Did you know they did a sequel to Wargames? I wish I didn't

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh wow. I don't know what I was searching for, but I ran across a blurb about a bad sequel to Wargames. I assumed it was a knockoff, or perhaps a wannabe sequel. But this is an actual sequel. It shouldn't have been :

War Games The Dead Code (2008)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0865957/reviews

This trailer is a huge "spoiler" for the movie. And it is an actual sequel. The backsplash of this does not look good on the original Wargames. It isn't the worse movie I have ever seen but damn.

The story of this is a retread of the original story, polished up for retelling, things changed a bit. The expected stuff you would imagine. LOTS of ripped dialogue from the original (too much). This movie is a headshaker. Watch it when you want some B-movie fun.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
so is it a sequel or merely a reboot labeled as a sequel?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell mr rac-- he'd want to add it to his stupid scifi collection. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
so is it a sequel or merely a reboot labeled as a sequel?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell mr rac-- he'd want to add it to his stupid scifi collection. ;)

It's an actual sequel. :( I am not surprised that it was not promoted. It was in theaters in 2008 and on DVD a few months later. It has a 25% fresh rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. I give it two stars. Too much eyeroll inducing dialogue. Still not the worst movie, it was pretty bad. Nowhere near the fun of the first. No actors reprising their roles.