Ben Browder doesn't age (lol)

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
No, really...he mostly looks the same, even if you look at his very early roles...I have seen some recently....

He is 47 now, but you wouldn't guess it I guess. Well maybe he will start aging now, or has started...but still he looks the same...lol

Deity59

GateFans Noob
Maybe he has a portrait of himself in his attic.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
themanyfacesofben1.jpg

By Sprite Lady on Ben Browder portal. From the looks of it, the top left corner is the start and the bottom right is the end. Still damn sexy:cameron04: That was my wallpaper once for school. Though I pop up a tab when the teachers come. Unfortunetly the computer was too slow and the internet wouldn't load and the teacher gave me an odd look.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He works out.

No, really...he mostly looks the same, even if you look at his very early roles...I have seen some recently....

He is 47 now, but you wouldn't guess it I guess. Well maybe he will start aging now, or has started...but still he looks the same...lol

He works out. He is an athletic sorta dude and has always been so. Working out slows aging A LOT! I am 50 years old, but people tell me I still look like Im in my 30s. Most people you see who are older people who dont seem to age are also those who regularly exercise, eat well and live low-stress lives. Taking vitamin supplements (not just a multivitamin) will also slow aging.

Browder is a great guy! He likes to LAUGH! Laughing is a great stress reliever and releases endorphins...just like working out does. Connection? :)

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
God I love his laugh!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug98NCQWcvY&p=47E44E7C72C5FED5&playnext=1&index=19

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Great guy

God I love his laugh!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug98NCQWcvY&p=47E44E7C72C5FED5&playnext=1&index=19

That laugh is the laugh of a man who likes to laugh!

Deity59

GateFans Noob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHgxCm_nWJY&NR=1

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Maybe he has a portrait of himself in his attic.

oooooh good one! I love that book....the original movie wasn't too bad either...but the book just sends chills! :D yaaay for classic lit. :thoranime12:

He works out. He is an athletic sorta dude and has always been so. Working out slows aging A LOT! I am 50 years old, but people tell me I still look like Im in my 30s. Most people you see who are older people who dont seem to age are also those who regularly exercise, eat well and live low-stress lives. Taking vitamin supplements (not just a multivitamin) will also slow aging.

Browder is a great guy! He likes to LAUGH! Laughing is a great stress reliever and releases endorphins...just like working out does. Connection? :)

then there is genetics...my mother died at 79 with nary a wrinkle on her face...the blessings of oilier skin as a young woman. she never smoked (ages the skin terribly!) nor drank alcohol! Snookie and I get asked if we are sisters (she's 28 -- all grown up---sighhhh) because of my unlined face. even though I tanned as a teen (baby-oil tans :eek: ) I have mediterranean ancestry so I am olive-toned and less prone to melanoma. (my poor hubby has fair skin -danish ancestry and despite his dark hair has already had several suspicous moles removed)
So all in all, I would say Ben Browder lives a healthy lifestyle, remains relatively stress free, and has excellent genes. It always cracked me up on sg1 that he played 8 or so years younger...he is my age! :eek: (48)

Deity59

GateFans Noob
oooooh good one! I love that book....the original movie wasn't too bad either...but the book just sends chills! :D yaaay for classic lit. :thoranime12:

then there is genetics...my mother died at 79 with nary a wrinkle on her face...the blessings of oilier skin as a young woman. she never smoked (ages the skin terribly!) nor drank alcohol! Snookie and I get asked if we are sisters (she's 28 -- all grown up---sighhhh) because of my unlined face. even though I tanned as a teen (baby-oil tans :eek: ) I have mediterranean ancestry so I am olive-toned and less prone to melanoma. (my poor hubby has fair skin -danish ancestry and despite his dark hair has already had several suspicous moles removed)
So all in all, I would say Ben Browder lives a healthy lifestyle, remains relatively stress free, and has excellent genes. It always cracked me up on sg1 that he played 8 or so years younger...he is my age! :eek: (48)

Sweet! I was hoping someone would get the reference. Which "original" movie are you referring to (there are 19 Dorian Grey movies, 20 if you count League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)? BTW the last one (2009) was pretty good.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Sweet! I was hoping someone would get the reference. Which "original" movie are you referring to (there are 19 Dorian Grey movies, 20 if you count League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)? BTW the last one (2009) was pretty good.
1945 version with a young and lovely Angela Lansbury- the definitive one IMHO of course. :)

pictureofdoriangray.jpg

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
What's interesting is Ben who was around 45 in played Cameron who was 37 at 2007. Michael Shanks who is 39? plays Daniel jackson who is 45, must have been his hair in the earlier seasons.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Hmm...was away from the forums for a while...

Anyway I think he is Highlander. :P

But yeah..all those factors could contribute to it...if you look at me I age a lot even within short periods of time relatively and I am young, but my life was very stresfull, I like to laugh too though and I used to be all funny, but well things have changed one day suddenly and I got terribly ill too. Don't know if I should post a picture of myself, maybe not...well maybe through pm I can if anyone wants...

People tell me I look like a metal head though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I hadnt thought of that!

What's interesting is Ben who was around 45 in played Cameron who was 37 at 2007. Michael Shanks who is 39? plays Daniel jackson who is 45, must have been his hair in the earlier seasons.

I hadnt thought of that part (the hair). I still have a full head of hair at 50 because the bald gene doesnt run in my family. Perhaps that makes you look younger too? I admit, I do color my hair because its salt and pepper and the white hairs are not as evenly distributed as I would like. I leave some at the temples. I didnt know Shanks was that young, and I didnt know Browder was that old! They both look great.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I hadnt thought of that part (the hair). I still have a full head of hair at 50 because the bald gene doesnt run in my family. Perhaps that makes you look younger too? I admit, I do color my hair because its salt and pepper and the white hairs are not as evenly distributed as I would like. I leave some at the temples. I didnt know Shanks was that young, and I didnt know Browder was that old! They both look great.
Until hubby gets 50% gray....he barely has ANY gray...it's more silver...L'Oreal is my best friend! :P Hubby doesn't have the bald gene either (male patterned baldness usually runs through the mother's side)...his maternal grandfather died in his 70's with a full head of nearly black hair. :eek: and I have nephews in their 30's going seriously bald....my dad was bald...:P Luckily snookie is a girl! ;) genetics can be a crap shoot! :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Genetics are the root of so much!

Until hubby gets 50% gray....he barely has ANY gray...it's more silver...L'Oreal is my best friend! :P Hubby doesn't have the bald gene either (male patterned baldness usually runs through the mother's side)...his maternal grandfather died in his 70's with a full head of nearly black hair. :eek: and I have nephews in their 30's going seriously bald....my dad was bald...:P Luckily snookie is a girl! ;) genetics can be a crap shoot! :P

My hair is black, and it goes directly to white! I have salt and pepper hair, and I have been using the Grecian formula 5-minute hair color (works great!) for about 5 years. My dad had a full head of hair when he died in his 70s, and he was not nearly as in good as shape as I am right now when he was 50. Girls are lucky when it comes to hair...it grows more than twice as fast, its stronger and rarely do women go bald! I wonder why some men's hair goes grey, while others go white. I have black hair, so I would think that it would go gray or silver, but it goes white!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
My hair is black, and it goes directly to white! I have salt and pepper hair, and I have been using the Grecian formula 5-minute hair color (works great!) for about 5 years. My dad had a full head of hair when he died in his 70s, and he was not nearly as in good as shape as I am right now when he was 50. Girls are lucky when it comes to hair...it grows more than twice as fast, its stronger and rarely do women go bald! I wonder why some men's hair goes grey, while others go white. I have black hair, so I would think that it would go gray or silver, but it goes white!

it could be your heritage. I know that affects things...I have my mom's kinky yellowish-gray hair ( german & jewish background)...very ugly color, but atleast I have some curl now! :P Hubby's has gone a beautiful silver-what little ahs changed color, but his mustache (which is a dark auburn) is 90% pure white and he won't dye it because we haven't found a just for men for facial hair that's auburn.:P if I am not careful about my dye I can get a red that is atrocious...my gray is very "brassy" they tell me so I use natural dark brown (with ash undertones) - basically the same color I had in high school.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
We don't age, we mature.

Just started coloring at 50. I tell people that I have these laugh lines from laughing really hard at other people. If I had known at some point that this is the best that I was ever going to look, I'm sure that I would have done more it.

Hind sight is 20/20. I'm not aging I just get more mature as my doctor said.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
A bottle of fine wine!

Just started coloring at 50. I tell people that I have these laugh lines from laughing really hard at other people. If I had known at some point that this is the best that I was ever going to look, I'm sure that I would have done more it.

Hind sight is 20/20. I'm not aging I just get more mature as my doctor said.

Like a fine wine my dear! ;) I found my first gray at 27...about 9 years after my mom and sisters did...we go gray very young in my family! :( been coloring regularly since about 32 or so...that's 16 years and many more to go hopefully! :P