Ahhh The Smells of SPRING !!! 1-2-3

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Show me, don't tell me baby. ;)
laws prohibit such things ya know.
You're a f**king scientist, you know that?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
dude its plants its like THE most veristile form of life and will grow pretty much wherever its not like its astrophysics.

Im starting to learn the curing process. My grow solution works great. :) I got a decent first yield of 12 gms (wet) from each plant which turned out to be 9gms dried bud. This is from plants only 16" tall. :) But the curing process which takes the "green" taste out of the bud is an art. It takes as long as growing the damned plant! Im going to have to experience at least two more harvests to perfect my technique. I totally agree with you on it not being that easy. :)
12 grams? wet? dude to me that is a complete fail and i doubt the potency with such a small under developed plant taken to flower. if i get less then 50g wet i consider it a fail and when im done curing say 50g wet there is less then 25g dry no fucking stems or sugar leaves just pure flowered mango flawored goodieness, my (theoretical) rotation is 6 fems in passiive/soiless SOE/LST red and blue 350W CFL yeilding roughly 10-20g every month or so and barly takes up 1m squared and is completly stealth.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
12 grams? wet? dude to me that is a complete fail and i doubt the potency with such a small under developed plant taken to flower. if i get less then 50g wet i consider it a fail and when im done curing say 50g wet there is less then 25g dry no fucking stems or sugar leaves just pure flowered mango flawored goodieness, my (theoretical) rotation is 6 fems in passiive/soiless SOE/LST red and blue 350W CFL yeilding roughly 10-20g every month or so and barly takes up 1m squared and is completly stealth.

The potency is excellent, and the yield from a 17" plant was decent for my needs. The pictures of the buds are in the thread in FH. I never smoke fan leaves or stems...all bud. :) The problem for me was not the smallish yield, but the smell of the buds. I want that sweet, skunky pine tree smell like my dispensary bud has. That comes from curing and I will learn that my second time around. My clone is vegging, and I am revegging my other plant. Im still learning, but I also have grown some decent bud while I wait. :)

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Lol . I don't smoke it or toke it so you boys have fun wit dat sssssssshiiiittt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
That shot is off my front porch :) :) :) . Sun rises straight ahead almost to the east . Sun is actually more to the right not directly in front . My house is super bright inside all day . I like a bright house . A lot in my neighbourhood are dark inside due to there design , location and the crazy amount of curtains that people use . We just have wood blinds .

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I opened up that wall between the kitchen and where I am sitting at my puter . I did that work way before I got sick . Built a dinner table breakfast bar in place of the wall and added stools . Makes the whole house much much brighter with that wall gone . I've no idea how I did all that work . Now it takes me weeks to do anything simple .
We had the windows changed around 4 years ago . We went with the cottage look as you can flip these windows down and get that full opening of breeze coming through on warm summer days . A lot of people do the big picture windowy thingy but they have very small window openings in them so the choice was easy to go with cottage type windows :) :) :)

Getting new doors by the end of this summer . That's the original door from 1949 and I've been patching it and re-screwing the thing together as the frames are rotted . I put 4" wood screws into a few spots and still get rot .
Think we'll stay with the floors as is as they are the original 1/1/4" and you can no longer get them . Everything is now 2,3,4,6 " from what I have seen plus we don't have the money for that type of work right now or maybe never lol

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
My daughter is going to paint all the trim in our house with high gloss enamel . It really gives an older home that clean retro feel and will also be much easier to clean and keep clean .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I opened up that wall between the kitchen and where I am sitting at my puter . I did that work way before I got sick . Built a dinner table breakfast bar in place of the wall and added stools . Makes the whole house much much brighter with that wall gone . I've no idea how I did all that work . Now it takes me weeks to do anything simple .
We had the windows changed around 4 years ago . We went with the cottage look as you can flip these windows down and get that full opening of breeze coming through on warm summer days . A lot of people do the big picture windowy thingy but they have very small window openings in them so the choice was easy to go with cottage type windows :) :) :)

Getting new doors by the end of this summer . That's the original door from 1949 and I've been patching it and re-screwing the thing together as the frames are rotted . I put 4" wood screws into a few spots and still get rot .
Think we'll stay with the floors as is as they are the original 1/1/4" and you can no longer get them . Everything is now 2,3,4,6 " from what I have seen plus we don't have the money for that type of work right now or maybe never lol

What a beautiful home! It must be fun working on it and bringing the beauty out of it. :) Looks peaceful and calm. I really like the 4 different stools at your counter, each one is interesting and unique and they look nice around the counter with that bright kitchen. Your wife has been busy. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
What a beautiful home! It must be fun working on it and bringing the beauty out of it. :) Looks peaceful and calm. I really like the 4 different stools at your counter, each one is interesting and unique and they look nice around the counter with that bright kitchen. Your wife has been busy. :)

Good eye bud . Yes we went with four ,actually 5 different stools . My wife's idea with the stools . There's one stool on the kitchen side .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Good eye bud . Yes we went with four ,actually 5 different stools . My wife's idea with the stools . There's one stool on the kitchen side .

It has an "artsy" look to it...relaxed and peaceful. Im huge on that. :) Unusually shaped countertop is interesting, along with the individual stools. Looks like a pleasant place to be.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
My daughter is going to paint all the trim in our house with high gloss enamel . It really gives an older home that clean retro feel and will also be much easier to clean and keep clean .

Are you allowed to do that in Canada without a permit? :SmileyLaughingTears:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
geeese ,,,probably not lol !!!

What IS the deal with all of that anyhow?

Granted,I do get my info on this from watching Mike Holmes (Mr Uber Nanny), Brian Baumler, Home Wreckers and FAMILY UNDER CONSTRUCTION on HGTV/DIY networks

it seems that you guys even need permits to change an electrical outlet or water heater! Here (at least in PA) we are allowed to do these things on our own.

And all of that foam product you guys put into your homes! The chemical hazard zone that must exist if one of those places burns! They just might as well make the entire home out of spray foam and cut in windows and doors the way they use the stuff....

Tripler

Well Known GateFan

Granted,I do get my info on this from watching Mike Holmes (Mr Uber Nanny), Brian Baumler, Home Wreckers and FAMILY UNDER CONSTRUCTION on HGTV/DIY networks

it seems that you guys even need permits to change an electrical outlet or water heater! Here (at least in PA) we are allowed to do these things on our own.

And all of that foam product you guys put into your homes! The chemical hazard zone that must exist if one of those places burns! They just might as well make the entire home out of spray foam and cut in windows and doors the way they use the stuff....

Yah that foam thing is nuts . We weren't allowed on a jobsite if they were spraying that stuff . The guys who spray that stuff can't do it for more than 3 years . They get checked yearly also . After 3 years there spraying days are over .
They try and make the house here airtight and I ( hvac mechanic ) would install a hrv ( heat recovery ventilator ) to exchange the outside air with inside air without having your heating or cooling air forced outside saving that energy in turn keeping your airtight house filled with constant fresh air . HRV is a Canadian invention that is designed for R 2000 homes which started back in the early 80's .

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan

You practically need a permit to fart in your own house . You can't touch a gas appliance unless you have a gas fitter license which I have . Also goes for air conditioning which I also have a license for . I am a sheet metal worker also and yes I have a license for that too . You need a sheet metal license to change a furnace . You also need a license to purchase refrigerant gasses which I also have . Geese ,,, did I miss something there lol . I have to renew all these every 2 years or so . I'm retired now and can't work in the HVAC trade anymore but I keep the licenses to do work at home . I also have a license to install HRV units and a duct design license .
I also have a Ramset license which is a 22caliber high velocity nail gun to put pins in concrete . Oh you need a license to operate a chainsaw indoors that is gas powered . I don't have that license . Who needs a license to go postal with a chainsaw indoors :) :) :)

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
It has an "artsy" look to it...relaxed and peaceful. Im huge on that. :) Unusually shaped counter top is interesting, along with the individual stools. Looks like a pleasant place to be.

Thanks man :-) .
That ceiling fan weighs 48 lbs and I had to go into the attic and support it with a cable to the trusses . It is super super quiet and I love airplanes so it reminds me of a three prop turbo Beach Bonanza A36 . One of my favorite planes if I could afford one . That and the Baron 58 twin .
The Ontario government had a rebate going for while and would give you a little tax break if you installed ceiling fans in your home . I put 3 in and saved a bit of doe . Still tons of work to do but over the last few years I just don't have the energy anymore . I'll have to start pushing myself to get stuff done and to keep my wife happy before she throws me out on the street for being a house bum :) :) :)

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yah that foam thing is nuts . We weren't allowed on a jobsite if they were spraying that stuff . The guys who spray that stuff can't do it for more than 3 years . They get checked yearly also . After 3 years there spraying days are over .
They try and make the house here airtight and I ( hvac mechanic ) would install a hrv ( heat recovery ventilator ) to exchange the outside air with inside air without having your heating or cooling air forced outside saving that energy in turn keeping your airtight house filled with constant fresh air . HRV is a Canadian invention that is designed for R 2000 homes which started back in the early 80's .

R2000!!?? Holy crap--just go back into the womb!!! I don't see howmuch of Canada needs that-especially in the south Ontario area-you guys are usually warmer then my part of PA being lower elev and having the warm lake, etc

HRV sounds like a 'good; thing for efficiency, but unless you have a really kickass filter-- like laced with phages or with a UV light--it is bad for constantly recycling bacteria. New buildings in the US have closed hvac systems to save energy money- In places like office bldgs, apartments, schools-all the ppl report having more bacterial (airborne) infections and allergens

It is a good idea but a little fresh air can not hurt anyone

Did the guy who came up with this watch BOY IN THE PLASTIC BUBBLE (A Travolta "classic") and become scarred for life? :smiley-money-mouth:

You practically need a permit to fart in your own house . You can't touch a gas appliance unless you have a gas fitter license which I have . Also goes for air conditioning which I also have a license for . I am a sheet metal worker also and yes I have a license for that too . You need a sheet metal license to change a furnace . You also need a license to purchase refrigerant gasses which I also have . Geese ,,, did I miss something there lol . I have to renew all these every 2 years or so . I'm retired now and can't work in the HVAC trade anymore but I keep the licenses to do work at home . I also have a license to install HRV units and a duct design license .
I also have a Ramset license which is a 22caliber high velocity nail gun to put pins in concrete . Oh you need a license to operate a chainsaw indoors that is gas powered . I don't have that license . Who needs a license to go postal with a chainsaw indoors :) :) :)

Ok, really-a license to operate=what is basically a powered hammer? Wow :crazy homer face:

One cannot use the 'blanks' used in a rifle (well you could but it would be very stupid) and you would be equally stupid to fire a real round. Since the spring has to be engaged against a solid surface to "fire", you really couldn't use it has a weapon

I have one that you strike with a hammer- the models with a pull trigger-that I have seen-have the same safety to prevent it from being used as a weapon as well

Are all of these permits and licencing for collecting revenue, or actually ensuring safety or both?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I also have the striking hammer version which you do not require a license to use . Probably more dangerous than the gun lol . You can fire a pin out of the gun ramset !!!. Just use a heavy peice of metal that has 1/4 hole in it . Hold it up in the air like a gun and and carfully press the tip against the metal and line up the hole with the pin exit point . press and pull the trigger ,,,wham !!! . You now have a high velocity weapon to kill zombies with . Most zombies are musshy heads so you would need the steal plate to depress the gun and over ride the safety . Ok kids ,,,now that I showed you how to hurt yourselves ,,,go play in the street with your friends . Here's a nickel for listening . Now get lost punk :) :) :)

Oh ,,,I forgot to mention that once you do the dangerous act of shooting a pin out of your ramset gun , you will also ruin the gun as the hammer pin inside the gun will go past its travel impact zone and kinda wreck the barrel . But you will get a few shots out of it before it starts to shoot the pin and the hammer pin right out the end in a blast of metal and sparks !!! Woohoo ,,,Hell yahhhh ,,, Yippey !!!

:tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::tealc-gun02::ronan_wraith::ronan_wraith::ronan_wraith:

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
R2000!!?? Holy crap--just go back into the womb!!! I don't see howmuch of Canada needs that-especially in the south Ontario area-you guys are usually warmer then my part of PA being lower elev and having the warm lake, etc

HRV sounds like a 'good; thing for efficiency, but unless you have a really kickass filter-- like laced with phages or with a UV light--it is bad for constantly recycling bacteria. New buildings in the US have closed hvac systems to save energy money- In places like office bldgs, apartments, schools-all the ppl report having more bacterial (airborne) infections and allergens

It is a good idea but a little fresh air can not hurt anyone

Did the guy who came up with this watch BOY IN THE PLASTIC BUBBLE (A Travolta "classic") and become scarred for life? :smiley-money-mouth:

Ok, really-a license to operate=what is basically a powered hammer? Wow :crazy homer face:

One cannot use the 'blanks' used in a rifle (well you could but it would be very stupid) and you would be equally stupid to fire a real round. Since the spring has to be engaged against a solid surface to "fire", you really couldn't use it has a weapon

I have one that you strike with a hammer- the models with a pull trigger-that I have seen-have the same safety to prevent it from being used as a weapon as well

Are all of these permits and licensing for collecting revenue, or actually ensuring safety or both?

Revenue mostly and to curb side job Joe from taking all the business away from the legit company's that pay all there dues to the guvment to operate a HVAC company in Ontario Canada .

You still see huge amounts of unmarked white vans or trucks all over the city with Refrigerant gauges hanging in the back window of there van lol

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Revenue mostly and to curb side job Joe from taking all the business away from the legit company's that pay all there dues to the guvment to operate a HVAC company in Ontario Canada .

You still see huge amounts of unmarked white vans or trucks all over the city with Refrigerant gauges hanging in the back window of there van lol

:confused0006::confused0006::confused0006:

TriplerUFO.jpg