Elon Musk took control of Twitter today

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This is going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Based on his statements Musk plans to end shadow banning and make the moderation viewpoint neutral. Also to drastically eliminate the bot accounts and it sounds like there will be platform changes including better advertising support, a YouTube competitor, editing of Tweets and more. This will be interesting like I said.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This is going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Based on his statements Musk plans to end shadow banning and make the moderation viewpoint neutral. Also to drastically eliminate the bot accounts and it sounds like there will be platform changes including better advertising support, a YouTube competitor, editing of Tweets and more. This will be interesting like I said.
i saw where he already fired the CEO and CFO , others

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Maybe I should ask him why my profile still says I have 68 tweets after I manually deleted all my tweets one by one, even though the feed doesn't show any tweets or retweets. When I contacted Twitter support about it a while back, they were ultimately less than helpful.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Give it a couple of weeks for Musk to be settled in then try again.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
how much of a "hoot" would it be if he either:

1- sold twitter to Joe Rogan and Tim Pool for 5 cents a stock?

or

2- made them CEO and CFO?

a lot of brain matter may be seen exploding across the ether..... :)

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I made some coin when the company went private. :anim_59: I bought at $35.00/share, and it closed at $54.00/share.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
As it turned out the stock market hugely lessened the hit Musk took by buying Twitter. He ultimately (because of the buying spree before closing) paid $54.20 a share for stocks valued at $54. Nothing like as bad as it looked like when the stock was less than $30.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
As it turned out the stock market hugely lessened the hit Musk took by buying Twitter. He ultimately (because of the buying spree before closing) paid $54.20 a share for stocks valued at $54. Nothing like as bad as it looked like when the stock was less than $30.
Twitter is fun again. All the SJWs have been fired who were making it suck, and he is now weeding out the ones who have been hiding in corners. I see also that he is solving the verified issue by adding a banner or considering changing the color of commercial verifications vs individuals ones. Its changing fast into something that will eventually challenge the dominance of Facebook/Meta IMO. Long form video with monetization is allegedly coming!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Once he puts into place his revised Twitter Blue and also monetized content (including longer videos and long form posting) Twitter will be a direct competitor to YouTube.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Once he puts into place his revised Twitter Blue and also monetized content (including longer videos and long form posting) Twitter will be a direct competitor to YouTube.
Yes, I was reading about that! It will be a real game changer, because the "judgy hall monitor" types that he has fired from Twitter still remain in the offices of Google and Apple for the time being. They are going to destroy YouTube with strikes and politically motivated banning and suspensions. Apple has no such side-business, but already people are starting to see Apple differently. I think the long videos you mentioned will be able to be monetized.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
how much of a "hoot" would it be if he either:

1- sold twitter to Joe Rogan and Tim Pool for 5 cents a stock?

or

2- made them CEO and CFO?

a lot of brain matter may be seen exploding across the ether..... :)
LOL! That would be something. I think Musk will eventually take the company public again, but not until it's fixed and has been morphed into his vision for it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Notice he already has started hiring again, except unlike those he dismissed he is seeking engineers and sales personnel. Also that Twitter has started an aggressive program to clear Child Exploitation material off of the platform.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Notice he already has started hiring again, except unlike those he dismissed he is seeking engineers and sales personnel. Also that Twitter has started an aggressive program to clear Child Exploitation material off of the platform.
He is also planning to release some sensitive information about the Hunter Biden laptop story suppression enforced by the previous Twitter regime.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I don't have a Twitter account, but it seems like TV news and newspapers are obsessed with promoting tweets. So often that I almost feel like a Twitter subscriber. Now Elon has disclosed that tweets have been filtered. They only showed what they wanted to be seen. I'm going to dismiss tweets going forward as I probably should have from the beginning.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Elon is taking that filter off.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I have not used twitter for quite some time now. The platform took a turn for the worse, in my opinion, when they changed the feed from showing all the tweets that people you were following posted to only showing some of them. Assholes. I followed those people for a reason. Who they think they are to determine for me which tweets I might be interested to see. Fuck them. Hopefully, Elon will change twitter for the better. But I'm not sure I'll ever go back to it at this stage to be honest. I've deleted all my tweets a while ago. The only reason I haven't fully deleted my twitter account yet, is the private message conversations with several people I've become acquainted with in the past.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Just waiting to be reinstated! I had 20k followers and was banned for no reason.
Anyone else reading the Twitter files?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Just waiting to be reinstated! I had 20k followers and was banned for no reason.
Anyone else reading the Twitter files?
I'm still ignoring Twitter. But if there's any juicy news I wouldn't mind hearing about it.