1899 from the makers of DARK, more 'secret sci-fi'?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They thought they were fooling us back when DARK's last season came out. The writers/show runners of that best show ever (so far) said their new show, 1899, would simply be about a ship load of migrants on their way to America when a mysterious murder occurs, that it would nothing like DARK at all

ok...

well,, I "saw" an ending coming, but NOT that ending .. great ending

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOOON_KYHs

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So, I have watched the first three episodes now. So far I'm not willing to do more than one per day, as I'm honestly not liking the show THAT much. As I mentioned in an off-topic post on another thread, this has a Lost-like vibe to it. To be honest, I'm not sure if that is a good thing. Maybe that's what prevents me from liking it. Or maybe it's just that everything is dreary and sad and pessimistic. Can't say I care for the homo-eroticism between the Spanish dude and the Danish dude, and the Portuguese dude for that matter. Yep, just a lot of dreary shit with some mystery mixed in, that pretty much describes the show so far.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So, I have watched the first three episodes now. So far I'm not willing to do more than one per day, as I'm honestly not liking the show THAT much. As I mentioned in an off-topic post on another thread, this has a Lost-like vibe to it. To be honest, I'm not sure if that is a good thing. Maybe that's what prevents me from liking it. Or maybe it's just that everything is dreary and sad and pessimistic. Can't say I care for the homo-eroticism between the Spanish dude and the Danish dude, and the Portuguese dude for that matter. Yep, just a lot of dreary shit with some mystery mixed in, that pretty much describes the show so far.
just keep in mind who made the show

and nothing will be..... well, you'll see

just remember there is a reason why i put in the "list" of sci fi stories I think would be good to see put into some meta story

or not ;)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Well, I can see why this show was cancelled. What a load of bull. The whole season was basically a convoluted introduction to them being on a spaceship. Bleh. None of it mattered. Whomever wrote this should not be allowed to write for TV again.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well, I can see why this show was cancelled. What a load of bull. The whole season was basically a convoluted introduction to them being on a spaceship. Bleh. None of it mattered. Whomever wrote this should not be allowed to write for TV again.
it totally mattered

just when you think it was figured out by the characters, it wasn't

and just HOW would you, of say OM1 have reacted if they had just gone straight into "they are on a generational spaceship and they use AI simulation" along with whatever other plot line we would have gotten in a S2?

I know how --at least how some.. would have reacted:

"how unimaginative" "nothing new" "its a rip off of..." "terrible writing"

again.. why THIS website is dead

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It may have been unimaginative, but it wouldn't have been pointless. None of the character building in this season, which was already bad to begin with, has any relevance, as that's apparently not who they are. The mysterious storyline was equally irrelevant. Just an all around bad show to be honest. There was no redeeming aspect to it whatsoever.