FOUND IT! This sub forum was buried in the forums. The Clone Wars rewatch.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL

Ok OM, you feel a need to be "comfortably right", and I mean RIGHT.

Well come on man...you dont see them as witches? Of course they can claim they are using the force and all when it's in Star Wars, but that alone (the Force) places all of Star Wars squarely in the middle of the fantasy genre and absolutely none of what we see in Star Wars is science fiction. It is future-themed "swords and shields" material at it's core....like all of Star Wars. But this is not a bad thing, it just needs to be clearly stated. :)

If you had to use a word to describe what these women are in season 3 episode 13, what would it be? The only word that fits is "witches", dont you think?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well come on man...you dont see them as witches?
Err, YES, yes I do see them as witches. SW EU which is where they come from places them as witches.
I just don't see the difference between a Jedi and a force witch.
Of course they can claim they are using the force and all when it's in Star Wars, but that alone (the Force) places all of Star Wars squarely in the middle of the fantasy genre and absolutely none of what we see in Star Wars is science fiction. It is future-themed "swords and shields" material at it's core....like all of Star Wars. But this is not a bad thing, it just needs to be clearly stated. :)
And.................
Your point.................
"It's bad cause it is space fantasy"??
ROFLMFAO!!

If you had to use a word to describe what these women are in season 3 episode 13, what would it be? The only word that fits is "witches", dont you think?
Yes, they are force witches, they cloud their understanding of the force with mysticism, so what??

Again, Mind meld with me Spock.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Err, YES, yes I do see them as witches. SW EU which is where they come from places them as witches.

And.................
Your point.................
"It's bad cause it is space fantasy"??
ROFLMFAO!!

Yes, they are force witches, they cloud their understanding of the force with mysticism, so what??

Again, Mind meld with me Spock.

The Clone Wars really cements Star Wars into fantasy for me, which is not a bad thing necessarily. :) But for so many who try and compare Star Wars to any science fiction, too many Star Wars fans think they are watching science fiction when they are not.

So tell me now...are there going to be space dragons and space elves and orcs? :icon_razz: :P I say they have the wizards covered with the Jedi and the Sith. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, so in the Clone Wars, the Sith who look like Darth Maul are under the control of these witches, and now at the end of episode 14, the Grand High Witch gives the new guy a magic amulet. :).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG Bluce was not kidding! Now there are magical beings living in some alternate dimension who are neither Jedi or Sith but there are dragons there, and ghosts...did the writers just run out of good stuff in season 3? Im still watching though. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh damn...some Nordic babe is the embodiment of the Light of the Force, and she leads Obi Wan to a magical sword which is supposed to defeat her brother who is the embodiment of the Dark Side? Silly.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

That's an easy one. One of them demonstrates telekinetic ability and can telepathically implant suggestions in one's mind whereas the other conjures up shit with spells and uses crystal balls to see the future. :D

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
That's an easy one. One of them demonstrates telekinetic ability and can telepathically implant suggestions in one's mind whereas the other conjures up shit with spells and uses crystal balls to see the future. :D

Yoda1.jpg

Guess Yoda don't need a crystal ball.............

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Oh damn...some Nordic babe is the embodiment of the Light of the Force, and she leads Obi Wan to a magical sword which is supposed to defeat her brother who is the embodiment of the Dark Side? Silly.

You have serious problems with abstract concepts, don't you?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You have serious problems with abstract concepts, don't you?

Not at all...I have a problem with foolish constructs like having beings embody the concepts of "Good" and "Evil". I have a sense of intellectual precision which prevents me from blurring the lines between religion and science (as you do), and between science fiction and fantasy. I have a huge problem with who is in charge within the Star Wars universe, and how they run the societies they rule as royals. I think you may have confused my need for precision with a lack of understanding. The abstract concepts of good and evil are not to be represented by corporeal beings. The concept of god is not to be represented by a corporeal being either. Episode 15 of season 3 crossed all of those lines, and the storytelling behind that episode was just plain silly to me. I understand it perfectly...it's perfectly silly. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Not at all...I have a problem with foolish constructs like having beings embody the concepts of "Good" and "Evil". I have a sense of intellectual precision which prevents me from blurring the lines between religion and science (as you do), and between science fiction and fantasy. I have a huge problem with who is in charge within the Star Wars universe, and how they run the societies they rule as royals. I think you may have confused my need for precision with a lack of understanding. The abstract concepts of good and evil are not to be represented by corporeal beings. The concept of god is not to be represented by a corporeal being either. Episode 15 of season 3 crossed all of those lines, and the storytelling behind that episode was just plain silly to me. I understand it perfectly...it's perfectly silly. :)
So, what do those 2 episodes represent, to you?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, what do those 2 episodes represent, to you?

Hack writing? Illogical, banal concepts fit only for the mindless. :) And I am really referring to only those episodes with regard to the series which I am enjoying immensely. So far maybe 5 episodes out of the more than 50 I have watched is not bad at all. I still love the series. Having said that, the Star Wars universe itself is really not all that great a place in space or time.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Well come on man...you dont see them as witches? Of course they can claim they are using the force and all when it's in Star Wars, but that alone (the Force) places all of Star Wars squarely in the middle of the fantasy genre and absolutely none of what we see in Star Wars is science fiction. It is future-themed "swords and shields" material at it's core....like all of Star Wars. But this is not a bad thing, it just needs to be clearly stated. :)

are you arguing with yourself or what because ive seen you fling this argument left and right before and i havnt seen ANYONE disagree with you, everyone knows what SW is.

and why does it need to be clearly stated and WHY do you put your skewed political views and suposed realism on it and everything else you seem to watch and expected it to be recieved as valid critique? seriously you remind me of the technobabble nazis on gateworld who couldnt apreaciate a design and accept it without arguinging realism real world physics and something so fucking reatarded as the lenght and realistic size of ships seen in the show... seriously just fucking facepalm, i am glad people like you have no actual say in these stories or their Creation GLAD!

OMNI

Hack writing? Illogical, banal concepts fit only for the mindless. :) And I am really referring to only those episodes with regard to the series which I am enjoying immensely. So far maybe 5 episodes out of the more than 50 I have watched is not bad at all. I still love the series. Having said that, the Star Wars universe itself is really not all that great a place in space or time.
AGAIN the goodie toochoo Trek perspective where everything ends well at the end of the episode with no consequences and mankind is singing coombaya with all the races in the galaxy a universe without evil OR realism, please drop the fucking trek crutch because TREK doesnt have a single realistic thing about it especially human nature and human behaviour.

and frankly how fucking removed arew you from the real world? you are aware planet earth is apretty shit place top dwell for 90% of all humans?

lastly im so fucking sick of you and others here critiqueng shows by listing what THEY belive it should be and then projecting their political views, societal views and what they beleieve the World and the universe should be seriously just shut the fuck up for once and see it for what it is ie A FICTIONAL STORY and for the love of fuck please try and focus your goddamn oppinions on the piece itself and the quality of it rather then Project your World views onto it.

basicly keep the never ending political BULLSHIT that goes on in these forums in their respective threads.

OMNI

The Clone Wars really cements Star Wars into fantasy for me, which is not a bad thing necessarily. :) But for so many who try and compare Star Wars to any science fiction, too many Star Wars fans think they are watching science fiction when they are not.

So tell me now...are there going to be space dragons and space elves and orcs? :icon_razz: :P I say they have the wizards covered with the Jedi and the Sith. :)
and?... wel what? you are the one man who will tell and school them all? this is your "cause" then?

HEADDESKS*