Craig Engler - VP and Syfy Tweeter Guy

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Just to add, here's another tweet from Syfy, not exactly sure what it's in response to:
@DavidvanBrakel That's the series Brad & Robert wanted to create. If we chose a different take it would not have been a Stargate show.

Note he's saying Brad and Robert were the ones who wanted SGU the way they wanted it.

Tropicana

Council Member
Get with the programme, SGUnite!

Did you read SGUnite's reply to the pre-committed SGU's 2 seasons?

@Syfy I see. This makes much more sense to me now, I wasn't aware of that.

We have been saying it since forever! But as usual, squeedrones are so alike to one another - very slow on the uptake.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I used to cringe when they would challenge you at GW

They'll never get it. The same goes for SGA was not canceled by Syfy. I kept telling people the show was in trouble when it fell below 1.5 Million viewers, yet they "Cried for a Source" lol.

I used to shake my head when morons like KEK and Skydiver would challenge your information! They were and still are in complete denial about SGA. And now we have the information they seek about any future for SGU and they are in denial...even though they have their "news" from Mozz himself...he has LEFT Stargate along with Paul Mullie and Cooper and they are now writing something else. But there is still "mystery" for these fools? Some of them are still waiting for news about SGU being renewed!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
They'll never get it. The same goes for SGA was not canceled by Syfy. I kept telling people the show was in trouble when it fell below 1.5 Million viewers, yet they "Cried for a Source" lol.

Yes indeed. The problem with some people on GW is that without "proof", nothing is "real", especially if it contravenes thier own beliefs which the cling to with no "proof" of reality either. Independant research and drawing your own conclusions is a "bad thing" over there because if you engage in either, you might actually come to a conclusion that the Sqeedrones don't like, and then you are just a "hater". Who needs free will?

What truly annoys me however is that they defend SGU/TPTB with blind loyalty, being spoonfed shit day after day and then have the temerity to slag on SG1/SGA saying it was spoonfed scifi because things were actually explained "in story" and how much better SGU is because they don't need explanations for things like the science and tech of SGU. Check out the latest podcast about the "Science of SGU", get yourself a bottle of you're preffered spirit and take a shot everytime you hear the phrases "I don't know" and "I wish I knew", if you make it halfway through without wanting to pass out, you should see a doctor.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I used to shake my head when morons like KEK and Skydiver would challenge your information! They were and still are in complete denial about SGA. And now we have the information they seek about any future for SGU and they are in denial...even though they have their "news" from Mozz himself...he has LEFT Stargate along with Paul Mullie and Cooper and they are now writing something else. But there is still "mystery" for these fools? Some of them are still waiting for news about SGU being renewed!

At least at GW poor Briangate doesn't have to deal with all the tools he has to on Syfy who come in, write one post and promptly **** off again :P

I swear I remember Mozzy denying that sgu had a 2 year contract. So is this another concrete example where he's lied to the fans?

It will be funny to watch the fanboys try and twist their way out of this one. "He's just the VP, you can't trust him!"

Tropicana

Council Member
I swear I remember Mozzy denying that sgu had a 2 year contract. So is this another concrete example where he's lied to the fans?

It will be funny to watch the fanboys try and twist their way out of this one. "He's just the VP, you can't trust him!"
Or his twitter account is not "source", it has to be from Bridge Studios or MGM!

They are total tools, lol.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
hoisted yet again!

Good to see that confirmed. I know Brad mentioned it in an early interview but I never could find it. I love how JM always insinuated that season 2 was renewed because they were happy with the figures, whilst all along poor Syfy were tied into a 2 year contract.
eek.gif

yep I remember BW saying it in an interveiw as well...THAT was what they sold to poor syfy- two seasons of shit. :(

We said it in the beginning here at SGUS, but the squeedrones kept denying it. They even said that SGU had "earned" its second season. And you are right, they concealed this truth and posts can still be found on the net where squeedrones were in denial about this show being given its two seasons FROM THE BEGINNING before the show was aired. This is PROOF from Syfy itself.

When will the SGU fanbois get it? We have been right about EVERYTHING so far. This confirms what we have said all along.

No they won't get it...it's not in their interest to do so!

LMAO and the whining is still happening there. :P

LMAO, why trust someone when you WANT it to be different? of course Loretta would never lie to the fans? :rolleyes: and if you agree I know where there's a bridge for sale in San francisco that is just lovely (it's too damn cold to sell one in NY :P)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Lookie lookie at all the guests checking out this page. I wonder if any of this information will make it's way to GW...........

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Lookie lookie at all the guests checking out this page. I wonder if any of this information will make it's way to GW...........

they won't dare...they will loose their squeedrone gold star if they admit Loretta lied to them! ;) What does yoshi have to say about this? he was always one of the biggest poo-poohers of sgpoo having a 2 year commitment from syfy? ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It will get deleted if it does. Heresey is not allowed over there

Speaking of Heresy, I found our answer to the sparkly unicorns!
Pink space marines:

images

And just in time, here comes the SGUS space marine:
Chaos_Space_Marine_by_SonicKyle1797.jpg

I wonder how that one will turn out............... :P

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
they won't dare...they will loose their squeedrone gold star if they admit Loretta lied to them! ;) What does yoshi have to say about this? he was always one of the biggest poo-poohers of sgpoo having a 2 year commitment from syfy? ;)

Was I? I don't remember saying a whole lot about it but feel free to quote if I'm wrong.

I don't really see the benefit of anyone trying to prove SGU "earned" a second season, since it tanked and failed to get a third. Nothing is really going to make that seem better.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Tweets from Craig Engler in the past day or so (and PROOF that SGU had a 2 year deal from the get-go!):

Q) @wraithfodder Why is #SGU returning for finale episodes at 10pm on Mondays? Isn't that sort of a death slot? A) Not at all (see next).

SGU on Mondays will follow our hottest new drama. It's the best slot on our schedule for another drama. On a side note...

...the term "death slot" is overused on the Internet. It came into being specifically about Friday night, which really wasn't true anyway.

@XIPRELAY Unfortunately SGU did not have enough viewers for us to be able to continue it. Many sampled it but did not come back.

@paspinall42 Tuesday is where the highest rated shows in our history have aired.

(here SGUnite asks: @Syfy Hi Craig, If the ratings are high for #SGU season 2.5, will you consider buying more episodes? - How high do the ratings have to be? )

@SGUnite Theoretically maybe. Realistically, I don't think it's possible. You'd need prob 2.5-3 times the audience for that to happen.

@brianmhowell Shows aren't canceled to "make room" for other shows. We'd love Caprica to have done well enough to be able to make more.

(SGUnite tweets to Syfy: @Syfy I see. So even if it got a 1.6-1.7, it probably wouldn't be enough? That's a bummer! So season 2 was really risky for SyFy then? )

@SGUnite In this case we had pre-committed to 2 seasons of SGU before we started airing it. Pretty unusual in TV these days actually.

@faintsignal I think the franchises are both solid ones. We'll see how Battlestar: Blood & Chrome does. Script is REALLY good :)

:joy:

Ok so it seems Craig is happy to answer quite contoversial questions. any q's we want to put forward? might be a case of a few of us asking a similar question to get an answer though.

Im pretty much looking to know wether sga would have been greenlighted by syfy had it been an option and wether they are still interested in sga.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Good question!

Ok so it seems Craig is happy to answer quite contoversial questions. any q's we want to put forward? might be a case of a few of us asking a similar question to get an answer though.

Im pretty much looking to know wether sga would have been greenlighted by syfy had it been an option and wether they are still interested in sga.

Yes, someone needs to ask this of the man. I think many people would love to know the answer here.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Was I? I don't remember saying a whole lot about it but feel free to quote if I'm wrong.

I don't really see the benefit of anyone trying to prove SGU "earned" a second season, since it tanked and failed to get a third. Nothing is really going to make that seem better.

I know it does not affect the outcome (season 3 is already cancelled) its the proof that we were right and all those sgu fans, who called us liars and other lovely names were blowing smoke out there asses.

You know we try and keep all info based in fact or form opinions based on all available data including information we dont like, its a shame some fans are not prepared to do the same.

Now I'm really wondering about the rumor that syfy offered tptw either one season each of sga and sgu or two confirmed seasons of sgu. Anyone want to ask that?

Tropicana

Council Member
Oh Dear!! :laughing:

But why can I only see the image when I quote you mate?

Edit: Nevermind..........
;)

Before some squeedrone starts going - that pic is horrible, that pink battlebot symbolises gay, he hates gay people. Puh-lease bitches, I'm gay.

That pink battlebot symbolises squeedrone's bot version of the sparkly pink unicorn that has been horribly transformed and thusly, impaled by the pole of truth!