Dude And 50K Friends: Serious About Saving Stargate Universe

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
lol I bet if someone started a save SGA campaign right now, in a few weeks, it'd probably surpass SGU. Even though SGA is loooong gone.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
doubtful, the Save SGA campaigns are pretty much done and dusted :(

Tropicana

Council Member
Here's the thing though.
DVD sales are not getting bolstered because the most vocal SGU fans are not buying it on DVD, they want it on BR, so they are instead keeping the HD copies they buy off the net. In fact there seems to be much ire about the lack of BR release for it. Of course, this leads back to the "if you don't support it you won't get anymore" argument. :P
Surely they are happy enough to buy the SD DVD version and the BR version, lol.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Surely they are happy enough to buy the SD DVD version and the BR version, lol.

Thats the thing, there are no plans for a BR version, but unlike ratings and such where there is the "I'm not a neilson family" factor, DVD sales ARE directly in the hands of fans, and if the DVD sales suck because people only want BR, there will be NO BR release for S2, except, MAYBE as a "complete collection" and that will depend on S1 and 2 sales.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Forgive me...."BR" versions?

Tropicana

Council Member
But if they are diehard, surely they don't mind owning 2 copies, worst case, buy the DVD version then if and when BR version comes out, they can just sell the DVD version on Ebay or whatever; or don't they think ahead, or they realise that no one wants SGU DVDs?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
But if they are diehard, surely they don't mind owning 2 copies, worst case, buy the DVD then if and when BR version comes out, they can just sell the DVD version on Ebay or whatever; or don't they think ahead?

Don't know dude, don't know, but this really is the basic economics of supply and demand. no buy, no produce.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I hear that brother.

So much for SGU fans being so intellectual.
rolleyes.gif

LOL...if they were intellectual, they wouldnt like the stupid show to begin with! :icon_lol:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
LOL...if they were intellectual, they wouldnt like the stupid show to begin with! :icon_lol:
Oh, I don't know dude, SGU did have potential, I'll never take that away from it.What I will say is that it wasted it, badly :(

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
For fun I just checked and in just under 4 months they've gone from 50,000 to just under 66,000. At this rate they will crack a million in about 19 years. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, I don't know dude, SGU did have potential, I'll never take that away from it.What I will say is that it wasted it, badly :(

Sure, SGU did have potential, but not with Brad Wright running the show and not with the characters written the way they were. They needed to completely nullify season 1's events using some sort of timeline shift or parallel universe trick. A battery has potential, but what good is it if it is never plugged into something? SGU as delivered was a complete failure. It's fun to speculate on what could have been, but I usually save those musings for SGA and SG-1. I would like to assume that that crew never woke up from their stasis and the ship flew into a star and couldnt escape the gravity well. :)