a much better use of your time Bella ella widdly woo! I love penny candy and so do you!
:joy:

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Well iggly squiggly piddly poo, Bella is such a pretty name and I'm pleased to meet you! :)

Don't feel bad about wasting 10 hours on SGU Bella wella pittipat ella! There's much worse ways to spend your time -- like being chained to a pumping wheel that feeds precious unicorn blood thru the pipes leading up to the GateWorld lounge where the evil overlords can drink their gluttonous fill.

So, next time you have 10 hours to spend why don't you think about gum drops and cotton candy, honey pots and pretty flowers! It's a much better use of your time Bella ella widdly woo! I love penny candy and so do you!
:joy:
Diabetes is preventable.

SparklyPinkUnicorn

GateFans Member
Hi there Mister Aragon Paragon Wearable Woo~

Diabetes is preventable.

Hello Mister Aragon Maragon Googly Goo! I'm sweet as sugar and so are you! :)

Diabetes is bad but I try not to think about bad things having spent the last 2 years of my life imprisoned in a bad place called GateWorld. Besides, unicorns can't get diabetes, silly. The only affliction we get is called LOVE! And I lovesy wovsey all my new friends here because they aren't big meanings like those scary monsters at GateWorld -- and so far no one here has attached electrodes to my ibly wibbly nether parts and tortured me until I scream, so I'm as happy as a puppy running thru a field of lollipops!
:D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LMAO! You are very obvious, but Im waiting to see what you are going to do with that sharpened horn!

Hello Mister Aragon Maragon Googly Goo! I'm sweet as sugar and so are you! :)

Diabetes is bad but I try not to think about bad things having spent the last 2 years of my life imprisoned in a bad place called GateWorld. Besides, unicorns can't get diabetes, silly. The only affliction we get is called LOVE! And I lovesy wovsey all my new friends here because they aren't big meanings like those scary monsters at GateWorld -- and so far no one here has attached electrodes to my ibly wibbly nether parts and tortured me until I scream, so I'm as happy as a puppy running thru a field of lollipops!
:D

OMG, you are so obvious! :) But Im waiting to see how you are going to use your recently sharpened horn. WELCOME to the site!

:welcomewagon:

Please be advised that there is a nice protected area on this site and all of the lollipop bushes, cotton candy clouds and sugar puff trees are protected. :icon_e_biggrin:

unicorn_rainbow1.jpg

SparklyPinkUnicorn

GateFans Member
Well howdy do Mister Overmind!

OMG, you are so obvious! :) But Im waiting to see how you are going to use your recently sharpened horn. WELCOME to the site!

:welcomewagon:

Please be advised that there is a nice protected area on this site and all of the lollipop bushes, cotton candy clouds and sugar puff trees are protected. :icon_e_biggrin:

View attachment 3191

Thank you for the nice welcome my iggly wiggly lollipop friend! :D It's so nice to be here compared to the dungeons at Gate World. Why, I've been here for a few hours now and not even one person has beaten me with a rolled up SGU script or tried to shove a kino ball into my lower intestine -- the hard way. ;) So I'm thrilled to be in such a wonderful place now!

Oh and thank you for the tip about the Flame Free forum but there will be no need of that with me for you see, I'm a sparkly pink unicorn and we're filled with love and kindness and only have good things to say about humans.

And thank you most especially for the picture of my fellow unicorn! We're magnificent creatures, aren't we? We're full of love and laughter and jelly beans and marshmallow creme! -- And we wish nothing but love and soda pop kisses on all our fellow SGU.S members. :)

You're the bestest Mister Overmind! Thank you for making me feel extra specially special! :joy: