Youtube Unoriginals

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

heisenberg

Earl Grey
There are "Youtube Originals"? Why? Most everything on YouTube is already original. Why would I want to watch some packaged corporate crap on YouTube when there is so much more interesting stuff on there?
It's trying to get a marketshare in the streaming space which is already packed. I.e. It wants more money. Here are the originals

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
YouTube Red. :). I keep saying No Thanks to trying it. Not remotely interested. I already have to deal with some videos that force me to watch an ad. If the ad is for longer than 10 seconds I skip the video. I'm not going to watch ads.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
YouTube Red. :). I keep saying No Thanks to trying it. Not remotely interested. I already have to deal with some videos that force me to watch an ad. If the ad is for longer than 10 seconds I skip the video. I'm not going to watch ads.
Here are all the original titles
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=youtube+original
A lot of them seem low budget. Some are low budget that they can't afford proper lighting so you'll need to shine a flashlight into the screen.Impluse is one that comes to mind. There is this too called lifeline.

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
There are "Youtube Originals"? Why? Most everything on YouTube is already original. Why would I want to watch some packaged corporate crap on YouTube when there is so much more interesting stuff on there?
https://digiday.com/media/neither-hulu-netflix-spotify-youtube-red-identity-crisis/

Subscription for these premium services don't work. Why? Because we are a creature of habit. Youtube has always been free and them trying to shove subscription model down people's throat doesn't work. People will simply move onto to another platform but youtube wants to apease these old fart shareholders who have nothing better to do with their life so they demand more money from this and the only way youtube thinks about making more money is by penalizing their customers which is you and I. Out of all the ads I see, youtube is by far the least intrusive which is why I don't block them but these shareholders have this sick forever growth mentality in their mind so they keep wanting more and more money. I don't know about you but I don't think any of these companies are going to survive... :(.

Last edited: