Coaster Legends II - You are Thor, and you are chasing Loki on a rollercoaster!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is a cool twist on a rollercoaster. One with a story! This rollercoaster feels more like a ride you might wait in line for at a theme park. You are Thor in your own rollercoaster car, and you see Loki on another track and you see him steal your hammer. Your car chases Loki through all sorts of awesome and massive surroundings, sometimes on the same track, and sometimes he is shunted off on a different track. I will update this with a video.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
This is a cool twist on a rollercoaster. One with a story! This rollercoaster feels more like a ride you might wait in line for at a theme park. You are Thor in your own rollercoaster car, and you see Loki on another track and you see him steal your hammer. Your car chases Loki through all sorts of awesome and massive surroundings, sometimes on the same track, and sometimes he is shunted off on a different track. I will update this with a video.
The premise is flawed. Loki would not be able to steal the hammer.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The premise is flawed. Loki would not be able to steal the hammer.

I know, but he does and Heimdall gets it back at the end of the ride for him (also not possible). None of that takes away the fun of the ride though. I made two videos, but my headset had tracking issues when Alexa turned off all the lights (on a timer). I was riding at around 3:00am. When the Rift S cannot see any light, it cannot track. It automatically pauses your game or other VR app and asks you to increase the light level and reset the guardian. Ruined two videos like that! I will make one this morning.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here is the video I made riding the coaster:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, the coasters really aren't doing it for me. Sorry.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, the coasters really aren't doing it for me. Sorry.

What other stuff in there would you like to see? I can totally understand why seeing the flat video of the rollercoaster rides is not having much of an impact on you. I used to watch rollercoasters on YouTube done from a first person POV on the ride using actual video, and felt the same. But in VR, you feel like you are ON the ride and the environment surrounds you. In this Legends rollercoaster, you are in a MASSIVE environment and everything looks gigantic. Like that dragon and those giant trees where you go through those big doors during the ride.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I understand that. But I'm not watching it in VR. I'm watching it on my phone. But even if I were to watch it in VR, I must say, I probably wouldn't find it very appealing due to lack of interaction.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I understand that. But I'm not watching it in VR. I'm watching it on my phone. But even if I were to watch it in VR, I must say, I probably wouldn't find it very appealing due to lack of interaction.

I can see what you are saying. And to be honest, most of these coasters DO have an interactive mode, usually with you shooting targets along the way as you ride the coaster. But for me that is too distracting. I just have a thing for riding rollercoasters like I have since I was a kid, and VR is a way for me to indulge that on a daily basis. :) The VR coasters, however, feel more like theme park rides than your run of the mill coaster you might find at a fair or a regional amusement park. I know there isn't the motion and the feel of moving in an actual rollercoaster, but the most fun parts of the coaster ride elements are there in VR to enjoy. It's like being able to ride every ride in the park with no lines and no need for money.