Defiance Ratings and Predictions Thread (Awards Given)

When will Defiance be cancelled by Syfy?

• Midway into the second season, with the remaining episodes airing after cancellation.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • At the end of the second season after all episodes have aired.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Defiance will get a season 3, but will be canceled before season 4.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Defiance will not get canceled.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
GF'76: 1.9
SciphonicStranger: 1.71
Heisenberg: 1.51
Overmind One 1.70
Jim of WVa: 1.00 (the last episode wasn't bad)
Backstep - 1.50 - 0.4
Bluce Ree: wake me up when there's some decent side-boob
Chevron Atlantis: 1.65

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Overmind One 1.70
Backstep - 1.50 - 0.4
ShavedApe: 1.64

*BTW -- won't this be episode #9?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Overmind One 1.70
Backstep - 1.50 - 0.4
ShavedApe: 1.64

*BTW -- won't this be episode #9?

Depends on whether you count the pilot as being 1 or 2 episodes.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Depends on whether you count the pilot as being 1 or 2 episodes.

From what I understand (having read it in one of these threads) they are counting the 2-hour pilot as two episodes.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
From what I understand (having read it in one of these threads) they are counting the 2-hour pilot as two episodes.

They are indeed. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Rating prediction for episode 10
Heisenberg - 1.7
GF'76 - 2.0
ShavedApe - 1.77

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Rating prediction for episode 10
Heisenberg - 1.7
GF'76 - 2.0
ShavedApe - 1.77
Bluce Ree - I once found a robin's nest in Tim Burton's hair ...

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Train Wreck!
Ratings for Defiance 1.6 / 0.5
Heisen wins again :)

Ratings Prediction for Episode 11

GF '76 1.55

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

GF '76 1.55
ShavedApe - 1.46

Bluce Ree

GF '76 1.55
ShavedApe - 1.46
Bluce Ree - Why do I bother?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Wow! What the happened last week and this week? What made it significantly drop in ratings like that?

GF '76 1.55
ShavedApe - 1.46
Heisenberg - 1.45

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The NBA finals were on, but that was on non-cable TV. Quite honestly though, I just thought the episode the week before sucked total ass. Even the *few* bits which advanced the story were buried under DRAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAA or dumbass Twilight jokes. What infuriates me the most is that the idea of taking a national hero and replacing them with a sleeper assassin is actually a *GOOD* one :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The NBA finals were on, but that was on non-cable TV. Quite honestly though, I just thought the episode the week before sucked total ass. Even the *few* bits which advanced the story were buried under DRAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAA or dumbass Twilight jokes. What infuriates me the most is that the idea of taking a national hero and replacing them with a sleeper assassin is actually a *GOOD* one :(

The Twilight jokes only reminded me of just how little time has passed yet they have a complete society up and running already. :rolleyes:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

GF '76 1.55
ShavedApe - 1.46
Heisenberg - 1.45
SciphonicStranger - 1.59

heisenberg

Earl Grey

This Show is following a very similar pattern ;). I can see that the show will completely die down when the season 2 premiere. It will probably be a slight jump in ratings but I can't see this show lasting very long.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This Show is following a very similar pattern ;). I can see that the show will completely die down when the season 2 premiere. It will probably be a slight jump in ratings but I can't see this show lasting very long.

I think you're spot on here. The (guaranteed) Season 2 premiere will see a jump in ratings due to the heavy advertising they're sure to do, but then the show will resume its ratings plunge. I can't see this show surviving very long even if they retool it in Season 2. There's only so much they can do to "fix" things at this point and I don't see any of it being enough to save this turd. The premise itself is horribly flawed.

Bluce Ree

I wish they'd bring back Terra Nova in place of this crap. I liked the story in spite of the massive amount of cliches with the evil son and the cutesy kids were kept to a minimum.