Aladdin Trailer

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan

My only question is why? This one looks like a rehash of the original. I seriously wonder when is Disney or hollywood going to put more thought into creative writing and stories again.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It just a rehash and live adapdation of the original.

Why do they move forward with these projects without audience input? I remember the days when in Hollywood, there were people walking around with pre-screening/focus group tickets which would let those selected to view pre-production footage, answer questions and give opinions. Those people are nowhere to be found now. Like you said, this looks like a live action version of the cartoon. The cartoon had several weaknesses, and they must be aware of them, hopefully.

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20170714-the-aladdin-controversy-disney-cant-escape

If they don't watch out, they will have a lead balloon on their hands.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Why do they move forward with these projects without audience input? I remember the days when in Hollywood, there were people walking around with pre-screening/focus group tickets which would let those selected to view pre-production footage, answer questions and give opinions. Those people are nowhere to be found now. Like you said, this looks like a live action version of the cartoon. The cartoon had several weaknesses, and they must be aware of them, hopefully.

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20170714-the-aladdin-controversy-disney-cant-escape

If they don't watch out, they will have a lead balloon on their hands.

The+Simpsons+Cash+Money+(Gif).gif

giphy.gif

You know our opinions don't matter anymore because what do we know? right? :) It's to save them the trouble of going back and experiencing a headache of fixing the mistakes to make it better. Personally, I loved the series and it had some funny moment. Dan Castellaneta was an excellent replacement for Williams (RIP) .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Interesting....but they don't give us much in that trailer! I did not watch the animated movie, so I can't speak on any of the story. But I do know the book. Could be interesting!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
aladdin isn't the only cartoon to live action

mulan as well (trailer is an older concept one but it is confirmed for 2020 release)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
:smiley-015::smiley-015::smiley-015::smiley-015::smiley-015:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
there are no original ideas in Hollywood anymore.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
emphasis on the dislikes. It seems like a garbage trailer.

I don't get where Will Smith is seen as such a great actor. He plays the same character in all his movies. The best I saw him do was in I Am Legend, and that was still just middling. I am sure this Aladdin is entertaining, but meh...

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I don't get where Will Smith is seen as such a great actor. He plays the same character in all his movies. The best I saw him do was in I Am Legend, and that was still just middling. I am sure this Aladdin is entertaining, but meh...
He was alright in Suicide Squad.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
he was probably the only bright spot in suicide squad

<<< you know they are making a sequel (or two) to that "thing"?>>
Harley Quinn was alright in my book as well. Next movie will probably focus on the joker, at least that's my guess.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I still want to see this movie, so I will give it a go when I get a chance. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
many of these DISNEY live actions are nearly all remakes of cartoons that came out in the 90's or late 80's aren't they?

i say this is an attempt to re-sell the same product,repackaged to the same customers twice over

that is the tgt demo for these movies, being live action with more action (and what will they be rated? PG i am guessing) will be the very same ppl who watched these movies and bought the toys when they were kids.

they are now in their late 20's and early 30's--smack dab in the middle of the 18-35 age demo

the next iteration of these same stories, i am betting now, will be back to cartoon form for the kids of these millennial adults in about 5 - 10 yrs

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He was alright in Suicide Squad.

Okay, he was good in Suicide Squad. I admit, I hadn't been interested in seeing it until you said what you did about it.