I have a terrible confession to make

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Last week I succumbed to the temptation both of family prodding and having some promotional dollars. I...I...(cue weeping and shameful look in tear streaked eyes) bought a New iPad...

What can I say? I had some Apple Store promo dollars from my employer. Still getting the feel of it but I can already say the build quality is top notch and the display is really impressive.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I also got one (OM1, please forgive me!)

At least yours probably isn't the stupidly expensive one, like mine is...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I am got the base model with wifi and 16gb internal storage.

Like I said the display is stunning.. The resolution works out to 1250p and color gamut is full RGB.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
As terrible confessions go that's not so bad. Heck, last year my mom told me that my great great great great (great?) grandma owned slaves, even showed me the census details from like 1810 where she had listed them. She lived in NY no less, go figure.

My shame trumps your shame -- I win. :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The kid and I got the 64gb 4G/Wifi ones in black.

I have the first generation iPad as well, and have been using that one to work on my novels when I'm away from my desktop or laptop and a wild hair takes me.

The app I use to write on it, Documents to Go, has yet to be upgraded for use on the latest generation iPad, so I'm having to use the old one for that until they get off their butts and get that done. :P

S

Stonelesscutter

As terrible confessions go that's not so bad. Heck, last year my mom told me that my great great great great (great?) grandma owned slaves, even showed me the census details from like 1810 where she had listed them. She lived in NY no less, go figure.

Are we gonna be measuring our shame now?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Dutch slaves?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I guess I should feel less ashamed and stop weeping about buying Apple tech....maybe stop being an EMO lobster?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I thought you had to be EMO to buy Apple? :confused: :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I thought you had to be EMO to buy Apple? :confused: :D

No doubt, no doubt.

On the other hand, maybe the Lobster is EMO because it is going to be fighting Godzilla. And with Godzilla having the ability to breathe fire coupled with the problems crustaceans have with heat...well you know the rest.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Last week I succumbed to the temptation both of family prodding and having some promotional dollars. I...I...(cue weeping and shameful look in tear streaked eyes) bought a New iPad...

What can I say? I had some Apple Store promo dollars from my employer. Still getting the feel of it but I can already say the build quality is top notch and the display is really impressive.

Oh, the Humanity! :facepalm: :P. I hate Apple, not all of its products. :) The iPad is a decent device for the average tablet user. If you have no need to install special tools, and no desire to customize it or have control over it, Apple is the best choice. But if you are buying specs or power, leave the iPad home. The Samsung Galaxy Tab runs circles around it on every level. That is why Apple has been relentlessly attacking it in global markets. Android is the cutting edge now, and Apple is playing catch up. But still, it is a great and amazing device. Just not the BEST one.

I also got one (OM1, please forgive me!)

At least yours probably isn't the stupidly expensive one, like mine is...

I saw your other one before I got my tablet, and I loved it! Thing is, the new one looks like iPad 2. :)

I am got the base model with wifi and 16gb internal storage.

Like I said the display is stunning.. The resolution works out to 1250p and color gamut is full RGB.

Pffft. Just put a 32GB mini SD card in that puppy and....wait.....I forgot you cant put a mini SD card in iPads. In fact, you cannot even open it. :rononwhistle: :P

Im gonna be the worm in your Apples! :icon_razz:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Dutch slaves?

Oh heavens no! They're far too unruly to tame. One's arm will grow fatigued in no time when applying the "discipline stick" to their leathery and unruly backsides. It's a futile effort with them. Best just to cordon off the country and leave them to themselves.

That said, I now return this thread to it's proper theme. Sorry for the thread drift. ;)