CPT AMERICA and THE WINTER SOLDIER

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This series, to me, seems to have more of the feel of an MCU film. Much different then the action crime/drama tone of Agent Carter and far different from Wandavision

The characters all seem to have the same type of interaction and presence as they do in the films.

Definitely a good watch and helps tie up some loose ends that the MCU is so famous for

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
wondering if TPTB's will be using Zemo to "kill off" T'Challa?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
People are not happy with the BLM-ish references in the last episode.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i know but they do have far more place in this plot then other

in the 50's afr american soldiers.. though integrated in the military, were still treated as second rate or worse

so, it is valid imo and i dont think they over did it

i think those who complain about--everything.. actually watch little of anything in a rush to be the first to get a YT video review up

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'm liking the show so far. It's taking things slow but things are building. Looks like Falcon is finally getting ready to step into Captain America's shoes. They didn't show it yet, but I suspect the new wings-suit the Wakandans made for him might come in red white and blue.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'm liking the show so far. It's taking things slow but things are building. Looks like Falcon is finally getting ready to step into Captain America's shoes. They didn't show it yet, but I suspect the new wings-suit the Wakandans made for him might come in red white and blue.
barring something happening with zemo in the next ep.. what do you think? with his transfer to wakanda, might tptb's use Zemo as the person T'Challa is killed by?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
some might argue that the entire plot line of Wakandan's being more advanced than any European Civilization is also "blm-ish"

and when the WAKANDAN tech was making fun of Bruce Banner saying he was what" ignorant" or something, when they were working on Vision?

i dont, i can keep my fantasy entertainment sep from IRL issues.. but many cannot--- just ask 'Cara Dune' :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
barring something happening with zemo in the next ep.. what do you think? with his transfer to wakanda, might tptb's use Zemo as the person T'Challa is killed by?
Who knows. You could be on to something. On the other hand, has it been established that T'Challa is going to die? I know Chadwick Boseman passed away, but that doesn't mean the character should die.

According to fandom, T'Challa was already dead. Died from the snap. Then later resurrected. So he was gone for 5 years, like the others. So perhaps there's just going to be a new king of Wakanda, who replaced the previous one during the blip, and who didn't feel like giving up the throne upon T'Challa's return, and they'll only mention T'Challa in passing.

tchalla.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I don't want to derail the thread and get into a whole discussion about this, but since the subject has already been brought up...

I find the whole thing of Black Lives Matter to be wrong. I mean, of course black lives matter. All lives matter! This terminology is placing the focus all wrong. Latino lives, Asian lives, yes, even Caucasian lives, they all matter. It seems to me that all what is being achieved here by the people behind this "movement", or whatever it is, is that black people are being singled out and distinguished from people who aren't black. In a way, it is actually promoting separation, instead of integration. Black people are doing this to themselves, or perhaps for themselves. Maybe they just like playing the underdog role and they can't handle the fact that they've lost that role over the past couple of decades. Or maybe they're afraid of the change that's already happened. People generally don't like change. They've gotten so used to fighting the fight that they don't realize the fight was over long ago, or rather they choose not to realize it, so they can keep on doing what they know to do best. Maybe they're afraid of losing their identity. They've identified with their part in the struggle so much that they have a group of people who view them a certain way and they have to maintain a certain image to the others so as not to lose the standing they enjoy. Whatever the reason is people, let it go. Just let it go! The fight is over. The goal has already been achieved. All of us are winners because of it.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I don't want to derail the thread and get into a whole discussion about this, but since the subject has already been brought up...

I find the whole thing of Black Lives Matter to be wrong. I mean, of course black lives matter. All lives matter! This terminology is placing the focus all wrong. Latino lives, Asian lives, yes, even Caucasian lives, they all matter. It seems to me that all what is being achieved here by the people behind this "movement", or whatever it is, is that black people are being singled out and distinguished from people who aren't black. In a way, it is actually promoting separation, instead of integration. Black people are doing this to themselves, or perhaps for themselves. Maybe they just like playing the underdog role and they can't handle the fact that they've lost that role over the past couple of decades. Or maybe they're afraid of the change that's already happened. People generally don't like change. They've gotten so used to fighting the fight that they don't realize the fight was over long ago, or rather they choose not to realize it, so they can keep on doing what they know to do best. Maybe they're afraid of losing their identity. They've identified with their part in the struggle so much that they have a group of people who view them a certain way and they have to maintain a certain image to the others so as not to lose the standing they enjoy. Whatever the reason is people, let it go. Just let it go! The fight is over. The goal has already been achieved. All of us are winners because of it.
THIS. I completely agree with everything you said there. The really creepy thing is that here in the US the BLM "movement" is generally white leftists. I have pictures of BLM protests where there are no black people in the picture. And those blacks who seem to be behind the movement have been caught spending funds recently. All lives matter. And no matter what, the solution is never burning up cities and committing violence and making racist demands on companies and citizens.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
THIS. I completely agree with everything you said there. The really creepy thing is that here in the US the BLM "movement" is generally white leftists. I have pictures of BLM protests where there are no black people in the picture. And those blacks who seem to be behind the movement have been caught spending funds recently. All lives matter. And no matter what, the solution is never burning up cities and committing violence and making racist demands on companies and citizens.
when brought up to libs. they say just because its all white ppl at a blm rally. it doesn't mean anything

but it does... back in the 60's were there some white ppl at civil rights rallies? yes.. but were white ppl the majority at any? no

and then the issues were far far stronger.. the situation far worse.

just like there was/is a legit "Occupy wall st" movement and a legit TEA party (that was actually non political ) there is a legit BLM movement.. but all of these movements have been taken over by ppl far more radical then the founding movements

Shadow Mann

Staff member
when brought up to libs. they say just because its all white ppl at a blm rally. it doesn't mean anything

but it does... back in the 60's were there some white ppl at civil rights rallies? yes.. but were white ppl the majority at any? no

and then the issues were far far stronger.. the situation far worse.

just like there was/is a legit "Occupy wall st" movement and a legit TEA party (that was actually non political ) there is a legit BLM movement.. but all of these movements have been taken over by ppl far more radical then the founding movements
Yes, and there are more than a few videos where black people are actually telling the white BLM protesters to stop destroying property and burning shit down. Like these:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBbPJsNZMPg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLbU4as6Gg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, and there are more than a few videos where black people are actually telling the white BLM protesters to stop destroying property and burning shit down. Like these:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBbPJsNZMPg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLbU4as6Gg
yup.. seen them and fought that fight with liberals months ago

it always devolves in the same thing-- a refusal on their part to understand, then they demand evidence, video or article show; then that evidence is attacked as being biased or somehow bad; then attacks made on me-- i always end up being called the racist :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Does the title of this thread now need to be changed?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
From...

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

to...

Captain America and the Winter Soldier

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Good question

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The title change.. reflective of character changing name of course

but Bucky continues with his negative name-the name given to him by Hydra. he crossed off all the names in his book, but does the name not changing to CPT AMERICA AND THE WHITE WOLF indicate Bucky still has the potential to go dark again?

hmmm.. will there even be a S2 with a CPT AMERICA 4 coming?

Last edited: