General Discussion & Recap/Review Thread: SGU Episode 08 - "Malice"

webduelist

GateFans Noob

ok well let me start off by saying I have given SGU plenty of time, I liked episode 207, but this, this was the biggest pile I have seen come from a tv show since The Caveman show. Can they not freaking see that this shit is not working, kill off like-able characters and oh lets see make people break down during a revenge mission and talk about there feeling the other 90% of the time. Lets get real here, im giving SGU one more week if 209 is not at least on par with 207 or 101 I'm done, well maybe 2 weeks then the break starts anyways, so ya 2 weeks.

Highpoint of the episode
"is it something we can barbecue?"

Low point
Everything else.

mai

GateFans Noob
I liked this episode they killed of a bunch of characters though i liked Ginn but i thought it was good zimian died i realy hated him and the way rush killed him was a good kill lol.

I hated 90% of the episodes so far but the last two been pretty decent compared to the rest , maybe its because the others were so bad and this was somewhat decent.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I liked this episode they killed of a bunch of characters though i liked Ginn but i thought it was good zimian died i realy hated him and the way rush killed him was a good kill lol.

I hated 90% of the episodes so far but the last two been pretty decent compared to the rest , maybe its because the others were so bad and this was somewhat decent.

No, last week's episode blew goats. It blew goats so much you could actually hear a goat moaning in the background.

Red Mage

Boney
Potential but still fell flat

This episode really had quite a bit of potential to have a classic Stargate manhunt style episode like Runner, Instinct or Tracker etc. The problem here lies in the execution.

We just don't care about the characters. Simeon had no build up of his character. Towards the end of the episode he taunts Rush like they are mortal rivals. There's really no reason for there to be such hatred between the two characters since they haven't interacted at all prior to this episode. He's a douche for sure but the drive to catch him wasn't exactly imperative. If he got away there is no way he would ever be able to get back to the Milky Way and his LA buddies. The only reason to capture him alive is that he knows details on some dubious LA attack on Earth in which he would probably swallow a cyanide tablet in his pocket before revealing any details if he was indeed captured again. A more logical way to figure out details on this attack would be to send spies to Ginn and Simeon's home planet to infiltrate and get intel.

These manhunt episodes usually have an interesting B plot. In Runner in addition to looking for Ford, the cast ran into Ronan and dealt with his issues. In Instinct while the cast was looking for that stray wraith, there was Elia and the retrovirus subplot. Here instead of a decent B plot, we get treated to tons of Eli grieving and whining. It was horrible because David Blue's acting was not even remotely convincing. On that note Robert Carlyle's crying scene was quite poor as well. We also see brief sequences Lt TJ Johannsen MD with her full medical bay of supplies again which seems to expanded even futher. Chloe continues her newly found role as a math savant in which everyone is somehow afraid of although she has barely done anything to warrant such suspicion. also, Michael Dopud makes another brief 1 minute appearance. Of course he's completely nice to Young and wants to help out but is relegated to the sidelines yet again...

The actual planet action was okay. Too much aimless walking around on a barren planet but there was enough guns and explosions to keep it interesting. However, Simeons demise was extremely anticlimatic. He met his end against a very poorly rendered CGI stampede of silly looking animals.

This could have been a decent episode if they cut out Eli's subplot and had spent a decent time actually developing Simeon prior to this episode. Alas, this episode had potential to be fairly good but it's execution ultimately failed.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
No, last week's episode blew goats. It blew goats so much you could actually hear a goat moaning in the background.

HAHA
I haven't seen the ep yet, but that comment got me thinking of the "Donkey Party" from Clerks 2
:facepalm::eek::rotflmao:

Loheat

GateFans Cadet
I still have no idea how to react to this episode. At first I was pissed because Simeon took out those guards way too easily, he just shuts the lights out, walks up and shoots them. Apparently all guards do is stand in one spot not watching the entrances to the rooms they are in.
Then we get to the part on the planet where we see Simeon planted a mine on Park, which Rush manages to defuse and throw just far enough away for a nice slow-mo explosion shot. While it was good quality wise, reminded me of the Hurt Locker, it was kind of cheesy.

But then Rush, Greer, and Scott wander aimlessly around the planet, and even have time to check out some dinosaurs (which was cool) chat about Destiny's mission, and for Rush to have a nice little cry out in the open, not behind any cover. So Simeon misses them and they get pinned down, they call James to flank him, but Rush is fiddling with the kino and tells them to stop. Too late, que another slow mo explosion, this time injuring James. Of course Rush is lying about something again, and they bicker again. Would it kill them to stay focused on the guy who just killed 4 people on Destiny and could be behind the next big rock out there? Later they catch up to Simeon, and Greer under orders wounds him instead of killing him. Rush gets pissed and pushes Greer. Distracted by Rush, Greer gets shot.
So Rush goes off alone and squares off with Simeon, with a nice little shootout where Rush shows his poor accuracy with a pistol, and Simeon half-assedly hipfires back. And Rush's big plan is to detonate C4 near a horde of dinosaurs, which stamped and trample Simeon. Rush shoots him in the face to finish him off.
Not to mention Chloe comes in and saves the day at the last minute. Again

That part about the dinosaurs I really wish I were making up, I have no idea what the hell to make of it. This episode was indeed executed poorly, and there are a number of things that felt off. The few bright spots were TJ's scenes in the infirmary, and Varro's very very short scene. This episode was okay, just felt really off

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
I was going to write my own recap but found that you did a really great job of pointing things out Metroid. I'm still shocked each time I watch SGU that they are so ham fisted with the writing and "plotting" (let's be honest, there is no plot).

This episode really had quite a bit of potential to have a classic Stargate manhunt style episode like Runner, Instinct or Tracker etc. The problem here lies in the execution.

We just don't care about the characters. Simeon had no build up of his character. Towards the end of the episode he taunts Rush like they are mortal rivals. There's really no reason for there to be such hatred between the two characters since they haven't interacted at all prior to this episode. He's a douche for sure but the drive to catch him wasn't exactly imperative. If he got away there is no way he would ever be able to get back to the Milky Way and his LA buddies. The only reason to capture him alive is that he knows details on some dubious LA attack on Earth in which he would probably swallow a cyanide tablet in his pocket before revealing any details if he was indeed captured again. A more logical way to figure out details on this attack would be to send spies to Ginn and Simeon's home planet to infiltrate and get intel.

These manhunt episodes usually have an interesting B plot. In Runner in addition to looking for Ford, the cast ran into Ronan and dealt with his issues. In Instinct while the cast was looking for that stray wraith, there was Elia and the retrovirus subplot. Here instead of a decent B plot, we get treated to tons of Eli grieving and whining. It was horrible because David Blue's acting was not even remotely convincing. On that note Robert Carlyle's crying scene was quite poor as well. We also see brief sequences Lt TJ Johannsen MD with her full medical bay of supplies again which seems to expanded even futher. Chloe continues her newly found role as a math savant in which everyone is somehow afraid of although she has barely done anything to warrant such suspicion. also, Michael Dopud makes another brief 1 minute appearance. Of course he's completely nice to Young and wants to help out but is relegated to the sidelines yet again...

The actual planet action was okay. Too much aimless walking around on a barren planet but there was enough guns and explosions to keep it interesting. However, Simeons demise was extremely anticlimatic. He met his end against a very poorly rendered CGI stampede of silly looking animals.

This could have been a decent episode if they cut out Eli's subplot and had spent a decent time actually developing Simeon prior to this episode. Alas, this episode had potential to be fairly good but it's execution ultimately failed.

Again, such good points you make.

It just amazes me that grown adults actually get paid good money to write such sloppy, illogical crap and have it produced without question as a TV show. I mean really, how is it possible that they expect us, the viewers, to give a hard turd for some minor characters that haven't been developed at all? And I'm still trying to figure out why they hired Robert Knepper to play a role that was essentially wallpaper. I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that the people writing and producing this shit don't know how bad it is and how obviously lost they are in the writing process.

And David Blue is now, officially, a bad actor in my eyes. The last couple episodes confirm that. He over acts and isn't believable in so many scenes. I'm sorry but there is no way in hell that I can gin up (pardon the pun) sympathy for Eli over losing Ginn when all I've ever seen is him kiss her -- once! Suddenly I'm supposed to believe that he's all distraught over losing her? WTF? I don't think so.

The only good parts in the episode were the "barbecue" comment and the fact that Rush actually gave a satisfying ending to Simeon. I absolutely hate that shit where they never kill the bad guy and always do the right thing, blah blah blah. Screw that crap! The bullet in his head was exactly how it should have ended. Rush's motivations though weren't that believable, but they were more believable than Eli's.

Oh, and I love how Greer gets shot and is bleeding like a mofo. I'm sure by next week he'll be good as new though what with TJ having that state of the art hospital at her disposal. I love the endless supply of drip bags they have, because we all know every emergency first aid kit has a couple of those in it.
:roll:

Someone, please, cancel this turd before it insults us further.

Oh yeah, I love how Chloe is suddenly a math whiz but is also dumb as a box of rocks at the same time. I half expected her to twirl her hair and chew bubblegum while doing the math equations.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The episode would have been better if Eli had found Simeon and killed him by smothering him with his belly. At least that would have provoked a real reaction out of people. Plus let's have Chloe (er, Chloverine) grow some gills or something more outwardly fishy.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
There are some interesting fun facts I've learned while watching this episode.

Getting shot in the shoulder kills you, unless you are a main character and not wearing body armour.

Simeon switches from a G36K rifle to a UMP45 submachine gun. Both of which get left behind, which brings the question of how many of those weapons do they have since only Greer and Scott were the only ones to board Destiny with G36K's and Young with his UMP45.

Lt. James having just been in close proximity to a mine detonation doesn't have any side effects such as hearing loss disorientation etc. Couple of scenes later her clothing once covered in debris and blood on her face has magically disappeared like she took a trip down to the dry cleaners and had a shower or something. Her helmet is squeeky clean also after the encounter.

Chloe is now officially a rip off Summer Glau's character River. Only in trance mode, when she phases out she is about as useful as a fish net condom in a village full of Catholics.

The slow motion effect, well once is enough twice is just playing with yourself.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
There are some interesting fun facts I've learned while watching this episode.

Getting shot in the shoulder kills you, unless you are a main character and not wearing body armour.

Simeon switches from a G36K rifle to a UMP45 submachine gun. Both of which get left behind, which brings the question of how many of those weapons do they have since only Greer and Scott were the only ones to board Destiny with G36K's and Young with his UMP45.

Lt. James having just been in close proximity to a mine detonation doesn't have any side effects such as hearing loss disorientation etc. Couple of scenes later her clothing once covered in debris and blood on her face has magically disappeared like she took a trip down to the dry cleaners and had a shower or something. Her helmet is squeeky clean also after the encounter.

Chloe is now officially a rip off Summer Glau's character River. Only in trance mode, when she phases out she is about as useful as a fish net condom in a village full of Catholics.

The slow motion effect, well once is enough twice is just playing with yourself.

That statement is pure fucking GOLD!!

images

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
so another pile of shit once more?

Whilst I haven't seen it yet, the response seems to be "it coulda been good but its either "too late" or "not enough" " I'm interested in seeing the ep for myself when it airs here just to make an accurate assesment. Personally, I think it will fall somewhere between the 2.

Jason1983

GateFans Noob
My 2 Cents.

It was ok...not great like previous Stargate episodes like Sateda or Runner. There was enough suspense and firefights in the episode to keep me interested.
I just don't have a strong connection to the characters of this show to really care about them...some of them are more interesting than others....I thought Rush was alright in this episode.
I was hoping after last weeks episode where we found out about the mission of the Destiny that the show would focus on that but instead we got the "Wrath of Rush."
I'm guessing they will focus on the mission in the next 2 episodes. Its just hard for me to imagine how the writers are going to stretch this story out for five seasons (completing Destinys mission)...I mean if it did get 5 seasons. It's also kind of hard for me to still care about this show knowing that its likely going to be cancelled.

Anyway there is my 2 cents. Goodnight.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This episode dragged and opened new plot holes.

I didnt like this episode. Too much forced drama and really REALLY bad acting on Eli's part (David Blue). He was totally unbelievable channeling McKay on the bridge, trying to be "hurt and angry" and playing the restrained avenger of his beloved Ginn. I mean, they met and looked at pictures and Ginn saw a video of Eli and saw his sensitive side then gave it up to him. And that makes for a deep and binding love? Nah. Rush, however, made a convincing stab at a revengeful lover. But the story didnt make sense to me because of the behavior of the ship and the bridge crew.

plotholes.jpg

1. So, the ship needed to stay in FTL for a "minimum of 4 hours" before it could reset the clock? WTF use is a countdown clock on a ship which has a bridge where all the controls are supposed to be?
  2. Previously when Rush dropped the ship out of FTL, the clock stopped or did not activate. Why is this an issue now? So Chloe can use her *River from Firefly* powers to solve the problem.
  3. Too much wandering around aimlessly on the planet (to take advantage of the New Mexico locale perhaps?). It was filler and dragged the episode so much I forwarded past it. If they had a kino, they didnt need to wander so much.
Simeon wasnt ever fleshed out, he was just a generic bad guy who was hellbent on making trouble. The hunt and the interaction between him and Rush and throughout the time he was in this show made no sense. Its been obvious sense the Lucian Alliance came on the ship that the producers are trying to set up some earth attack down the line. But its not working. I dont care about it. The earth in this show is not the same earth that SG-1 and Atlantis are on. :) Not much in this show works.

The beginnings of a Volker/Parks ship is starting :roll:. Eli is trying to channel parts of McKay, Wray was almost invisible. Meh.

NOTES:

• Both Greer and Scott are wearing spiffy new sunglasses which have never been seen before in a previous episode.
  • The medical bay is now stocked with all sorts of rack mounted equipment, hanging IV bags (with hanging racks), and a triage crew of faces I never saw before.
  • Shaky cam is back with a vengeance.
  • Chloe is showing powers of mathematics and other stuff she says she doesnt understand, but Rush was in the tank with the fish people longer...was he too filthy for them to try it on him? Why did he have a tracking device planted is he wasnt affected, but Chloe was not, and she is the one they changed?
This episode really showed how they just contrive obstacles so they can have drawn out soapy drama to milk the moment. It was too slow in much of the episode, and was enough to make anyone watching it change the channel. The music was dreary too. I dont think this episode did too well, but in a few hours we should know! :)

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
What I liked:
-Getting off the damn ship.
-Park not dying.
-Rush getting pissed and being badass.
-Some of the moments with the B-cast.
-BBQ Dinosaurs.
-Dinosaurs trampling Simeon and the killshot.
-The music was good for most of the episode, aside from the beginning and the end (too nBSGish for me).

What I didn't like:
-Killing off Gin/Perry. Why kill likable characters who can be used to help flesh out two of your leads?
-Simeon somehow knowing how to knock out power, get all that stuff, and managing to kill/injure all those people. Where the fuck did that come from?
-The "Let's Shit on Rush" segments. Really? Compared to most of the other characters, he's pretty damn logical, clear minded, and actually does stuff. Everyone else just seems to fuck around most of the time.
-More Kinos getting taken out easily. At this point, a slight breeze could break them.
-Where the fuck did those extra UMPs and G36s come from? How the fuck did Simeon switch guns in the middle of the episode?
-The whole "Let's capture Simeon alive" crap. As someone else pointed out earlier, it's easier to get an infiltrator into his tribe instead of getting the guy to talk.
-Chloe's scenes hurt the pacing a lot.
-Rush's sobbing. Seriously, we couldn't just see him with his head down and shoulders shaking a bit?

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
You can tell how important a guest character is by the death scene they get. Those who are you see them die in a tragic or heroic way, those who aren't get killed off camera. Ginn was a clear example of the latter, she wasn't at all important to the development character of Eli, just a tool in order to bring additional angst and depression to the character that is all. Seriously it is like George Lucas writing here, they see some photos and videos, oh now they are in love! Also we couldn't have Eli being too happy all the time since he was the only source of comedy relief in the show (even though his humor was deeply repetitive after 3 episodes) so now we have everyone on the same wave length except Chloe and Scott who are the beacon of hope (dear lord help us).

Back to Simeon, he isn't really good actually when you think about it, he had numerous ways to kill these idiots who dare to call themselves soldiers. Such mine area the around the gate. Place a mine under Park. The stupid idiots who think taking a defensive posture around the gate is to stand clearly in the open in a large circle than say, taking up a firing position with good cover and fields of fire.
Tracking him also is a huge problem, with no method of mapping the planet they are currently on, any talk of where they are is completely futile. You can't say 'we are north west of xyz' because north west of what? the gate? How many meters? Wouldn't something like a Kino be useful in this situation like doing an aerial sweep to give you a map? So you have figure grid references? Oh wait the ancients don't think like us do they. Silly me.

Simeon's accuracy is also at 'writers convenience' because at clear shots he is unable to hit a man standing in the open (while they are arguing no less) yet can hit a guy in the shoulder even though taking a wound in the leg? So while I admit he was effective at times, he kept switching from insurgent to kitten at the most convenient moments. Anyways he wasn't built up, just an excuse to kill off some people so food supplies could be increased dare we actually have any survival themes set on the show (I say themes not episodes dedicated to the gathering of supplies there is a difference).
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

SerenityS

GateFans Member
I decided since this is supposed to be Robert Cooper's farewell to the Stargate franchise that I'd see how he did.

Well, it's not the best farewell. However, there were some things about this episode that were better than Aftermath to me.

Better

- The tone/style of this episode was much less miss-matched than it was in Aftermath to me. There was still a bit of this going on (especially in the second half of the episode), but not nearly as much to me.

- It started off much better than most of the other SGU episodes I've seen, and better than any other episode I've seen in a good while from this show.

Just as Good/Okay

- Carlyle/Rush and JWS/Greer did a good job in their roles. The other scientists/Knepper did a pretty good job too. Everyone else was anywhere from so-so to kind of bad.

Worse/Not so good.

- Even though the episode started off well (I think it might have been the first time that I thought that an episode might actually be good based off of its beginning/opening scenes), it completely fizzled about a third of the way in (more or less), and by the time there was about 20 minutes left to watch, I was seriously considering turning it off. At 12.5 minutes left to go, the episode was a complete bust to me.

- I’m sure it’s really not worth it now to point out that now TJ seems to have a medical staff in her "ER" and she’s the CMO, but I'll mention it anyway. Ah, so no doctors via the stones are needed then?... Shoot, at this point, I’ll just roll with it... TPTB don't seem to care.

- Okay, eye roll moment between Young and Varro. What I find interesting is the relatively benign guy is locked up while the obviously crazy one was allowed to roam around freely with only one guard. Makes no sense.

- Scott was awful to me. I took notes while watching (since I don't watch for any entertainment factor) and here's how I felt during the episode about Scott:

No, the scene with Rush and Scott is just ... no. Rush is okay, but Scott just seems like some preppy kid that’s trying to be in charge. Major eye roll. I can’t stand Scott. It’s a shame that with one line, Greer totally steals the scene from Scott with “If you don’t kill him, I will.” That was good. It’s the first time that his psychotic nature has actually really worked for me. Wow, Scott is still talking... Okay, so, is Scott/BJS doing his Dirty Harry impression with Rush? That’s what it sounds like, and it seems fake. “Are you hearing me?” *eye roll* Clint Eastwood he is not.

Meanwhile, Carlyle is doing a good job in his role even though the character is really a disaster.

Oh really? Scott is now a life coach counseling Rush through his grief... Aaand he’s still talking. At this point I really do want to stop watching. I’ve got about 20 minutes to go and the fast forward button is looking really good.

Finally towards the end of the episode, BJS drops his Dirty Harry impression and sounds normal as his character.

- Eli was so-so, but I do have my issues with him. David Blue played him a little all over the place. Some of that I think comes from the writing and the fact that he's distraught over losing Ginn. However, if he's that distraught, I couldn't understand him smiling at Chloe in kind of a playful/infatuated way when Young convinces them to let her help on the bridge, and he nods and smiles to let her know it's okay to come down. What?

All of the consoling got to be a bit much with Park and then Chloe trying to console him.

Isn’t Volker a scientist that’s actually been working in/with the Stargate program for a while? Wouldn’t he have some understanding of things based on Ancient tech, especially with the Atlantis outpost being on Earth? Why is Eli the person that understands it all best (save for super-Chloe who's still clueless in spite of her new found knowledge). He’s a video-gamer that solved a puzzle and now he’s just able to dictate things to everyone and push actual scientists aside like they’re children? That doesn’t make sense to me. I know he’s supposed to be a genius, but it’s not like the Stargate program takes the C and B students into the program or gives the dunces access.

Eli is not McKay. I think I said this when I reviewed Lost. So, when he does "McKay stuff" like get short with people and tell other scientists to move aside it just looks ridiculous. He doesn't have McKay's experience, qualifications, or personality (and DB can't do anything close to what David Hewlett can do in that respect. I'm not picking on DB, but McKay is a role that I doubt even many A-list actors can play. The character is practically tailor-made for Hewlett so it's an issue of casting... That's why the writers/directors should stick to Eli being Eli and not McKay because he'll never get that one down. Trying to be McKay is a lost cause for him).

- Everyone is making a big deal about whether or not Simian would "tell the truth" or not. However, doesn't homeworld command have ways of extracting information from people by now? Of course those means wouldn't be used routinely, but in instances that warrant it (like a hostile killer that might know about an imminent attack on Earth), it makes sense to do so. I know that the goa'uld had some kind of memory extraction thing that they used on Vala, although I'm foggy on the details because I haven't seen that episode in a while. Still, couldn't the SG-1 people procure that or something else? Truth serum isn't 100%, but they could try that and other things. All I'm saying is, I don't understand why they had to bring that up for what felt like every 5 minutes.

- Those dinosaur things looked big. Would Simean really have survived a stampede like that? I'm thinking no...

Okay, so over all, this episode wasn't that great to me, but I think it was alright in some ways. The real problem was the second half of the episode where it felt like I was being repeatedly hit with things that didn't work. The episode started pretty strong and then fizzled really fast. Then it just felt like I was waiting for it to end. It's sad that Ginn was killed off but it seems like that's what happens on this show. As soon as I said that Telford was the most sane person on the ship (and the most competent at the time), he gets left behind by a really messed-up-in-the-head Nicholas Rush. Then, as soon as I say that Ginn is the first character that I actually liked off the bat, she's killed because she's a good person that wanted to help keep Earth from being attacked. So what are we left with? People that aren't really all that relatable.

They should hope that not a lot of first time viewers watched this because if I were a casual viewer, and this was the first episode of this series that I watched, then I would have been done halfway through this episode - never to return. This episode highlighted the fact that there is a lot of bickering, crying, moaning, grieving, bitching, and backstabbing that goes on in this show.

Rush is a good example of this: He and Young start out friendly, then Young doesn't trust him. He's sad about Ginn/other doctor lady (can't remember her name right now) and so then he's understandably mad. He's on a rampage. Then he's crying. Then he gets some "tough love" and "life coaching" from Scott and he's a team player now, and on a redemptive path - or is he? Greer doesn't trust him even though Young forgave him (but Young doesn't trust him either, wink-wink). Oh, now he's keeping secrets again and that ticks off Scott and Greer so they can't trust him. He keeps secrets because he didn't trust anyone but his lady-love that was killed. Now he's on a rampage again and kills Simean. He and Scott make up at the end even though Scott didn't/did/didn't trust him, but now Scott's willing to give it one more try... Geez man! That was just one character! Add that to all of the mess going on with the others and it feels like I was beaten over the head with a dramatic stick.

Then the desert scenes felt like they dragged on in spots. Also, I wasn't a fan of the slow motion that was used in the way that it was used, but that's a matter of personal preference I guess. I can understand that the people that have championed this show from the beginning are into this, but I don't think that the casual viewer will be interested if he/she saw this episode. I think this episode was supposed to feel like a roller-coaster ride, but instead it felt more like a tumble down a hill. It started out kind of high, and then it just went down, down, down, and down.

To end this on more of a positive note since this is Mr. Cooper's last work in the Stargate franchise, I'll say that I did see that he was trying some new things, and that's good for him. He seemed to experiment with somewhat of a 24/Lost style of shooting and storytelling with sprinkles of BSG (from what I understand about the show and "deception" and "distrust" being the name of the game) heavily apparent throughout. I hope trying these things out help him find solid ground with whatever his next endeavor is. All the best to him. He wrote and co-wrote/directed some great SGA episodes, and I've seen some great SG-1 episodes he either wrote or co-wrote as well, so he has that. Again, all the best.
Cheers. :shepwave::teylawave::beckwink: :mckay: :ronspark: :jack_new03: :samanime20: :tealc_new001::daniel_new_anime005
Just to respond to a couple of points in your excellent post - First, one of the problems that I have with SuperChloe, is that there is still nothing inherent in her character that has allowed her to grow. Everything she is doing now has been done to her, she as a person has learned nothing, done nothing and initiated nothing on her own. It is all the effects of the catfish experimentation on her that has her doing anything remotely interesting. Strip that away, and she is still the same vapid, clueless party girl she was before.

Second, in regards to casting McKay, they struck gold with David Hewlett - while not an exact match in real life, he could channel McKay to perfection. Evidently there is ALOT of McKay in Hewlett. And that wasn't the only time that happened. Look and Sheppard and Flanigan, there is quite a bit of snarky, anti-authoritarianism going on there. Teyla and Ronon's actors give me similar vibes. They just "fit" and I don't think that the cast of SGU has that (other than perhaps Carlyle). The SG1 actors were terrific at interpreting their characters too, TVSeries!Jack without RDA? Not a chance.

Lastly, I am a big fan of Coopers, since he gave us Vegas and he always seemed to be sympathetic to the Shep character, as opposed to the other writers. So I wish him well and Godspeed in whatever he chooses to do next. :)

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
WTF? SGU now has Dinosaurs? Why didn't somebody tell me? :laughing:

No twenty foot penguins with stinging tentacles? (That's a Monty Python ref for you youngins.)