CHAPELWAITE-EPX via PRIME

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
CHAPELWAITE, aired on EPIX channel, and, I guess finished up 1 or 2 weeks ago. A story based on the Stephen King short story JERUSALEM'S LOT (not SALEM'S LOT they are diff stories)

there a lot of detracting "professional" reviews out there. But as usual, in the reading you can tell they either didn't watch the entire show or they "Speedwatched" it, as their review is lacking details or outright wrong on details. One I read stated "this is a terrible remake of SALEM'S LOT when, as I stated, it is not meant to be SALEM'S LOT at all (the original story https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/23456351-jerusalem-s-lot )

But, as we have done here before, we use the bad review sight, ROTTEN TOMATOES- in inverse as a telling sign :)

When the audience and pro critic score is this close on Rotten Tomatoes, you know a show is good

IMO, someone has FINALLY gotten a Stephen King story transferred correctly-- all the suspense and horror in the pages to the screen. Without resorting to excess violence and blood.. and keeps you watching one ep to the next all the while feeling the oppression and overbearing misery of life that the characters are feeling-- yeah, they did it right! :biggrin:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Good to know.

As to RT, the usual guide is the audience score. When the critics are low and the audience high we tend to ignore the critics. So basically, ignore the critics score :D

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Good to know.

As to RT, the usual guide is the audience score. When the critics are low and the audience high we tend to ignore the critics. So basically, ignore the critics score :D
agree to unbalanced 'critic' score. as to the 2 scores being close, my comment stands. based on the trend of opinion the many other forums and groups i have started visiting, since, sadly, GF's has been put into so many "closets" :(

ps-- no, not GW, that place is full of science denying lunatics, just for clarity :)

THIS is a good show though! just keep in mind, over the yrs, what i call good, many of you do not-- to wit the 100 and my holding that DARK is quite possibly the most perfect SCIFI show ever (so far)

if you watch this show WITH intent, you will feel the gloom and overbearing weight of life the main character feels