FOUND IT! This sub forum was buried in the forums. The Clone Wars rewatch.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Sorry, but they don't make any sense.
What doesn't?
And I understood them fine and was FAR from the only person to come away from Phantom Menace thinking Qui Gonn Jinn was an idiot.
This sentence makes no sense. I get that you understood the movies, but you do not seem to understand Qui-Gonn. He is not a Disciple of the force, he tries to act in accord with the force, and yes, he fails. He thinks he knows the "will of the universe", but he is not an idiot.
The underlying issue of the prequels is extremely poor scripts. All the other problems stem from the bad scripts and illogical plots.
No argument here, they had shit scripts. I disagree with the plot being "illogical".

As to the examples (and remember there are lots more), they are all valid.
Are they??
Most of them are bullshit to be completely frank with you.

The notion of warning the Naboo (his exact words) by stowing away in the invasion force is silly - it's too late to warn them.
Ok, they did not KNOW it was an invasion force, they saw a chance and took it for the benefit of Naboo. They GOT to Naboo *BEFORE* a full invasion.

And saying they need to stick together but then have them go on separate ships is contradictory.
No, it isn't.

And taking along Jar Jar Binks to Mos Espa whose behavior did nothing but attract attention is not the way to avoid attention.
He did not want to "avoid attention", in fact, he NEEDED attention, just not attention to Padme.

Taking along Obi Wan who as a Jedi was well versed in stealth (reread what I posted I did not say he was experienced in desert actions but that it was dumb to leave him in the desert)
Check again, at best you dropped an apostrophe, at worst you are ignoring the attention 2 Jedi would draw in the outer rim. Even Qui-gonn tried to not appear as a Jedi, do you think Obi-wan would have at that point?

would make a lot more sense as would taking along the military advisor.
A military advisor on a outer rim territory owned by the Hutts............... Yeah, GOOD CALL!!

As to the bet, the entire sequence of how the bet came about was plain stupid. It had nothing to do with his misuse of the Force to steal the part off of the dealer, and indeed it was his foolishness in "negotiating" that left Anakin's mother in servitude.
1: He never tried to steal a single thing of Watto
2: He did not "Misuse" the force, misuse would have been making sure that Anikan and Shmi could leave Tatooine with no cost. He made sure he got Anikan because the game was rigged, he just responded in kind. His "error" was assuming Anikan could get over it, but Anikan was already broken, his easy dismissal of 3-PO shows that quite clearly. "I made you for my mum, but I am going now, so tough, sorry"

Finally, yes just standing up in the Gunga sub and looking about like a tourist was foolhardy again - the whole idea of what they were doing was to enter the city in a clandestine manner.
Yet, they still got in unnoticed, because Qui-gonn trusted in the living force.
Tell me, is there anything you believe in doing that others would consider "foolhardy"? The whole Idea of some other being "saving you" is pretty stupid, isn't it?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, this is getting excessive.

I can tell by the tone that hard feelings are being engendered. Frankly the Star Wars prequels do not merit such things.

I believe them to be poorly written and illogical and that the Qui Gonn Jinn character comes off as foolish and dumb. You do not. We're not going to come to agreement on this as our basic approach here appears to differ. As such I do not propose to keep stoking the proverbial fire on this topic.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, I do. But I have been giving it a break for the past two months because I just dont watch it much anymore. But it is still active.

Then why not just watch CW's there this you are paying?

I just watched all of S6, 13 eps

won't give any spoilers but just stuff in general

Liked how there was a bit of loose end tie ups from the movies-especially from Empire and Return of the Jedi--like how some of the dead Jedi can return in shape and sound/ how the emperor became in charge of "everything" to include finance

also why a certain little person sought out a certain green planet....

and a certain irritating "babbler"--lovable to some--doesn't ever get what should be coming to him (Darwin's laws obviously do not apply in this galaxy :D)

and-order 66--come on! Can't be that elaborate a plan--If a simple _________(insert word) can figure it out, than anyone should--if they have eyes to see that is

and for being as supposedly intelligent and "all knowing"-the Jedi are sure stupid--is it hubris that blinds them or perhaps a devotion to 'religion' that blinds them from the practical?

Or just bad writing?

But is was worth watching

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

I can tell by the tone that hard feelings are being engendered. Frankly the Star Wars prequels do not merit such things.

I believe them to be poorly written and illogical and that the Qui Gonn Jinn character comes off as foolish and dumb. You do not. We're not going to come to agreement on this as our basic approach here appears to differ. As such I do not propose to keep stoking the proverbial fire on this topic.

I think it a safe and "neutral" thing to say that it is understandable that Lucas thought that his approach to the pre-quels was necessary to attract a new and younger fanbase' to ensure big bucks to fund the continuation of his story that clearly goes beyond the 6 epsiodes that are SW's--Clone Wars, REBELS, the new movies--would Cartoon network or now, disney, ever have gained interest in SW if the pre-quels didn't get the attn they did?

I totally get why so many of us "original" fans didn't like the pre-quels" Jar-Jar, a bit too much CGI and CGI characters, storyline that was cleary written to attract kids and females

but

I focus on what good stuff they did show; the origin of Darth Vader, the rise of the empire, where in the hell all of the stormtroopers came from (at least the first ones who canon states were clones), how the jedi came to be destroyed and just who were the 'brains' behind the design of the death star

I m hoping that in REBELS ,will get to see more of the Clones and how they make the transition to a new fighting force. They are stripped of their unit distinctiveness (the different colors and designs) for a ridgid no nonsense look. We saw in TCW how several clones came to question why the war was being fought and their other concerns. Granted, order 66 makes them "ok" with the death of the jedi, bought it doesn't effect their other 'unique' qualities (that was kind of addressed in tcw s6 about order 66 only affected their mission to kill Jedi, nothing else on their behavior)-There is somewhere in EU (maybe in the story that goes with FORCE UNLEASHED?) that some clone units were isolated from the order 66 broadcast-allowing some jedi to live and the units to switch to the rebel side, though not that many. Something to do with Rahm Kota maybe-if I am remembering correctly

for me, that was enough to overlook all of the cartoonish elements --funny--the Clone Wars, a "cartoon" is far less cartoonish in many ways, than the prequels with live actors

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Then why not just watch CW's there this you are paying?

I just watched all of S6, 13 eps

Because I have already downloaded all seasons 1-5 plus the 6th season you watched. :) All in HD.

won't give any spoilers but just stuff in general

Liked how there was a bit of loose end tie ups from the movies-especially from Empire and Return of the Jedi--like how some of the dead Jedi can return in shape and sound/ how the emperor became in charge of "everything" to include finance

I havent seen them yet! Im coming to the end of season 5, and then I will watch the new episodes. :)

also why a certain little person sought out a certain green planet....

and a certain irritating "babbler"--lovable to some--doesn't ever get what should be coming to him (Darwin's laws obviously do not apply in this galaxy :D)

and-order 66--come on! Can't be that elaborate a plan--If a simple _________(insert word) can figure it out, than anyone should--if they have eyes to see that is

and for being as supposedly intelligent and "all knowing"-the Jedi are sure stupid--is it hubris that blinds them or perhaps a devotion to 'religion' that blinds them from the practical?

Or just bad writing?

But is was worth watching

I guess that will all make sense when I watch it. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Because I have already downloaded all seasons 1-5 plus the 6th season you watched. :) All in HD.

I havent seen them yet! Im coming to the end of season 5, and then I will watch the new episodes. :)

I guess that will all make sense when I watch it. :)

So if you downloaded it--didn't you DL season 6 from netflix? i have read it is the only authorized "broadcaster" for S6--not even going to be on any disney channel

just curious

but yes, for all of its wtf moments-S6 is still good to watch

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So if you downloaded it--didn't you DL season 6 from netflix? i have read it is the only authorized "broadcaster" for S6--not even going to be on any disney channel

just curious

but yes, for all of its wtf moments-S6 is still good to watch

Nope, I downloaded them from

:piratebay:

All beautiful, HD quality in sound and video. How does one download from Netflix? I just find the titles/movies I want, and then go directly to my "sources" and get them. ;0

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

There are no hard feelings on my part, and I don't care if we "agree". I am asking why you see Q-G-J as "foolish and dumb"

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Nope, I downloaded them from

:piratebay:

All beautiful, HD quality in sound and video. How does one download from Netflix? I just find the titles/movies I want, and then go directly to my "sources" and get them. ;0

Ok, so where are they stealing from? Lucas arts/disney? as far as I am aware, they and netflix are the only ones with season 6

Just seems a bit outlandish-to me-to go "between the lines of the law books" to get a show when you are already paying for the content from netflix

like paying for a new car, leaving it at the dealer, then going somewhere else to steal one

:anim_59:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ok, so where are they stealing from? Lucas arts/disney? as far as I am aware, they and netflix are the only ones with season 6

Just seems a bit outlandish-to me-to go "between the lines of the law books" to get a show when you are already paying for the content from netflix

like paying for a new car, leaving it at the dealer, then going somewhere else to steal one

:anim_59:

I had the 6th season before Netflix got them. Piracy is worldwide, remember? Many entire series that dont even come to the US are in my collection, and some full length movies come out in the EU before they come out here, and I get those too. The pirate ship smiley stands for a specific website (please dont post a link to it here). If you want to know more, send me a PM. :)

The reason I dont watch it on Netflix is because I dont need to. I can put all of the entire series (all 6 seasons) in a VLC playlist and watch them back to back without ever having to touch it. You cant do that with Netflix.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I had the 6th season before Netflix got them. Piracy is worldwide, remember? Many entire series that done even come to the US are in my collection, and some full length movies come out in the EU before they come out here, and I get those too. The pirate ship smiley stands for a specific website (please dont post a link to it here). If you want to know more, send me a PM. :)

The reason I dont watch it on Netflix is because I dont need to. I can put all of the entire series (all 6 seasons) in a VLC playlist and watch them back to back without ever having to touch it. You cant do that with Netflix.

YOU shall be held singularly responsible for the bankruptcy of the entertainment industry due to your blatant thievery!
:icon_rotflmao:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
YOU shall be held singularly responsible for the bankruptcy of the entertainment industry due to your blatant thievery!
:icon_rotflmao:

I was watching the entire series of Under The Dome (GREAT SHOW!) on Netflix, and I would be able to watch like 5 or 6 in a row then Netflix would suddenly ask me if I wanted to continue watching? I cant think of any instance where interrupting my requested series play would be a good thing. :( Season 6 of TCW that I have is full HD video and sound, and appears to be BluRay quality.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I was watching the entire series of Under The Dome (GREAT SHOW!) on Netflix, and I would be able to watch like 5 or 6 in a row then Netflix would suddenly ask me if I wanted to continue watching? I cant think of any instance where interrupting my requested series play would be a good thing. :( Season 6 of TCW that I have is full HD video and sound, and appears to be BluRay quality.

You must have some kind of funky west coast netflix :icon_lol: luckily I have never had that happen. Perhaps it is because I use my roku?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You must have some kind of funky west coast netflix :icon_lol: luckily I have never had that happen. Perhaps it is because I use my roku?

If you queue up a series, say 10 or more episodes, then after 5 or 6 of them Netflix will pause and ask you if you want to continue. It has been this way for a while:

http://www.giraffeboards.com/showthread.php?t=33659
http://jjb.yuku.com/reply/11435548/Does-problem-streaming-Netflix#.U0I1GPldV8E
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33993175

With VLC and a locally sourced playlist, I can create a program which will play continuously for 24 hours straight or longer. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, I just finished Season 5 (20 episodes) and I am preparing to watch season 6. I have to say, this show is like a long awesome rollercoaster. :) There are some slow spots, but not many. Some of the stories were silly and/or derivative of other episodes within the series (The Younglings team stories followed the Clones team stories, and then there was a string of Droid team stories led by R2D2). But by far, the most refreshing character in the entire series was Ahsoka Tano. I never could figure out whether her "hair" was underneath those striped horn/antennae thingies, or if those were part of her body. :) But as a character, she had more integrity and honor than all of the others including Obi Wan and Anakin. The Clone Wars version of Padme Amidala was WAY better than the live action Padme played by Natalie Portman. But I stopped to write this comment because of Ahsoka Tano.

I am glad she left the Jedi Order after what happened to her in episode 20 "The Wrong Jedi". I totally understood her reasoning for leaving them even after being offered reinstatement.

Now, I am going to watch the 6th and final season of this show. :) I will miss my favorite character but maybe she will show up somewhere in a movie?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If you queue up a series, say 10 or more episodes, then after 5 or 6 of them Netflix will pause and ask you if you want to continue. It has been this way for a while:

http://www.giraffeboards.com/showthread.php?t=33659
http://jjb.yuku.com/reply/11435548/Does-problem-streaming-Netflix#.U0I1GPldV8E
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33993175

With VLC and a locally sourced playlist, I can create a program which will play continuously for 24 hours straight or longer. :)

Through ROKU, mine doesn't do that, I vaguely remember something like that when I watched it on my PC though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Through ROKU, mine doesn't do that, I vaguely remember something like that when I watched it on my PC though.

The other advantage to having it already downloaded into a library is that the internet is not required to watch stuff. I can load up my external drive and plug it into my tablet and watch the entire series using VLC on the tablet. :) Or, load a few episodes onto the phone and listen with headphones.