Football (American) Chit Chat

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I do enjoy pro football. I don't care for the scholastic games (Pop Warner (Little League is for baseball), college, related stuff).

My favorite teams are the 49ers, Chargers and the Redskins. I know why I like the first two, but no idea why I like the last team I listed there -- and I'm an avowed RaiderHater.

Now, if we could only get a professional team back here in LaLaLand once more, all would be right with the world. It will be interesting to see what happens once the new stadium is built here in the downtown area. It'll be right next to the Staples Center/Nokia Theatre.

G

Graybrew1

I do enjoy pro football. I don't care for the scholastic games (Pop Warner (Little League is for baseball), college, related stuff).

My favorite teams are the 49ers, Chargers and the Redskins. I know why I like the first two, but no idea why I like the last team I listed there -- and I'm an avowed RaiderHater.

Now, if we could only get a professional team back here in LaLaLand once more, all would be right with the world. It will be interesting to see what happens once the new stadium is built here in the downtown area. It'll be right next to the Staples Center/Nokia Theatre.
:confused: Are you getting a new team?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
They're building a new stadium in order to coax either the NFL to build us a new team, or to lure an existing team into moving to Los Angeles. The old LA Coliseum is OLD. (In fact, it's so old, it farts dust.)

G

Graybrew1

They're building a new stadium in order to coax either the NFL to build us a new team, or to lure an existing team into moving to Los Angeles. The old LA Coliseum is OLD. (In fact, it's so old, it farts dust.)

Best of luck to you on that, I can't believe you still don't have one. :( That is like NYC not having one. The mere thought of somebody taking my Philly teams away makes my blood run cold. :mad:

G

Graybrew1

How on earth did my Eagles lose that game with the lead? :(

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The Chargers won yesterday, leaving the Dolphins winless so far in the regular season.

<crocodile tears>

G

Graybrew1

The Chargers won yesterday, leaving the Dolphins winless so far in the regular season.

<crocodile tears>

Ah, Well on a Happy note for me Dallas got beat by Detroit yesterday too.

Happy Dance. :joy:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Football?

Was that what the Ravens and Jets were doing last night? It looked more like an episode of SGU...

G

Graybrew1

Football?

Was that what the Ravens and Jets were doing last night? It looked more like an episode of SGU...

Bwaahahhahahahahahahaha:P
I missed that game, Playoffs were on.

I felt like crying after the Eagles game though, pretty the same way I felt after watching the finale of SGU three times in a row to do the review.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep.

Just like SGU was like an instruction video on how not to make SciFi, that game last night was a primer on how not to play offense.

procyon

GateFans Noob
graybrew,
Your Eagles did not look good this week. thats 4 in a row.
Jets and Giants lossed as well. bad football weenkend

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hey, the Bengals won and went to 3-2. They also have the #1 ranked defense in the NFL and the rookie QB and WR are improving each week.