FROM on EPIX

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
FROM is a fantasy/ sci fi (? tbd) show in the vein of LOST, even has, playing the main character, Harold Perineau from LOST

basically-- people drive along, minding their own business, come to a downed tree, turn around then go in circles passing through a small, creepy Stephen King-ish town over and over. Only to finally stop and be told there is no way out.. deal with it. But be indoors before nightfall.. or else

So a little of LOST, maybe even a little of S1 WAYWARD PINES with the 'lost town' and no escape, a bit of child fairy tale fantasy come to adult life

I like it, I think maybe some of you may too

I little bloody at first, but that mellows. Definitely used to demonstrate and establish that the danger people are told is real

good show and good actors.. renewed for S2

on EPIX which can be viewed through AMAZON Prime

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Hmmm maybe we can give that a try some time. But we still have several seasons of Supernatural to go. After that, I'm not sure whether I'll be in the mood for more spooky stuff.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hmmm maybe we can give that a try some time. But we still have several seasons of Supernatural to go. After that, I'm not sure whether I'll be in the mood for more spooky stuff.
between SUPER and other things (like STRANGE NEW WORLDS and ALL of the SW's shows coming), if I were just finding out about this show now, I'd wait for S2 to come out for 'smooth bingeing'

the last ep literally ended in the middle of several plot lines

BTW have you watched SERVANT on APPLE TV at all?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
between SUPER and other things (like STRANGE NEW WORLDS and ALL of the SW's shows coming), if I were just finding out about this show now, I'd wait for S2 to come out for 'smooth bingeing'

the last ep literally ended in the middle of several plot lines

BTW have you watched SERVANT on APPLE TV at all?
No. On Apple TV we watched For All Mankind and Ted Whatshisname. Is Servant any good?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No. On Apple TV we watched For All Mankind and Ted Whatshisname. Is Servant any good?
its by M Night Shyamalan and it displays why/how so many of his films would have made AWESOME streaming series

basics = girl of about 18 is hired as a Nanny for a professional Philly (because of course, Philly with him) couple so mom can go back to work

girl shows uncanny capabilities-- or does she?

is she a cult runaway? is she a witch? an angel" something else?

3 seasons in and THAT is still not known

think of SIXTH SENSE and if it were a series and the fact that we would not have known that Crowe was a GHost until about the 4th season,, but we knew he was something all along, just not sure what

like his movies but with so much more time and space to fill in all the good stuff

NOT a horror show